What should gared do ?

Should gared go to ironrath or stay in north grove ?

Comments

• It is for you to decide. Lord Gregor words can be understood in different ways.

In my main save Gared went south to help his friends and reunite all people with Forrester's blood.

• I had him stay at North Grove for several reasons:
    1) He is a deserter of the Night's Watch, everyone will be hunting him if he returns back south.
    2) Lord Gregor's last words were concerning the North Grove - it can never be lost - thus, he would want Gared to protect it
    3) Even though Gared doesn't know it, Ironrath is gone, and so is Rodrik/Asher, lady Forrester and all their smallfolk. Going back
    purely for revenge isn't worth it, especially considering that winter is coming and really scary things are coming along with it.
    4) In case Duncan spread the word about the north grove, it is not unreasonable to assume that whoever survived the battle would
    go there (in my case, Asher, Talia, Gwyn, Beskha and Ryon), and having a fortified grove would be much more useful to them.

• I think you have to go back to Ironrath anyway as it makes for a better story and probably if you choose to stay It ends up happening anyway classic TT it might be that Blood Magic girl dies and she's the person persuading you to stay.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited November 2015

Oh, so much things to do while you are in NG; stealing picnic baskets with Yogi, watching "angelina" cutting herself, waiting for Sylvi's 18th birthday...

Damn, it's pointless staying there.

• I felt like the only option was to stay at the Grove, I just didn't see the point in going back. I mean Gared is a deserter anyway, so he'd be killed upon returning to any of the posts, plus even if he and the others somehow got on the other side, they have no way to find the other Forresters and they'd be returning to an enemy-occupied Ironrath anyway. With the Grove, we know it has some kind of power as shown by the bastard sister so it's best for everyone to stay there. And I feel like there's much more to be lost in leaving the Grove unprotected, I don't think Gregor would solely be worried about his bastards.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.