The North Grove is already lost

What's the point in staying? Yes, I remember Lord Gregor last words, but that just doesn't make any sense.

Why would I stay there, with a small cursed army and two bastards? The White Walkers have thousands of wights, and themselves. There is no way the North Grove has a important part to play in the war to come. The real war, I mean. That's why I left the North Grove. We can't help House Forrester there... Unless they break the rules GRRM created for his world.

What are your thoughts about the North Grove?

Comments

• another plot hole in a Telltale game

• I think there's more about it they don't know, Elsera said so herself:

"A power we've only just begun to understand"

• edited November 2015

Okay, so whatever it is, it's safe to say it's some magic stuff.

The magics GRRM show us in his books are very specific. I mean, there is no way some magic up there could help the Forresters or help to destroy the White Walkers.

The magic used is a blood/fire magic, the same Valyria used before the doom. The same the red priests use. That means, Elsera used the power of R'hllor, even though she doesn't know it. And that power is not going to be helpful for the Forresters North of the Wall. Yes, perhaps it can be used against the White Walkers, but the White Walkers will not be stopped by them. They will invade Westeros after all.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I think there's more about it they don't know, Elsera said so herself: "A power we've only just begun to understand"

• Well I think it's safe to say anyone who stayed in the North Grove won't be helping the Forresters. The North Grove serves some other purpose and we'll likely only discover this purpose if we stayed to learn more.

Okay, so whatever it is, it's safe to say it's some magic stuff. The magics GRRM show us in his books are very specific. I mean, there is

• I agree staying at the North Grove would make Gared and the others to serve other purpose. But, what purpose is that?

Elsera say: We have a part to play in the war to come.

That means she thinks this purpose is fighting the walkers, and it's probably not the real purpose behind the North Grove. If it is, they are already dead.

So far north I can't think in another purpose but this. I guess that if we stay or leave, the outcome will be the same: Mance Rayder and his army will found us.

Well I think it's safe to say anyone who stayed in the North Grove won't be helping the Forresters. The North Grove serves some other purpose and we'll likely only discover this purpose if we stayed to learn more.

• North Grove can never be lost = Lord Gregors kids. He doesn't want them to be forgotten/ they can help.IMO

• I was hoping Gared (In episode five, before six was released) that he would fly back on a ice dragon and bring the Forrester family there. Although now, when episode six was released, I think Gregor was watching out for his kids.

And that power... It could create a army for the Forresters. They would be fearless... The ultimate army.

• It didn't seem useful. Especially not for the big war coming up (Whitewalkers and co. Vs South of the Wall) since Bran and Bloodraven + Ajorah Hai (Jorah + Azor Ahai) will deal with that. House Forrester can't be saved or helped by it. I don't know what Gregor was trying to do with it, if anything.

He probably thought "Oh shit! I'm gonna die and my bastards are still at the grove, better reveal it now. Har har, now I don't have to be ridiculed by Ellisa."

• The North Grove does serve a purpose though. Twist for Game of Thrones telltale season 3 :D

Well I think it's safe to say anyone who stayed in the North Grove won't be helping the Forresters. The North Grove serves some other purpose and we'll likely only discover this purpose if we stayed to learn more.

• edited November 2015

They've barely begun tapping into it's power. Elsera strongly believes there's something there that will keep them safe from Winter.

They're being attacked now because they haven't understood the Grove's true power yet.

Lord Gregor has obviously been up North quite a few times, and has explored it vastly if he managed to find something like the North Grove. He knows of the threat of winter. He believes in it, and he also seems to know that the North Grove is important somehow for the real war that is to come.

Some people believe he meant for Gared to go bring the twins back, but he wouldn't have risked his twin children's lives to begin with by taking and leaving them at a place so far and dangerous like the North Grove in the first place,if there wasn't a very special reason for it. Their being there is NOT merely because he wanted to hide them from the rest of the family. He trusted his flesh and blood to protect the North Grove because it holds some hidden meaning.

The very act of leaving them there tells us that Lord Gregor felt that the North Grove was something so essential that he was willing to put two of his children's lives at risk for the purpose of protecting it. So it doesn't make sense that he'd suddenly want them to abandon the Grove despite all his efforts not to lose it.

Winter is coming. It is the real threat. Gregor believed it, Jon Snow believed it, question is, why don't you?

• edited November 2015

The North Grove would likely fall to the next pack of wights, let alone a horde of white walkers.

By connecting gared with his kingdom, at least there is a chance that BOTH the north Grove AND house forester could survive.

Separately, they're both hopeless. Together, they might defeat the Whitehills and then retake the north Grove with some help.

Also, what could happen to the north Grove? Wights move in? Maybe white walkers' presence, chills the area down so much that the trees start dying.....

• I definitely think that there's more too it than meets the eye. I feel like it's going to be a huge thing in season 2 as well (Whether you chose to stay or leave).

• Gared's plot line looks like he will get absorbed into Mance's army. They lose. At Castle Black he'll either be executed or join Stannis' army. Gared like all the pov characters in s2 are gonna die by the finale. Looks like Grove was just a way to introduce us to the bastards

Sign in to comment in this discussion.