In what order did you play The Borderlands series?

For me I played it in this order.
Tales From the Borderlands: Episode 1-Episode 2-Episode 3-Episode 4-TPS-BL2-Episode 5-BL1

I did not finish the main games yet, but I'm playing them at the same time. Borderlands 1 is surprisingly fun.

Comments

• edited November 2015

For me, I played them in that order:

Tales From the Borderlands (whole season) ---> Borderlands 2.

Soon, I may actually get Borderlands 1 but I'm not sure about The Pre-Sequel. I may not get it at all. :P

• edited November 2015

Borderlands 2 --> The Pre-Sequel --> Tales from the Borderlands. Heard that Borderlands 1 is meh, so I didn't bother with it.

Fun fact: I started playing Borderlands, because TftB got announced and I figured it'd be a good idea to get to know the universe first, since I knew I'd end up playing TftB anyway. Not regretting it a bit, it's a great game.

• edited November 2015

Tales > Borderlands 2 > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel > Borderlands 1

I know it's a weird ass order

Heres the specific order:

• TFTBL ep 1
    • Borderlands 2
    • TFTBL ep 2 and 3
    • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    • Borderlands 1
    • TFTBL ep 4 and 5
  • edited November 2015

No "@OfficialSheriffMaybe is gonna buy it for me when Borderlands 1 is at its lowest price"?

okey dokey

enter image description here

Wolfenus54 posted: »

For me, I played them in that order: Tales From the Borderlands (whole season) ---> Borderlands 2. Soon, I may actually get Borderlands 1 but I'm not sure about The Pre-Sequel. I may not get it at all. :P

• LMAO...

Jfc Sheriff...

No "@OfficialSheriffMaybe is gonna buy it for me when Borderlands 1 is at its lowest price"? okey dokey

• Borderlands 1
    • got bored before ending borderlands 1
    • borderlands 2
    • finished borderlands 1
    • tales from the borderlands
    • The Presequel right now
  • Tales from the Borderlands > ...Bor--enter image description here

• The Perfect Order that suppose to be played.

BL1 (right after it came out for 1 month and hated it) -> BL2 -> BL-TPS -> Tales From The Borderlands.

Finish all DLC and Main game, exclude bl 1 dlcs.

• Borderlands 2.

Tales From The Borderlands ep 1 & 2.

Borderlands The Presequel.

Tales From The Borderlands Ep 3, 4, & 5.

• 1, 2, Pre, Tales.

1. Episode 1
    2. Episode 2
    3. Borderlands 2
    4. Episode 3
    5. Borderlands The Pre Sequel
    6. Borderlands
    7. Episode 4
    8. Episode 5
  • I also heard Borderlands 1 is meh. I initially avoided it, but after playing a little of 2 and reading the comics, I actually found that I enjoyed the original four characters. I bought the GOTY edition, and found that Borderlands was an underrated gem. Is it better than BL2, no but i's really good. I actually stopped playing 2 to finish 1.

Pipas posted: »

Borderlands 2 --> The Pre-Sequel --> Tales from the Borderlands. Heard that Borderlands 1 is meh, so I didn't bother with it. Fun f

• Borderlands 2, Tales ep 1 - 2, got me back into Borderlands 2, Pre Sequel, Tales 3-5

I still want to try out Borderlands 1 at some point

• BL1 isn't all that great. Frankly the DLC's were better than the actual game, so if you do ever play it, play it for them.

Poogers555 posted: »

Borderlands 2, Tales ep 1 - 2, got me back into Borderlands 2, Pre Sequel, Tales 3-5 I still want to try out Borderlands 1 at some point

• edited November 2015

It's not underrated, it was ground breaking when it first came out. I loved it to death. But it's much shorter than BL2, and it is more obvious that you have to grind. The only bad aspect is the ending of the main game. So I guess right now, people are under valuing when comparing it to the newer Borderlands games.

Having fun replaying it and 2 with people from this forum :D

Also, in order of their release is how I played em (BL, BL2, TPS, TFTBL)

I knew and loved Borderlands's Universe and I knew it would work great in Telltale's style of gameplay.

swoopysalvo posted: »

I also heard Borderlands 1 is meh. I initially avoided it, but after playing a little of 2 and reading the comics, I actually found that I e

• edited November 2015

I was opposite, I knew TTG was good, but Tales was the first recent game of theirs I've tried (Sam and Max) because I knew Borderlands was amazing and would work so well in their format

Pipas posted: »

Borderlands 2 --> The Pre-Sequel --> Tales from the Borderlands. Heard that Borderlands 1 is meh, so I didn't bother with it. Fun f

• edited November 2015

Tales does a good job in introducing newcomers to Borderlands. I know I would probably have never gotten The Handsome Collection had I not played and fallen in love with Tales.

I was opposite, I knew TTG was good, but Tales was the first recent game of theirs I've tried (Sam and Max) because I knew Borderlands was amazing and would work so well in their format

• edited November 2015

Tales Ep.1---->Ep.2---->Ep.3---->Ep.4--->BL2---->Ep.5 I haven't finished BL2's main story yet but once I do I'm planning to start and finish the Pre-Sequel. Not sure about BL1 though, I feel I might find it really boring.

• TFTBL Ep1 > Ep2 > Ep3 > Borderlands 2 > Ep4 > Borderlands: TPS > Ep5.

• I'm always surprised how green some people are to the universe, like I'm playing through the first game with someone and they're completely oblivious to who Angel is!!!!! (which is bittersweet but at the same time makes me giddy for when they find out in BL2)

J-Master posted: »

Tales does a good job in introducing newcomers to Borderlands. I know I would probably have never gotten The Handsome Collection had I not played and fallen in love with Tales.

• bl1(didnt play the dlc ones) bl2GOTY tps tftbl ep1-5

• Borderlands 2 TftB Ep1 PreSequel Borderlands1

• Play BL1 its good

TFTBL Ep1 > Ep2 > Ep3 > Borderlands 2 > Ep4 > Borderlands: TPS > Ep5.

• I enjoyed BL1 actually a lot. BL2 is better though

BL1 isn't all that great. Frankly the DLC's were better than the actual game, so if you do ever play it, play it for them.

• edited November 2015

I'm play them right now :)

Tales from the Borderlands

Borderlands 1

[I am here... Transition between 1 & 2 :D]

Borderlands 2

Borderlands Pre-Sequel

Tales from the Borderlands (going to replay it)

• edited November 2015

Tales Ep1-4

The Pre-Sequel

Borderlands 2

Tales Ep5

Borderlands (still have yet to finish this one)

• BL2, TPS, BL1 then Tales. It was totally messed but I get the whole story :)

• BL1, Tales, BL2, BLPS,

• I plan on it.

Roymiller33 posted: »

Play BL1 its good

• BL1, Tales, and then BL2 and TPS simultaneously with different groups of people.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Before playing Tales from the Borderlands i only played a little bit of Borderlands 1 about 3 years before playing Tales so my order goes

Borderlands 1(unfinished)>Tales from the Borderlands.

• BL 2, BL 1, The Pre-Sequel, Tales 1-5 then BL 2 again. I tried to play BL 1 when it first came out but i couldn't get into it... It still a great game i just prefer 2.

• edited November 2015

Seems like most people played either #2 or Tales first.
    Personally got Borderlands 1 when it came out in 2009, Bl2 in 2012, presequel last year and then Tales in order.

• I played the series as they were released.

• Played BL1 in 2011 I believe, then BL2, Tales (Episode 1), Pre-sequel.

• bl1

• bl2

• bl1 + dlc

• tftb

• bl2 + dlc

• Tales 1-3

Borderlands

Borderlands: The Presequel

Borderlands 2

Tales 4 and 5

If you're wondering, I bought the presequel and 2 in a bundle on Steam. My best friend was in another state at the time, and he wanted us to play it together, but he doesn't have a Steam, only a console. So he told me to play the presequel first so I'd know Jack's backstory, then we played 2 when he got back as Krieg and Maya.

• Your order makes me a bit nervous since TPS was kind of jammed in as an after thought into the continuity.

Tales 1-3 Borderlands Borderlands: The Presequel Borderlands 2 Tales 4 and 5 If you're wondering, I bought the presequel and

• Borderlands, Borderlands 2, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Tales from the Borderlands ...

The only thing that made 2 any good for me was Handsome Jack, Lilith, and Roland. And Tiny Tina. And the music.
    The Pre-Sequel was very lackluster ...

Tales is what reinvigorated Borderlands for me.

• TftB > BL1 > BL2 >TPS

Sign in to comment in this discussion.