"The North Grove must never be lost."

One of the most recurring statements in the whole season. But holds much importance.
In my opinion, the North Grove can...
Okay, this sounds stupid but...
It can resurrect Forresters.
The North Grove obviously holds great power that will turn the tables of the war. And if it was to simply kill the Whitehills, that would be too bland and predictive. but of course, if it had the ability to do so, it must only be one forrester or it must have a great price. Maybe another currently alive forrester.
I don't really see a reason why this is impossible except that the body of the dead Forrester must be present in the ressurection. Since, Ethan and Gregor's bodies were already burnt, Mira was beheaded (not for all) and it's located far far away, Rodrick/Asher and Elissa's body were probably burnt during the fall of Ironrath.
The sense/thought of a ressurection is obviously too much. You could say it's OP. But after everything that's happened, I can't see why not. It would totally give us the satisfaction from their deaths (Hey, Jon Snow was brought back alive!).
One resurrected Forrester can grant the Forresters a totally big advantage without making their comeback too easy that it's surreal.

What do you think?
"The North Grove must never be lost!

Comments

• edited November 2015

How did people get to the conclusion that the North Grove can resurrect the dead ?

For some reason a lot of people believe that

Lord Forrester said it must never be lost because important to fight the white walkers and prepare for the real war in the North

• edited November 2015

I wont say anything about North Grove because I cant but I have to correct small fact in your statement. Rodrik/Asher were not present at Ironrath and their fates are unknown and also Ironrath pretty much stands, it didnt burn down. Seriously am I the only one who reads Codex.

• Yeah exactly, Asher/Rodrik got out of Ironrath and still alive ( for now )

I wont say anything about North Grove because I cant but I have to correct small fact in your statement. Rodrik/Asher were not present at Ir

• Im in favor of theory that North Grove is some kind of vault against WhiteWalkers. It has enought magic on its own, so white walkers will go somewhere will less resistance. Which is good, since no matter how bad things go in Ironrach, there will always be some foresters in the north. And when time comes, they will lead mind controled wildlings (it is a bit dark side when you think of it) to kill pretenders.

• I've always thought the North Grove is more relevant to the Long Night than the Forresters. But ultimately it won't do much to interfere with canon.

• Yes but that would require a full cooperation with GRRM.

evilcat posted: »

Im in favor of theory that North Grove is some kind of vault against WhiteWalkers. It has enought magic on its own, so white walkers will go

• By I mean Rodrik/Asher, I meant the one who died. For example, in my plauthrough, i chose asher as the one who lived so it was rodrik's body that was delivered by ludd in Ironrath. I stated that since, as I've said in my post, to ressurect a Forrester, their body must be required. And since Ironrath was practically invaded, the dead delivered body was probably in Ironrath. Maybe disposed or burned. So if ever my theory is true, we can't have Rodrik and Asher at the same time. And, dude, I know Ironrath can't really be burnt down becuase of the ironwood wood buildings. But anything else aside the wood would actually be burnt, or if it's a living being, killed by the Whitehills.

I wont say anything about North Grove because I cant but I have to correct small fact in your statement. Rodrik/Asher were not present at Ir

• Still, if you choose Rodrik then Asher´s body is not present at Ironrath.

Drei14 posted: »

By I mean Rodrik/Asher, I meant the one who died. For example, in my plauthrough, i chose asher as the one who lived so it was rodrik's body

• The last episode seemed to hint that the North Grove was more linked to defeating the White Walkers than the struggles of House Forrester south of the wall. It seems like Gregor's last words weren't about saving the House, but about fulfilling some ancient duty entrusted to it. I think Gared's going to end up getting dragged into the conflict north of the wall (which ultimately is the greatest threat) and it will be up to the Forresters south of the wall to save the house.

• I see your point. But it would be a total bummer if it won't give the Forresters an advantage in the war. And also, of all the things that Gregor could say in his last breath, he would say something that concerns the white walkers and not about the war? Considering that he's about to die because of this war. One more thing, if ttg would add more trouble in season 2 (the north conflict you said), the game would probably turn messy. We already have the Whitehills. Plus another threat? Talk about overkill if you ask me.

Scaeva posted: »

The last episode seemed to hint that the North Grove was more linked to defeating the White Walkers than the struggles of House Forrester so

• Oh. Didn't know that. Where his body at?

Still, if you choose Rodrik then Asher´s body is not present at Ironrath.

• Who knows, probably Whitehills have it.

Oh. Didn't know that. Where his body at?

• Oh, lol. I saved Asher, and Rodrik's corpse was delivered to Ironrath. I thought the dead bro's body would be delivered to Ironrath in either playthrough. Well, for sure, he's dead.

Who knows, probably Whitehills have it.

• A safe place from the white walkers WILL benefit the Forresters

The war against the Whitehills/Boltons doesn't really matter if the white walkers invade Westros and destroy it all

The real war lies in the North , against the white walkers

I see your point. But it would be a total bummer if it won't give the Forresters an advantage in the war. And also, of all the things that

• If you saved Rodrik instead, Asher's head on a stick will be the only thing you get and it's implied that his body was fed to the dogs so I don't think he'll be able to be reserrected.

Oh, lol. I saved Asher, and Rodrik's corpse was delivered to Ironrath. I thought the dead bro's body would be delivered to Ironrath in either playthrough. Well, for sure, he's dead.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.