Keep or throw the knife (Episode 6)

Does anything change in this episode based on whether you hid or kept the knife? also, it seems quite illogical that Mira is sentenced to death without any evidences or witnesses whatsoever. She's arrested solely on the basis of rumors, which leads to the next point - why doesn't she have a trial? She's a highborn lady of the North, heir to a noble House, and she's convicted and sentenced without trial? And cersei isn't even there?

Comments

• I threw the knife away and burned the letter. She was beheaded. And yes, she deserved a trial for being a noble - that is one of the many plot holes in the game.

• Honestly I don't think a trial would have mattered

We will probably face a trial by combat and lose because Mira doesn't have anyone to fight for her lol

• She deserved a better written story. When she kept the knife I assumed that meant she would clean it and get rid of it in a much safer manner then tossing it the bushes fleeing the scene.

Of course telltale logic is that if you kept the knife that meant forever. Beyond stupid.

I threw the knife away and burned the letter. She was beheaded. And yes, she deserved a trial for being a noble - that is one of the many plot holes in the game.

• edited December 2015

Or just a normal trial lol.

We're being accused by a merchant lord, sure he has friends. But powerful friends? No. We had friends, Sera could be witness, Margaery didn't like me but probably wouldn't want me to DIE, we helped Cersei she would still want info on Marge so there's a motive, someone wanted us alive or there would be no Tom, so there's them AND Tom.

Who are Morgyrn's friends lol? Lannister guards? I can see them creating a very valid case.

HelloMyLord posted: »

Honestly I don't think a trial would have mattered We will probably face a trial by combat and lose because Mira doesn't have anyone to fight for her lol

• I threw it, they don't have any finger reading technology, hell they wouldn't even know where he was killed.

She deserved a better written story. When she kept the knife I assumed that meant she would clean it and get rid of it in a much safer manne

• I kept the knife because I figured she could use it somehow. There should have been some positive outcome to keeping it.

• edited December 2015

It's Game of Thrones universe.

Hierarchy has a lot of power there. When someone from much higher position wants to kill someone in the lower one, such thing as a "fair trial" doesn't matter to them.

Just like that coal boy, if someone from high position wants to use his life as a pawn to trade places with Mira when it comes to execution, nobody will ask questions.

• Also she's a Forrester so she has terrible luck.

HelloMyLord posted: »

Honestly I don't think a trial would have mattered We will probably face a trial by combat and lose because Mira doesn't have anyone to fight for her lol

• I'll be honest I figured we may have to put the blame of the murder on Dirty Tom, but I didn't think the only way it would happen is if we agreed to do whatever Morgyn wanted.

• But without the knife and the body they wouldn't even know he was killed. He would just be missing or assumed deserted. Even if they at some point suspected foul play without the knife or body it makes it a heck of alot harder to narrow it to when and where. Throwing it in the bushes cooks her goose because if it's found they have her as the last known person to see him alive (compared to missing) and the meeting to have taken a short ways away from where the bloody knife was found days later

Pretty hard to wiggle out of that one. Now I was fine with being screwed over some way even making the correct decision. I just expected the twist to make sense not "why didn't you dispose of the knife you should have done so ages ago". Mira "Umm I needed to get caught somehow so cannon could progress".

PigeonPie posted: »

I threw it, they don't have any finger reading technology, hell they wouldn't even know where he was killed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.