Wasnt Jon Snow still a steward during the events of the game?

Yet he seemed like he was higher up in the command? giving Frostfinger orders and stuff, I am confuse.......

Comments

• No however most of the watch thought he was a wildling . Still the brothers are equall bar the Lord commandor and they don't have one right now

• He was steward for the Lord Commander, learning how to lead. However, I think you're wrong. Jon never gave Frostfinger an order. He tried to help Gared in Episode 4 and he was powerless to do so.

• I thought I once heard him say something to the effect of ' Frost finger, get me ( so and so ) '

I may be wrong tho.

AgentZ46 posted: »

He was steward for the Lord Commander, learning how to lead. However, I think you're wrong. Jon never gave Frostfinger an order. He tried to help Gared in Episode 4 and he was powerless to do so.

• Well there are times where he says "I need a word" and "I need a man atop the wall". But I think that was more "I need this, can you do it for me?" and Frostfinger agreed to help him out. I mean Frostfinger didn't have to, he could've gone Alisser Thorne style and said "Bla bla bla, bastard!"

I thought I once heard him say something to the effect of ' Frost finger, get me ( so and so ) ' I may be wrong tho.

• wildling bitch! lol

Well there are times where he says "I need a word" and "I need a man atop the wall". But I think that was more "I need this, can you do it f

• I thought he was a ranger. Him and a group of watchmen go out to hunt down Karl Tanner and his cronies during Episode 4.

• Wasn't that Jon saying we need to do this, and Alisser agreed but he could only take volunteers with him?

Clemenem posted: »

I thought he was a ranger. Him and a group of watchmen go out to hunt down Karl Tanner and his cronies during Episode 4.

• And I think Alisser only agreed because he and Slynt hoped that Jon will get killed.

Wasn't that Jon saying we need to do this, and Alisser agreed but he could only take volunteers with him?

• Lord Commander Mormont was dead by then so he wasnt anyone's steward at that point. Ugh, just thinking about the Nights Watch makes me furious all over again.

• I hate the goddamned Night's Watch. Only members I could abide were Jon and Sam. I was a dick to everybody at the Wall.

KCohere posted: »

Lord Commander Mormont was dead by then so he wasnt anyone's steward at that point. Ugh, just thinking about the Nights Watch makes me furious all over again.

• How can commander be dead if he was part of the group that kills John snow ?

KCohere posted: »

Lord Commander Mormont was dead by then so he wasnt anyone's steward at that point. Ugh, just thinking about the Nights Watch makes me furious all over again.

• Jon Snow was the new Lord Commander at the time of his death.

How can commander be dead if he was part of the group that kills John snow ?

• Also I'd appreciate it if you put a spoiler tag on your comment for show fans.

How can commander be dead if he was part of the group that kills John snow ?

• edited December 2015

[removed]

Also I'd appreciate it if you put a spoiler tag on your comment for show fans.

• I hope they all die. All except Edd.

I hate the goddamned Night's Watch. Only members I could abide were Jon and Sam. I was a dick to everybody at the Wall.

• who the HELL was frost finger, is really the question. why couldnt they just use that dickhead thorne??

FUCK THE NIGHTS WATCH! FUCK YOU OLLY!!

• He wasn't a ranger ever - always a steward (until he became Lord Commander). He just organized the mission to Kraster's to hunt down Tanner & Co. because he wanted to get revenge and as AgentZ said Alisser allowed him to go on this mission only with people who volunteered to go & that it wasn't an official Nights Watch mission.

Clemenem posted: »

I thought he was a ranger. Him and a group of watchmen go out to hunt down Karl Tanner and his cronies during Episode 4.

• Why? So as not to spoil Lord Commander Jeor Mormont's death at the hands of fellow watchmen at Craster's keep which led to a succession crises resulting in Jon Snow becoming Lord Commander after Mance Rayder is killed by Stannis Baratheon after he saved the Watch from Mance's army after which Jon Snow beheads Janos Slynt and leads an expedition to aid wildings which is ambushed by an army of Whitewalkers and ultimately leads to Jon Snow being stabbed to death?

If they haven't watched it by this point then they're never going to.

Darth Vader is Luke's father, Bruce Willis was dead the whole time, "Rose Bud" is the name of the sled, Ned Stark dies, Frodo successfully destroys the ring, and Dumbledore dies.

Also I'd appreciate it if you put a spoiler tag on your comment for show fans.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.