Telltale should have chosen another DC Title

2»

Comments

• What he means is that DC titles are mostly batman,why couldn't have they chosen another title that might have more to offer story wise.

Kenny4ever posted: »

Batman is the best that dc has to offer. why would they choose anything else

• I agree that much of his potential has yet to be realised, even after all these years- especially in the games department.

Sorry but whatever anyone says, superman is boring as hell. He IS op, and the kryptonite thing is just so stupid.

• maybe lay off the insults then

That's pretty much what a forum is, if you can't debate then stop calling me a dumbass.

• I like Batman a lot.

But since I believe there is a Flash show and Green Arrow show as well, I think I'd pick... (Insert Dramatic Music Here) I guess the Green Lantern, but instead of a Green Lantern, a White Lantern.

Though, I still want this Batman game.

• To be honest i agree. batman just got a HUGE game from rocksteady and there is a film also that will be released in 2016.. its just.. TOO MUCH. so many interesting things to do, so may unique IP's, yet its batman. really? not a hater, i'm just honest. if i wanted batman i would play the rocksteady game not a telltale batman :)

• edited December 2015

at least superman does not have a huge game developed by rocksteady thats been released in JUNE. there is a difference, yes BOTH batman and superman are overused, BUT we can all agree that batman is the gaming industry GO-TO, or at least it get the best adaptation in games. rocksteady did an amazing job with it. but as games go, i dont think i have a superman game thats THAT good. i really dont think so.

Uhm cupcake are you alright? You dont want Batman game becuase Batman is overused and then you write Superman as alternative? Superman is as overused as Batman.

• Batmans my second favourite DC hero but I think its too soon after rocksteadys games maybe they could of put it off for a while

• I'm excited for this game too, but there is something to be said about this being an ideal means of doing a solid Superman game, or a Justice League game. But we don't know if TT are planning on doing multiple games around both DC and Marvel properties in the future, so you never know.

• Oh god here we go again ....... You cant compare Arkham series that is all about punching things and stuff with Telltale´s story driven games.

Mercyva posted: »

at least superman does not have a huge game developed by rocksteady thats been released in JUNE. there is a difference, yes BOTH batman and

• they should of gone with a Superman game

• Woulda preferred a Flash game

Is Aquaman with DC or Marvel... Cause Aquaman woulda been a cool superhero to write a narrative about

• edited December 2015

You had me up until Superman I hate Superman out of all of DC's characters batman is probably the best but Iagree Batman is a bit oversaturated these days the Arkham games non stop movies ect. but Telltale presented a noir type of style with the WAU and I think that aesthetic will work great for Batman. My biggest concern is the prospect of choice not mattering as much as Batman is hardly presented in a gray area morally. My biggest hope is that we get to see more of the Bruce Wayne side and have to balance those 2 identities, many of the games and films only briefly delve into that side of him that exists outside of the batman persona. Side Note:I hope they do X Men for Marvel

• I agree with a lot of these points, but TellTale knows that if they want a game to sell they'd have to either do Batman or Superman. People like Zatana or Constantine aren't well known outside of DC super nerds such as myself, and Superman is often portrayed as always being morally good and just whereas Batman is a bit more ambiguous. I think it's a great idea, but that may be a it biased as Batman is my favorite superhero.

• I still think Telltale should have made a game based in the CW's Arrowverse. We could have gotten cameos from Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin, not to mention Cisco Ramone.

• I'd actually be down with this. Loving The Flash so far.

Harian96 posted: »

I still think Telltale should have made a game based in the CW's Arrowverse. We could have gotten cameos from Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin, not to mention Cisco Ramone.

• I would like to have a DC Telltale Game with Plasticman,Green Lantern Kyle Rayner,or Dial H For Hero

• Every time telltale does something besides TWD... Can you guys just for one game appreciate the fact that they still announce their games, knowing there'll be hate at first?

• Naw

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Every time telltale does something besides TWD... Can you guys just for one game appreciate the fact that they still announce their games, knowing there'll be hate at first?

• Whatever. Just because they're making a Batman game doesn't mean they can't make another DC title.

To be honest, they could make it about any character. The quality of the game itself is what matters. They could make a masterpiece out of a Booster Gold game or a stinker out of Superman, it all has to do with the writing, gameplay, etc. So their choice of character is practically irrelevant. The fact that Batman is widespread, also doesn't really matter. The fact there are the Arkham games doesn't matter, either. There's so many stories and so much you could do with Batman.

• I'm excited for this Batman game! But I could imagine a Watchmen one. But Telltale knows what they do, trust 'em!

• I think that the TTG should be better draws the animation for the characters as the main and secondary.I want to see Batman something that I have not seen in other games

• edited December 2015

Aquaman is DC. Prince Namor (Submariner) is Marvel. I'd honestly would like to know a non-Justice League member or if in the Batman universe, explore The inmates of Arkham Asylum (or Blackgate Pen) but I doubt that equates to profits for TTG.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Woulda preferred a Flash game Is Aquaman with DC or Marvel... Cause Aquaman woulda been a cool superhero to write a narrative about

• edited December 2015

If people actually read some of his great storylines (Ex: Birthright, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, Last Son, Brainiac, Red Son, Earth One, Kingdom Come, etc) and stopped throwing around the "OP and boring" thing then they could see just how wrong that stereotype is. But no, instead they stay ignorant

So yeah, I just saw this and had to come out of lurking to tell you how stupid you're being. And seriously? "whatever anyone says!!1!1!1!1". Forgot how arrogant people are on these forums.

So yeah, I'm gonna go back to being dead since clearly people haven't stopped being idiots on here. Reply to my comment with whatever bullshit reasons you have for hating Superman, flag my comment, do whatever the hell you want. Doesn't change the fact you and any other person on the Internet that seem to hate Superman are just being absolute fucking ignorant idiots.

Sorry but whatever anyone says, superman is boring as hell. He IS op, and the kryptonite thing is just so stupid.

• Hey nice to see you again!... annnnnnddd he's gone.

If people actually read some of his great storylines (Ex: Birthright, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, Last Son, Brainiac, Red Son, Earth One, King

• I don't read comics.

If people actually read some of his great storylines (Ex: Birthright, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, Last Son, Brainiac, Red Son, Earth One, King

• Lay off the salt...

• this

Harian96 posted: »

I still think Telltale should have made a game based in the CW's Arrowverse. We could have gotten cameos from Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin, not to mention Cisco Ramone.

• Wonder Woman would be awesome or Flash

• You forgot one of the most important points: Batman would sell the best.

Flash or whoever aren't going to sell as much as Batman.

• horrible choice of actor

Sign in to comment in this discussion.