Omg did Athena just die!!! How do I save her! Ep:3 Help!

She got hit by a rocket launcher because I was too slow with the shield, How can I save her?!?!? Please tell me she doesn't die because I hate death scenes that kill off my favorite characters!

Comments

• That scene isn't dependent on player choices, it's a tie in with the Pre-Sequel. (Athena's narrative to her captor becomes the framing device, similar to Fiona in this game)

• She's not dead, she was just captured by Brick and Mordecai and they're taking her to Lilith. Which is where the Pre- Sequel begins.

• Oh, so she is not going to be in Tales anymore? I thought she and Fiona we're really good...friends :) Is Fiona in the Pre-Sequel?

• edited December 2015

Fiona so far is only in Tales. Athena will be showing up again in episode 5.

ExoGeniVI posted: »

Oh, so she is not going to be in Tales anymore? I thought she and Fiona we're really good...friends Is Fiona in the Pre-Sequel?

• Yeah, I like Athena mentoring Fiona kind of like a Dr. Cox to JD relationship.

Fiona was created for Tales and seeing as how it's the newest game in the Borderlands franchise, no. Hopefully she'll show up in future games though.

Athena, on the other hand, has been around since the first Borderlands, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, where they give a bit more glimpse into what Atlas is (you already have a decent idea if you play through the main story), and why she hates it.

enter image description here

Oh, so she is not going to be in Tales anymore? I thought she and Fiona we're really good...friends Is Fiona in the Pre-Sequel?

• I'm not Lesbian lol... but I think Athena&Fiona would've been perfect together and with Athena digging around another vault I don't think her girlfriend would have been too pleased lol :)
    (This is the only Borderlands I've played so please forgive me if I sound ignorant lol :) )

• Yeah and her story doesn't at all match with the trainwreck of continuity TPS created. LOL, she should be up on Sanctuary. And you know who too

• Athena is heavily shipped with Janey, and there are some dependent scenes in Tales that confirm this as canon, but hey, to each their own.

You are not alone in being new to the franchise, I've accidentally spoiled certain things in the other games a couple times cause I just assumed people were Borderlands fans here. So I'm trying to not give stuff away too much.

But you should really try the other games, in order of course.

I'm not Lesbian lol... but I think Athena&Fiona would've been perfect together and with Athena digging around another vault I don't thi

• Yeah...it's hard to say how you get from the end of TPS to Athena running a grill.

Yeah and her story doesn't at all match with the trainwreck of continuity TPS created. LOL, she should be up on Sanctuary. And you know who too

• Well, where she location wise, occupation, purpose, and pretty much everything except being with her girlfriend is wrong. But I guess, you can't spoil what's to come in BL3.......

Linnet posted: »

Yeah...it's hard to say how you get from the end of TPS to Athena running a grill.

• I was thinking more along the lines that BL3 would start during episode 4...if it starts where TPS left off.

Well, where she location wise, occupation, purpose, and pretty much everything except being with her girlfriend is wrong. But I guess, you can't spoil what's to come in BL3.......

• edited December 2015

I have my own hopes that I'm proud to say I've thought out pretty well that I'm going to spam in email to Gearbox as my form of pitching them. I've shared a couple of them to this forum.

But if they tie in Tales directly to the start of BL3, maybe some Vault Hunters were present on the "crashy crashy big fire and death from the sky" and we just didn't know it as Rhys and Fiona.......

I was thinking more along the lines that BL3 would start during episode 4...if it starts where TPS left off.

• lol that title and she isn't dead so no worries.

• I think they are cannon as of TPS. Tina derails the interrogation at one point, because she cares less about Jack and more about Janey. Tales just changed it from 'seeing each other' to 'engaged'

Athena is heavily shipped with Janey, and there are some dependent scenes in Tales that confirm this as canon, but hey, to each their own.

• edited December 2015

I was trying to be vague so as too not give to much away.......

I think they are cannon as of TPS. Tina derails the interrogation at one point, because she cares less about Jack and more about Janey. Tales just changed it from 'seeing each other' to 'engaged'

• She ain't dead. She's just been taken for questioning.

• Oh, sorry. I figured their relationship isn't really ambiguous as of ep3, and saying Tina derailed anything is hardly a spoiler :P

I was trying to be vague so as too not give to much away.......

• So what game is Athena rescued from then? After she got...taken away.

• athena is kill

• She's just unconscious.

• Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

So what game is Athena rescued from then? After she got...taken away.

• edited December 2015

So what game is Athena rescued from then? After she got...taken away.

• Damn Lilith always looking fine as hell

The Pre-Sequel

• Especially when she wants to kill her former sidekick.

Damn Lilith always looking fine as hell

• I get why you're confused. You probably haven't played the normal Borderlands yet.

Not all Rocket Launchers kill you in one hit in Borderlands.

• Yup, I've only played Tales

I get why you're confused. You probably haven't played the normal Borderlands yet. Not all Rocket Launchers kill you in one hit in Borderlands.

• My big takeaway from this vid was that they wanted you to know in the first five minutes that Athena was the kind of closet softie to hug a scared CL4P-TP.

Damn Lilith always looking fine as hell

• Your new Piper profile pic arouses me

lol that title and she isn't dead so no worries.

• If you want to play original borderlands, start with number 2. Its the most fun one and the best for beginners

Yup, I've only played Tales

• remember her original intro in borderlands 1 dlc, she's changed a bit

enter image description here

Duck_Hunt posted: »

If you want to play original borderlands, start with number 2. Its the most fun one and the best for beginners

• enter image description here

remember her original intro in borderlands 1 dlc, she's changed a bit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.