what do you think will happen to gared in season 2

Gared is wanted by the night watch for breaking his vows and has now become friends with widlings and the freefolks is who are enemies of the night watch.From my own point of view I think gared will die in season 2 just like jon snow in Got movie and remember frostfinger told him the night watch will be your death when it comes try to make it quick

Comments

• I thought he'd be executed as a deserter as well, but he's such a big an epic character now, so I feel like he should have a better death than that.

• Survive forever.

I'm not in denial that he could die, nope.

But I think the North Grove will be a large part of it. With my choice, I can only hope the Night's Watch will never find him. By this point in the show, they have MUCH bigger things to worry about than one person who left Castle Black.

• They've wrote themselves into a corner with Gared's fate .

If he doesn't get killed by the Night's Watch, it ruins all the foreshadowing they've built up, plus goes against the in-universe reality of: The Night's Watch always find and execute their deserters.

But then again, if he does get killed by the Night's Watch, it will be very disappointing, unsatisfying and predictable. It's a lose-lose.

But personally I'd like to see him live for a while now. Gared was so awesome in Episode 1 in the Red Wedding and at Ironrath, he was really cool in Episode 2 and 3 at Castle Black as well, but then he did nothing for the rest of the game. (In terms of meaningful interactions and story)

I hope Season 2 can change that.

• enter image description here

A White Walker, carrying the severed head of Gared and several more White Walkers behind him.

• Well it is not that hard to imagine it, considering how long Bloodraven has lived up in the north.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Survive forever. I'm not in denial that he could die, nope. But I think the North Grove will be a large part of it. With my choice, I

• This is from Season 1 Episode 1. That was long time before Red Weding.

• Well he can stay live up at the North Grove. cough Bloodraven cough

IceFromIron posted: »

They've wrote themselves into a corner with Gared's fate . If he doesn't get killed by the Night's Watch, it ruins all the foreshadowing

• I have the feeling all guys who joined the NW will die beyond the Wall. I guess Gared will suffer the same fate, and he will die when trying save Elsera/Josera or Sylvi :D
    Sorry for my bad English !

• This does not mean it won't happen to gared. The person's head in that picture was from a man named gared.

This is from Season 1 Episode 1. That was long time before Red Weding.

• Gared is exonerated by Jon Snow, marries Elsera or some other character, is granted a lordship, goes north of the Wall to fight the Others or protect the North Grove, dies in battle. His wife remains with his born/unborn male heir to carry on the newly founded House Tuttle. It's not as crazy as it sounds.

• But Bloodraven has lived so long because he is half tree, and I doubt Gared will be doing that

Well it is not that hard to imagine it, considering how long Bloodraven has lived up in the north.

• Gared is an extremely common name in the North, though, and once again, that is from long before Gared even joined the Watch

This does not mean it won't happen to gared. The person's head in that picture was from a man named gared.

• edited December 2015

Bloodraven wasnt always half-tree and there is magic at the North Grove.

Jpork18 posted: »

But Bloodraven has lived so long because he is half tree, and I doubt Gared will be doing that

• edited December 2015

Depends how much of the watch is left after next season

since aliser is probably going to pinch jon's sword while he's dead and the wildlings probably wont take kindly to that, particularly since they sorely outnumber aliser's loyalists which didnt include edd friend-of-giants.

i imagine most of them will abscond with snows body and head south. leave the wall to its fate

• Yes, but what I said was I doubt Gared will be doing what Bloodraven did, and becoming a part of the Weirwoods, which is the only reason Bloodraven has lived such a long life, because Gared has demonstrated zero ability with magic so far, and thus it is very unlikely that he is some secret greenseer like Bloodraven

Bloodraven wasnt always half-tree and there is magic at the North Grove.

• I would like it if Gared marched south saved House Forrester then accepted his fate went to castle black to get executed

• then accepted his fate went to castle black to get executed

Uh what...?

enter image description here

(?) Gared will remember that

I would like it if Gared marched south saved House Forrester then accepted his fate went to castle black to get executed

• What?

I would like it if Gared marched south saved House Forrester then accepted his fate went to castle black to get executed

• Yeah like Jax in Sons of Anarchy he sorts everything out then drives into a truck

Kateis posted: »

then accepted his fate went to castle black to get executed Uh what...? (?) Gared will remember that

• The name of the Dead character is Gared

Jpork18 posted: »

Gared is an extremely common name in the North, though, and once again, that is from long before Gared even joined the Watch

• The Gared I was talking about was the one from the game though, because the first comment in this thread said that this would happen to Gared from the game because some random Night's Watch member who happened to be named Gared was killed by the Others in the first episode of season 1 of the show.

RAFAELAM96 posted: »

The name of the Dead character is Gared

• My Gared? He's running for the hills, he can go to the citadel and become maester for house Forrester for I care.

Saving a noble house would get you something right? At least protection from that house, House Forrester would totally hide Gared. Right?

I really need Gared to stay alive

Sign in to comment in this discussion.