When I get done with Tales from the Borderlands which Borderlands is the sequel to this game?

In order, story-wise

Comments

• Well we don't have one yet, it's probably going to be BL3.

• So when is The Pre? - Sequel? set in? I'm so confused right now lol

lottii-lu posted: »

Well we don't have one yet, it's probably going to be BL3.

• The story of the Pre-Sequel is before 2, but should be played after 2, as the framing narrative takes place after episode 3 of Tales (from what I understand).

ExoGeniVI posted: »

So when is The Pre? - Sequel? set in? I'm so confused right now lol

• The chronological order of Borderlands can be confusing to new comers, but I'll try to explain it as best I can:

Order in which the games were released: Borderlands 1 --> Borderlands 2 --> Borderlands The Pre Sequel --> Tales from the Borderlands

Story timeline of the games: BL1 + dlc --> flashback story of TPS --> BL2 + dlc --> present day portion of TPS and flashback story of Tales --> present day portion of Tales.

Borderlands 3 will be next, but I'd say that's still at least 2 years away from release.

• The pre sequel is set after ep 3.

• Basically, play Borderlands 1, then play Borderlands 2, play Tales episode 1-3, play The Pre-Sequel, and then finish tales.

• edited December 2015

Athena is telling the story at the same point as Episode 4 of Tales.

However, the story she is telling tales place before Borderlands 2.

If you are in it for a way to know more about what happened to Athena, the Presequel is the way to go. It also tells the story of Jack's first trip to Pandora as Helios is being built.

• Can't say this enough that you should play the games in order of release. However, people do complain the first game is slow and empty compared to the second and seeing as how the first doesn't have that strong of a story and lore, it's okay to skip it. But playing the first game does give you appreciation for things that happen in 2, TPS, and Tales. In truth, avoid TPS untill you've at least played through 2 and know you like the gameplay because TPS is 2 w/ low gravity, that's pretty much it gameplay wise and it's story kind of just jams itself into the continuity with not the most thought put into it (I am very vocal in saying that TPS is just made to milk die hards of the franchise through Handsome Jack's popularity).

So I'd say BL1 and BL2 can be played in either order, I'd recommend chronologically but that's not entirely necessary. And then TPS last of the 3.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.