So how will this work?

I LOVE the idea of a Batman game.
But, will we be playing as Batman? XD
How will the fighting look? How will it play out?
Is it still a point and click game?

Comments

• We don't know. My advice is just wait for a trailer

• Fighting is definitely not gonna be the main focus, I can tell you that with certainty.

• Nothing is known yet, but it's probably pretty certain that it will be at least close to Telltale's other games, and it's almost definitely going to be point and click, as every single one of their seasons has been a point and click game since they started releasing games back in 2005.

• Except their poker games haha. Those are great too though.

Jennifer posted: »

Nothing is known yet, but it's probably pretty certain that it will be at least close to Telltale's other games, and it's almost definitely

• edited December 2015

[removed]

Fighting is definitely not gonna be the main focus, I can tell you that with certainty.

• Have you played Wolf Among Us? I expect Batman to be pretty similar to Wolf in more ways than one, including tone, presentation, art style, types of choices, action scenes, etc.

Basically, if you've played any of the other modern Telltale games (and going by your profile, at least you've played Walking Dead), it will be very similar in terms of gameplay in that you make choices through action and player dialogue. However, like Wolf, there will likely be a combination of action scenes choreographed through quick time events as well as detective scenes where you try to figure out clues with dialogue options. If you've played Wolf or Tales from the Borderlands (or check some footage out on YouTube), you will probably see that Telltale can do some good action scenes when the story calls for it. You won't be in direct control of your character, but you will still be involved to an extent.

• I would die for another At the Inventory game.

Except their poker games haha. Those are great too though.

• Me too. I honestly didn't even know how to play poker when I started. When I ended, I was a poker legend. At least by digital standards haha.

I would die for another At the Inventory game.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

Haha, I was in the same boat as you. I never understood it, and once Poker Night 1 came out in like 2010, I played the game for hours and became pretty good. I think I actually ended up getting like 60 hours on Poker Night 1 on Steam, which is insane for such a small game.

Poker Night 2 had a difficulty spike compared to the first game, so it was fun trying to learn the ropes again once I got complacent from Poker Night 1.

With the humongous cast of characters Telltale could work with now, I wonder what Telltale could pull off for a Poker Night 3. Even long before the Marvel announcement, I thought Deadpool would be a cool character to have in Poker Night someday!

Me too. I honestly didn't even know how to play poker when I started. When I ended, I was a poker legend. At least by digital standards haha.

• Oh my god Deadpool would be amazing. I also think it would be cool if in Poker Night 3, there was a rotating cast of like 16 characters, so you got to have like a bunch of different cross-series conversations.

Haha, I was in the same boat as you. I never understood it, and once Poker Night 1 came out in like 2010, I played the game for hours and be

• Not playing as Batman in a Batman game is a failure of game design.

• Deathstroke would be amazing

• we would beat people up but let them go so they can fuck us up later.

• Ding

AronDracula posted: »

Not playing as Batman in a Batman game is a failure of game design.

• He/She didn't say anything even remotely aggressive. Seems to me you're picking a fight for no apparent reason.

• But wouldn't you be incapable of playing it if you died? :p

I would die for another At the Inventory game.

• edited December 2015

+100 SINS.

EDIT:Ops, I meant +.

Ding

• Similar to the Wolf AMong Us in that we are strong as fuck and a superhero.

WHAT I am lost on is that who the fuck is going to play Batman? I'm wondering if it's some sort of prequel to Batman V Superman and BEN AFFLECK will be voicing him. He's appearing in Suicide Squad and others as Batman in the DC Cinematic Universe.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.