Would anyone else want to play as the Joker and want the Joker in as a main character?

Yeah...the title says it all and Please don't Post things like "I hope The joker rapes robin so Batman kills him XD." or "The joker should be super gay and the only thing he does is wear tight undies!"

Comments

• Why would anyone post things like that?

• I'd prefer Red hood or Azrael TBH

• That would be awesome, Telltale's model would work much better for The Joker then Batman(still excited for the game though)

• Well, I didnt expect the content of this thread when I opened it. Uhh, but before my shock I was going to say that I think the Joker is overplayed and should have no part in the telltale series at all.

• wth is that OP

• No. Joker is way too popular and should take a break. But as a protagonist? Noo way.

• Joker won't have to do all the action scenes Batman will.

• Haven't been over there for a long while? Is it really that messed up?

• That's mighty unfortunate.

• Yes. I would love to you know actually be able to play as a bad guy for once in a telltale game. Thought TFBL would be that game, but nope.

• edited December 2015

Nuh-uh. I want my choices to have consequences and make me think about the effect it will have on the person/protagonist himself. If we play as the joker, we'd need to decide:

[strap bomb to hobo]
    or
    [burn down pet store]

• Well, if I was the Joker in that situation.. I'd had to strap the bomb to the hobo. Seems like Joker's thing. Plus I wouldn't do that to the animals.

AChicken posted: »

Nuh-uh. I want my choices to have consequences and make me think about the effect it will have on the person/protagonist himself. If we play as the joker, we'd need to decide: [strap bomb to hobo] or [burn down pet store]

• I think the Joker should be designed to act like he did in the game Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.
    Let me show you!

enter link description here

• No.

• No, only because DC has tried to make Joker the star of his own series multiple times and it fails miserably every time.

The problem is that the Joker has no goals, no dramatic throughline, he simply is and his only goal is to do things that amuse him for unclear reasons, mass murder and represent the concept of chaos.

I expect the meth-addled Suicide Squad Joker to fail for just that reason unless they make him the counterpoint to the rest of the sort-of-not-so-awful villains to make them look better. As I understand it, Joker was never used in the Suicide Squad series.

• IMO, Telltale should keep the Joker out of their first series altogether. Christopher Nolan had the right idea when he saved the Joker for his second movie; spend the first chapter building your own interpretation of Batman's world, then bring in its greatest villain for the follow-up.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.