Telltale should use the GoT elements on this franchise instead

I like the idea of playing minor roles in the Batman franchise so we get to see him from another perspective.Such as we get to play as some GCPD detective and investigating together with Batman or rescued by him.Maybe we could also play as some supervillain's henchman so we could experience his tricks & terrors first hand or get to interact with the dickish villains.What do you think of other role that makes interaction with him more interesting? Maybe a reporter trying to discover Bruce Wayne's secret?

Comments

• How about... Bruce Wayne?

• I disagree; not every Telltale game has to put you in the shoes as some minor characters, as Wolf Among Us shows. I think Telltale would be fine if they made a game where you played as Batman.

• I disagree as well, playing as a minor character would be so hard. I would have preferred playing as Batman, because well.. THIS IS A BATMAN GAME.

• I actually like that idea I would prefer to play as batman but I do like the idea of seeing how batman works from other people in Gotham's perspectives

• I think in terms of characters it makes sense like GOT if we can play multiple characters like Nightwing or Batgirl, but Batman himself should still probably be one of them.

• In a Batman game you have to play as Batman. An older darker Batman would be interesting, though that may be to close to the tone of Wolf.

• But wouldn't it be an overused franchise and a wasted opportunity? There are already too many Batman games where we mostly play as the Batman himself.

I disagree; not every Telltale game has to put you in the shoes as some minor characters, as Wolf Among Us shows. I think Telltale would be fine if they made a game where you played as Batman.

• enter image description here

Herodriver posted: »

But wouldn't it be an overused franchise and a wasted opportunity? There are already too many Batman games where we mostly play as the Batman himself.

• Yeah, there are lots of games where you play as Batman, but not in the context of interactive cinema and choice making. This game is going to be story focused, so you won't have only action scenes. This could lead to interesting possibilities as they explore other sides of Batman that I imagine other games would typically neglect due to not being as interesting in a typical video game context.

Herodriver posted: »

But wouldn't it be an overused franchise and a wasted opportunity? There are already too many Batman games where we mostly play as the Batman himself.

• So no one thinks this game woulda been better if we played as Joker?

Got a joker pov

• Thats something I said as opposed to solely playing as Batman develop his character outside of that by having his character as Bruce Wayne be almost as important. It would make this game stand out because usually once you're in the suit its permanent and he does have a life and relationships he balances outside of crime fighting that id like to see more of.

AgentZ46 posted: »

How about... Bruce Wayne?

• As a mini-series like Michonne's for TWD? Sure.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

So no one thinks this game woulda been better if we played as Joker? Got a joker pov

• I was thinking more of an origins story. Like before he became the joker.

But then again, I'd rather see the flash

Nonoru posted: »

As a mini-series like Michonne's for TWD? Sure.

• That's really my hope, I want to play as Bruce, not batman. I'm all for donning the suit when it's necessary, but I really like his character as Bruce far more than his batman facade.

AgentZ46 posted: »

How about... Bruce Wayne?

• I disagree, I feel like it would be better if you play as Bruce Wayne instead of batman, and let's say somebody dies in the first ten minutes of the game forcing batman to go into a retirement and the next episodes focus on who framed batman, and you have to detect as Bruce Wayne and fight as Bruce Wayne, but instead of Bruce being the main character, it focusing on cat woman or robin and you play as an unknown character in flashback.

I disagree; not every Telltale game has to put you in the shoes as some minor characters, as Wolf Among Us shows. I think Telltale would be fine if they made a game where you played as Batman.

• Nah. The focus should only be on Batman because only the taking the roles of minor characters I think would be a huge insult to the players. Ever since this was announced, I always imagined it would sort of be like the spiritual successor to The Wolf Among Us.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.