What is your opinion of the show: Gotham?

As it is a Batman related show, I figured here would be an appropriate place to post this question.

Currently I am only at season 1, but so far I have found it be pretty entertaining so far.
I just finished watching the episode where the Joker/Jerome has been introduced.

Comments

• Never heard about "Gothom".

In case you're talking about "Gotham" - I don't like the idea, I don't want to see it. Baby Batman, baby penguin, baby catwoman... No, thanks.

• I don't know. Gotham feels like a strange concept. Why would you make a show, in a city set in the Batman universe, without it being about Batman?

• I really like that,most people who are never interested in Batman lore obviously don't want to care about those origin stories.All they care is some brooding Dark Knight kicking ass without really knowing why.

• I find it to be complete crap and still wonder why my father continues to watch it

• I was spectacle at first but I thinks it an ok show they could of done worse

• It's okay. Not as bad as most people says it is.

Season 2 is way better, especially because they (almost) dropped the "cases of the week" and now it's a coherent story.

• To me is "meh".

• I haven't seen much of it but I think it's at least decent, it adds some story about Gotham City before Bruce became Batman.

• Season 1 was kinda slow (establishing characters blah blah) but Season 2 is very well done.

• It's a really good show and Season 2 has been near perfect so far.

• It's a mixed bag, at this point I'm watching it for Riddler and Penguin, and Catwoman (even though her plot recently is just Bruce, which is such a bad writing choice)

• First of all, *Gotham.

Second of all, I actually really enjoy it. It's very neat and it's a good way to add Batman's stories into the TV mainstream like they do with Supergirl and Flash.

• ^ This is the meaning of true.

Herodriver posted: »

I really like that,most people who are never interested in Batman lore obviously don't want to care about those origin stories.All they care is some brooding Dark Knight kicking ass without really knowing why.

• I see it as the DC Law and Order except more boring most times with a hint of the occasional action stirred in.

• I love it (probably the only one who thinks so xD).

• It is okay. Though I have to admit, they just jumble up the Batman mythology so much in certain points, that it can hardly be considered faithful to the comics occasionally.

The first season starts off alright but they kinda dropped the ball in the Season finale.

Second season is considerably better than season one, but there are couple of "meh" moments as well.

• complete trash i used to watch it but when it got to the second half of the first season i just couldn't do it anymore the only good thing that show had going for it was the penguin

• I like it! It's nothing amazing, but it's still good mindless fun. Penguin is definitely the main reason I watch it, though.

• It begins with a T and ends with a rash

• I tried to give it a chance on more than one occassion but I really can't get into the show at all. It really feels like it's trying to rub it in our faces that; "Oh! Look! This is (insert Batman villain here) before they became (insert name here)!"

I hear the second season is a good bit better. But I'm not too sure if I'd like it, I don't generally like the tone of Gotham. Even though I'm a big fan of Batman.

• It's a really good show

Sign in to comment in this discussion.