Killing Gryff vs Killing Ludd?

Which Whitehill did you find more satisfying to kill and which Forrester did you play as (as it made a difference for me)? I played as Asher first and was severely mad that I didn't kill Ludd, only Gryff. The chase to reach Ludd during the ambush made me want to kill Ludd even more so when Gryff contuniuosly got in the way, it made me even more pissed. When I played as Rodrik, I killed Gryff and was actually satisfied with that, even though I didn't kill Ludd. The pleas from Gryff made it so and having season 2 to kill Ludd is acceptable to me.

Comments

• edited December 2015

Definitely Gryff as Rodrik.

Even though it's probably more logical to kill Ludd, in terms of raw satisfaction, it's definitely Gryff.

You kill his men with ease. You rescue Ryon first-hand. You force Gryff into the mud like he did to Rodrik in Episode 3. You make him cry before you like the pathetic craven he is. Then you rip his head off with your hands. Yelling "FOR ASHER!" Or perhaps even more badass:

"AS LORD OF IRONRATH, DEFENDER OF THE IRONWOOD GROVES, I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH!"

Plus, the victor of the Whitehill-Forrester war is said to be determined by "the last lord standing."
    With Rodrik and Ludd still alive, the war is on-going, which makes the most logical sense heading into Season 2. In my opinion, anyway. And I know this will be poorly received and controversial--but Asher's versions of killing them kinda suck.

Watching Ludd get poisoned along with your mother? No thanks.

Stabbing Gryff in the chest, before getting stabbed in the back by Gwyn? No thanks.

So yeah. Killing Gryff as Rodrik is my preference, in terms of satisfaction.

• I actually found satisfaction in killing Gryff, but in both scenarios (both as Rodrik or Asher).

As Rodrik, I avenged Asher's death and made Whitehills pay for how they desecrated Asher corpse but beheading (and putting it on a spike), but beheading and taking Gryff's head.

As Asher, you don't actually get stabbed in the back by Gwyn if you call off the ambush - because Lady Forrester goes crazy (thank god, because I couldn't take another one of Gwyn's "Don't hurt my family" bulls#$t, despite having Asher be together with Gwyn at the end) and cuts Ludd's face (which results in chaos, with fighting in both ends).
    Lady Forrester, by going off like that, gave me the justification to kill Gryff (and his right hand man who kills Rodrik), while not antagonizing Gwyn (since if Asher calls off the ambush, and kills Gryff, another Whitehill soldier stabs him in the back, but Gwyn kills this soldier with her knife, and thanks Asher for trying).

So I got satisfaction in both scenarios when killing Gryff.

But you're right. Killing Ludd through poison was a dud in terms of satisfaction.

DillonDex posted: »

Definitely Gryff as Rodrik. Even though it's probably more logical to kill Ludd, in terms of raw satisfaction, it's definitely Gryff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.