The only way I see the new upcoming Batman game being a success, based on the style of Telltale game

For the new Batman game, imagine we get a brand new character.
And that as such, we have thechoice to become either a hero, or a villain, based on the choices we make within the game.
While rubbing shoulders with either Batman, or the villains of Gotham.

To be honest, I feel that this is the only way it can be done, as Batman, and villains like the Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Scarecrow, and the Riddler, are to well established characters.

I think in order to make this game a success, the player has to walk in the shoes of a brand new character.

What do you think?

Comments

• No. It's literally called Batman: a Telltale Games series. Therefore we should be playing as Batman. Do you realize what a dick move it'd be to make it look like we'll be playing as Batman, to call it a Batman game, then be like "Nope, sorry, you're some other guy that interacts with Batman"

• then it wouldn't be a batman game......

• No, we're going to be playing as Batman, that's pretty much certain. It's not like Telltale has a complex choice based system, you could play as Bruce and Batman and make choices that way.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

In the announcement blog post they confirmed we would be playing as Batman and Bruce Wayne which i posted in a quote below.

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

This could be a interesting concept as there could be times where we play a more calmer role when we are Bruce Wayne and then we could be more aggressive role when we are Batman.

• It is already confirmed that we will be playing Bruce Wayne who is Batman and the game is called Batman. It doesn't get any more clearer than that.

• That sounds a lot like playing as Bigby in TWAU.

OzzyUK posted: »

In the announcement blog post they confirmed we would be playing as Batman and Bruce Wayne which i posted in a quote below. “At Tellta

• Bigby was also established character and look what happened.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It guess would be similar but unlike playing as Bigby where he can turn into a wolf when he gets angry we wouldn't be able to instantly change into Batman when things go bad, there also wouldn't be the magic element which would also change how things work in the game along with Batman's gadgets.

I have never read the Batman comics before and i don't know if they will change things from the movies so i guess i will need to wait and play the game to find out exactly who we will play as Bruce and Batman.

KCohere posted: »

That sounds a lot like playing as Bigby in TWAU.

• Well, the game doesn't officially have a name yet, so his idea isn't too far-fetched.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No. It's literally called Batman: a Telltale Games series. Therefore we should be playing as Batman. Do you realize what a dick move it'd be

• Except that it does have a name.

Batteries posted: »

Well, the game doesn't officially have a name yet, so his idea isn't too far-fetched.

• But it does have a name. It is called "Batman" What makes you think it doesn't have a name yet?

Well, the game doesn't officially have a name yet, so his idea isn't too far-fetched.

• The game actually is unofficially untitled. From the announcement blog post, they mention it is untitled.

Telltale Games, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, today announced an interactive episodic game series based on DC Comics’ iconic Batman™ that is set to premiere in 2016. The official title for the Telltale series is yet to be revealed.

But it does have a name. It is called "Batman" What makes you think it doesn't have a name yet?

• Oh, I see. My mistake. :P

The game actually is unofficially untitled. From the announcement blog post, they mention it is untitled. Telltale Games, with Warner

• The title of the video Telltale posted on YouTube is: Batman: A Telltale Games series announcement trailer. So I think it's safe to assume that's what it's called.

• No. I want to be Batman!

• Magic does exist in the Batman universe, it's just not that usual.

OzzyUK posted: »

It guess would be similar but unlike playing as Bigby where he can turn into a wolf when he gets angry we wouldn't be able to instantly chan

• It's been said from the trailer and a description that it will be dealing with the duality of Bruce Wayne/Batman, so we won't be playing as a new character. The game would fall on its face sales wise if it was like that.

• See InGen_Nate_Kenny's comment below

Except that it does have a name.

• I'm not saying it won't be about Batman, I was just saying how the original posters idea isn't too far-fetched seeing as the game isn't officially titled yet.

kingbanjee posted: »

It's been said from the trailer and a description that it will be dealing with the duality of Bruce Wayne/Batman, so we won't be playing as a new character. The game would fall on its face sales wise if it was like that.

• But which Batman?! The present day one with all action and no substance who has no connection to his origjnal.

Or the classic Batman. This could be either really good for telltale or really bad. Especially when it comes to their story-telling and attention to detail. If GoT and TWD fans were annoying before, wait till the DC fans flood the forums.

They better take their time with this game, the fans and skeptics are watching closely!!

• Though this idea is unlikely, I actually like it. That would be freakin' awesome! Being able to team up with or square off against different villains. I would probably choose villain, as Batman villains are very interesting to me.

• Like i said on my last comment, i rather be Batman. But what would be cool like how on Minecraft Story Mode it had selectable characters. What would be cool is if we get to choose different batman suits. Like the ones off of Arkham City. Now that would be cool.

• How are the TWD and GOT fans annoying? I spend lots of time on these forums and don't find many of them annoying.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

But which Batman?! The present day one with all action and no substance who has no connection to his origjnal. Or the classic Batman. Thi

• But. It is far fetched. It literally says we play as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the description

I'm not saying it won't be about Batman, I was just saying how the original posters idea isn't too far-fetched seeing as the game isn't officially titled yet.

• Literally read my statement...

IF!!!! IF!!! I said if they were annoying!!

You don't deserve those 3 likes... Give them back!!

AChicken posted: »

How are the TWD and GOT fans annoying? I spend lots of time on these forums and don't find many of them annoying.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.