Internally and externally lame? Rhys and Fiona

So when I was watching the retrospective interview. One of the developers, Molly, said that Fiona was internally lame at times and Rhys was externally lame at most of the times.

I understand about Rhys being externally lame, but what did she mean that Fiona was internally lame? Does anyone have thoughts and opinions about that?

Comments

• she probably makes bad puns in her mind

"That Hyperion jerk needs to learn how to rhyspect me, Oh God what did I do?"

• edited December 2015

Laura Bailey's delivery of "This is fine! We're ok!" as Fiona and Vaughn enter the race in episode one had me cracking up because it was Rhys-level denial. Up until that point she'd been putting on a front to Vaughn, making it appear as if she wasn't also terrified.

The scenes in episode 3 with the eye and wanting Athena to know she was the worst conversationalist ever are also significantly less smooth than her normal persona.

You can also choose lines that have her be a little sillier, like "I have the shiniest meat bicycle"

• She seems like the type of person that maintains a cool exterior yet tends to freak out inside, as opposed to Rhys who just fails all across the board.

• Obviously Fiona is more confident than Rhys, but she still has her moments of awkwardness and confusion.

The Handsome Jack Tour, awkwardly trying to explain why she carries an eyeball with her, her scooping that eye out, really bad "Catch-a-riiiiiiiiide", Telling Gortys to scan the room, and of course the best thing ever, "TOUCH GOAL!"

• "Or some shit..I dunno"

Poogers555 posted: »

Obviously Fiona is more confident than Rhys, but she still has her moments of awkwardness and confusion. The Handsome Jack Tour, awkwardl

• When you score the touch goal

enter image description here

ZapThroat posted: »

"Or some shit..I dunno"

• That scene was so adorable. Almost made up for all the timing puzzles. Pretty much every dialogue choice for both Rhys and Fiona were hilarious.

Obviously Fiona is more confident than Rhys, but she still has her moments of awkwardness and confusion. The Handsome Jack Tour, awkwardl

• Internal:

External

The point is: Fiona still manages to be cool. But Rhys? Rhys is a freaking loooooooser.

• It kind of means that on the outside she's incredibly confident due to her "job" as a con-artist, but really, she's kind of a dork on the inside.

Rhys, however, is a dork on the outside. Though he is quite confident (somehow) on the inside.

• edited December 2015

have you noticed none of rhys plans ever work as planned

When you score the touch goal

• And let's not forget Fiona's hasty (and unsuccessful) attempt to save face when she lets the "Cool Chick" façade slip in front of Athena at the Atlas Dome...

gameplay footage I captured

Sign in to comment in this discussion.