Anyone else agree leaving Asher is stupid

Comments

• Finally someone spells his name right.

MilkManBand posted: »

I disagree. Roaderrreck was the Lord. "I'm just a soldier now," -Asher Forrester The King should not die for a pawn.

• Rodrik, my brother is dead, it's your fault. We're doomed.

Elaena never said that Arthur's death is Rodrik's fault. You're just making things up because you hate her. ;)

Rodrik part was boring; constant humiliations, annoying sister, materialistic woman

enter image description here

decision of leaving him in 5th wasn't a problem for me.

Good for you... I guess?

Omid's cat posted: »

Elaena. I don't like her. She's... weird. Rodrik, we played hide and seek in the grove, remember? I want to play again. Half of the Forre

• This ^

Rodrik, my brother is dead, it's your fault. We're doomed. Elaena never said that Arthur's death is Rodrik's fault. You're just maki

• But still if you don't get Elaena's hand she in episode 4 still demands that you help her (yeah because she helped you A LOT), if you refuse, she calls you a coward and ends up forcing you. The Gryff thingy led to the whole war itself, so... yeah Elaena might've been the doom of your house :/

Thamix posted: »

I believe there was a time skip before they banged, so Elaena was not thinking about Arthur that much, also she never said Arthur death was

• if you refuse, she calls you a coward and ends up forcing you.

Arthur calls you a coward, not Elaena. (I had to, sorry. :P)

But still if you don't get Elaena's hand she in episode 4 still demands that you help her (yeah because she helped you A LOT), if you refuse

• First. SHE SAID Ramsay came to Ironrath because of Rodrik and their alliance was a mistake. Play again.

Second. Yes, I'm posting my opinions, duh! Got problem with freedom of speech?

Rodrik, my brother is dead, it's your fault. We're doomed. Elaena never said that Arthur's death is Rodrik's fault. You're just maki

• And then she immediately says "If we hadn't been your allies" she was blaming herself.

First. SHE SAID Ramsay came to Ironrath because of Rodrik and their alliance was a mistake. Play again. Second. Yes, I'm posting my opinions, duh! Got problem with freedom of speech?

• edited December 2015

Cool, you're giving your opinion. Though, I think you're obviously a fanboy/girl of Asher and I only say that because of what you wrote.

Everything; his uncle's travel, Mereen, Dany, dragon, night attack, is POINTLESS if you're leaving Asher. Just the moment he returns he dies? WTF?!

First of all, this. The way you put it is as Malcolm was sent to get Asher back so he can lead a war. That may be partially true, but Asher's ''mission'' was to hire sellswords/an army that will fight against the Whitehills, not to just come back and become lord. Mereen and Night attack is the same thing. Dragon? What... Uhm... The fuck does that have to do with anything?

Rodrik part was boring

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is just pure hate. You don't like him for some reason and try to talk shit.

constant humiliations

Not really.

annoying sister

Are you on crack? How is Talia ''annoying'' ???? I've never seen anyone say they don't like her.

materialistic woman

Okay, that's just bullshit. Elaena actually loves Rodrik and is even ready to murder Gryff to prevent him/Ludd successfully get the Glenmores on their side and bringing destruction upon Ironrath.

He was already dead in 1st ep., so decision of leaving him in 5th wasn't a problem for me.

That's like saying ''Oh, Asher wasn't even in the 1st ep. I didn't even know who the fuck he was or what he looked like, so it wasn't a problem for me to leave him in the 5th episode.'' He showed up in the 2nd episode just as Rodrik did as a playable character so gtfo.

I agree with you - leaving Asher is stupid.

And I agree with Ludd. ''I underestimated you, cripple.''

You can't say that Asher is better than Rodrik or vice-versa. Both of them are really good in their own ways, [Mod edit: Insult removed]

Thanks. God bless.

Everything; his uncle's travel, Mereen, Dany, dragon, night attack, is POINTLESS if you're leaving Asher. Just the moment he returns he dies

• "Shut the fuck up with your bitchy opinions..."? What's your problem?! Respect other people.

Cool, you're giving your opinion. Though, I think you're obviously a fanboy/girl of Asher and I only say that because of what you wrote.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

Let's keep the conversation civil and not insult people. That last bit really wasn't necessary.

• I feel like it was a more fitting end for Rodrick since Asher just arrived and having him killed off just like that feels kind of wasteful. I agree Rodrick's story felt kind of over, and it was the end he deserved in my opinion. Rodrick had his chance and I thought Asher was the leader Ironrath needed since it was kind of obvious they were going to go to war "last house standing" as Ramsay Bolton said. Plus I'd rather have Asher leading the sellswords + Beskha.

• Why would it be pointless? He recruited the sellswords didnt he?

Rodrik's storyline was anything but boring. He was a man whose body was broken but his spirit was always strong, and he slowly but gradually became strong again, so much so that he could kill Ludd- "I underestimated you, cripple."

If you think Talia is annoying that's your problem, I think she's a fantastic, smart and wonderful character.

Elaena actually loved Rodrik despite his scars, so she clearly wasn't shallow. You do realise that people say a lot of things they don't mean when they're grieving? At least she had the decency to apologise, like a real woman/person.

Plus look at how Rodrik managed to win over those pit fighters and he gave us the fight we've always wanted.

Everything; his uncle's travel, Mereen, Dany, dragon, night attack, is POINTLESS if you're leaving Asher. Just the moment he returns he dies

• edited December 2015

That's pretty baffling to me, too.

"IF ASHER DIES HIS WHOLE STORYLINE WAS POINTLESZ"

It's like... How was it? He brought back an army that could save the House. He was able to reunite, albeit briefly, with his brother--and prove to his family he never stopped loving them by saving his life. He died as he lived--a heroic badass.

I just don't see how having Asher stay, renders his storyline pointless. Like at all. If anything having him not stay does. I mean, he comes home to save his family, and the first thing he does is leave its lord to die? :/

But whatever. People have made up their minds on this. Rodrik staying is the right choice. It's spelt Rodrick. And no amount of logic or reason will ever change that consensus.

MoonLantern posted: »

Why would it be pointless? He recruited the sellswords didnt he? Rodrik's storyline was anything but boring. He was a man whose body was

• This has been said before, and although I wouldn't call the decision stupid, I do agree almost entirely.

Everything about Rodrik staying behind just felt right to me. The dialogue is leagues better when he stays behind (and Royland is sentinel)

As soon as that haunting tune started and Rodrik said "The gate will fall without one of us holding it.. One of us has to stay" I knew what I had to do.

"Let me save your life, brother. And our house" vs "Go, Rod ik wut iam doeing (spoiler: he doesn't)"

Furthermore I think I did a pretty good job in my playthrough mirroring Beskha/Ashers brother-sister relationship. Didn't like the idea of abandoning her after she came all the way to Westeros for Asher. Rodrik on the other hand cheated death once and as stated before felt like his story arc was coming to an end. Rodriks story ruled episodes 2-4. Episode 5, not so much. I only have one save with Asher, but I watched a few clips on YouTube of EP. 6 with Rodrik, and lets jut say he didn't fit the setting.

"Asher risked his life so that I can keep mine" - A Pathetic Rodrik

Something my Rodrik would never say. He'd volunteer to save his little brother.

• I wouldn't call the decision stupid, I do agree almost entirely.

It's such a redundant argument, though. Rodrik staying felt more right to you? Well, Asher staying felt more right to me. You think Asher staying is almost stupid? I think Asher not staying is almost stupid. My point is, neither us feeling that way, makes it right. Despite so many people, and by that I mean the Asher-saving demographic, feeling otherwise.

"Asher risked his life so that I can keep mine" - A Pathetic Rodrik

Again, I could just flip that argument: "Rodrik, he kept this House together, through shear force of will! My brother was a true lord." -- A pathetic Asher
    I mean, how is Asher starting his mission of saving the family by leaving its lord to die five minutes in, any better than Rodrik allowing his younger brother to die? At least Rodrik has the excuse of the greater good -- being that he has extra responsibilities, such as ruling Ironrath, marrying Elaena, and returning home for the likes of his Sentinel, Lady Forrester and Talia, who have all come to rely on him, and be accustomed to Asher's absence.

but I watched a few clips on YouTube of EP. 6 with Rodrik, and lets jut say he didn't fit the setting.

That makes no sense. Rodrik doesn't fit the setting of what? Ironrath, the place he's been the entire game? But Asher does... someone whose never even been there throughout the entire series?

almighty posted: »

This has been said before, and although I wouldn't call the decision stupid, I do agree almost entirely. Everything about Rodrik staying

• edited December 2015

It's such a redundant argument, though. Rodrik staying felt more right to you? Well, Asher staying felt more right to me. You think Asher staying is almost stupid? I think Asher not staying is almost stupid. My point is, neither us feeling that way, makes it right.

I didn't post here to try an change your mind, whoever you are. I made it very clear when I said "to me" that this is my opinion, so the entire routine you just put on wasn't necessary.

Again, I could just flip that argument: "Rodrik, he kept this House together, through shear force of will! My brother was a true lord." -- A pathetic Asher

Substantial difference between those dialogues, but ok.

That makes no sense. Rodrik doesn't fit the setting of what? Ironrath, the place he's been the entire game? But Asher does... someone whose never even been there throughout the entire series?

It makes perfect sense. Think a little less hard. He didn't fit in episode 6 is what I implied.

DillonDex posted: »

I wouldn't call the decision stupid, I do agree almost entirely. It's such a redundant argument, though. Rodrik staying felt more ri

• edited December 2015

I didn't post here to try an change your mind, whoever you are. I made it very clear when I said "to me" that this is my opinion so the entire routine you just put on wasn't necessary.

Nor did I post to change your mind. You cited your opinion, how you saw it, so I cited my opinion and how I saw it. Isn't that what this is all about? "Routine," I would have used the word discussion...

Substantial difference between those dialogues, but ok.

That's pretty subjective, but ok.

It makes perfect sense. Think a little less hard. He didn't fit in episode 6 is what I implied.

I don't think so, "implied?" Someone needs to think a little more hard.

but I watched a few clips on YouTube of EP. 6 with Rodrik, and lets jut say he didn't fit the setting.

"He didn't fit the setting" how is that an implication? I'm pretty sure that's a statement. But whatever, if you're going to be so prickly about this, I'm not even going to bother.

It's such a redundant argument, though. Rodrik staying felt more right to you? Well, Asher staying felt more right to me. You think Asher st

• edited December 2015

Nor did I post to change your mind. You cited your opinion, how you saw it, so I cited my opinion and how I saw it. Isn't that what this is all about? "Routine," I would have used the word discussion...

You came off as very defensive even though this isn't your thread and I didn't reply to or prior read anything you've posted. Discussions are fine, but your crybaby routine isn't required. If you want, I can again quote what specifically I was referring to.

I don't think so, "implied?" Someone needs to think a little more hard.

When I used the word "setting", I wasn't being literal as I pointed out. Episode 6 was the setting. Even when it's presented right in your face, you manage to miss it. Such a thick skull, so tragic.

"He didn't fit the setting" how is that an implication? I'm pretty sure that's a statement.

Are you trying to say that a statement can't be an implication? Someone needs to learn what words mean.

But whatever, if you're going to be so prickly about this, I'm not even going to bother.

You shouldn't have bothered to begin with. I wasn't interested in what you have to stay. Still not. Feel free to get lost.

I didn't post here to try an change your mind, whoever you are. I made it very clear when I said "to me" that this is my opinion so the enti

• crybaby routine isn't required.

LOL

When I used the word "setting", I wasn't being literal as I pointed out. Episode 6 was the setting. Even when it's presented right in your face, you manage to miss it. Such a thick skull, so tragic.

It is tragic. All of it.

Are you trying to say that a statement can't be an implication? Someone needs to learn what words mean.

Words mean "A single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed." :)
    Anyway, what I meant was, that was a statement, not an implication. I never said anything about the two being mutually exclusive or anything of that sort.

I wasn't interested in what you have to stay. Still not. Feel free to get lost.

But why? We're having such a lovely discussion, erh, I mean "crybaby routine". But I suppose all good things must come to an end. Have a good day.

Nor did I post to change your mind. You cited your opinion, how you saw it, so I cited my opinion and how I saw it. Isn't that what this is

• edited December 2015

Hell, u're none to tell pros and cons of, or to tell which dicision is better than other! You cant judge other's decision. Every human has his own independent thinking

• You are allowed to have your own opinion. But when you start being mean to people, you start losing credibility.

Nor did I post to change your mind. You cited your opinion, how you saw it, so I cited my opinion and how I saw it. Isn't that what this is

• You are allowed to have your own opinion. But when you start being mean to people, you start losing credibility.

First of all;

lol, no. That's child logic.

When you're so thick-skulled you can barely comprehend what your read, then you opinion loses merit. Being "mean" doesn't affect the credibility of someones opinion. I personally don't need validation from anyone on this forum, my opinions hold weight wherever I go, but thanks for sharing anyway.

You are allowed to have your own opinion. But when you start being mean to people, you start losing credibility.

• The other reason why I saved Asher was because The sacrifice was more well done. The line "let me save your life and our house" nearly made me cry. He is Amanda who just wants to save people. Asher just says "go Rodrik I know what I'm dining" it is very rushed and it very well done.

• Why doesn't anybody mention the whitehills winning Ramsay's game if you killed Rodrik? Heck, one of the dialogue options for killing Ludd as Rodrik is gloating about how the Forresters won Ramsay's game by killing Ludd

• The other reason why I saved Asher was because The sacrifice was more well done. The line "let me save your life and our house"

But you didn't know about any of that in the moment... So how can that be a reason why you saved him.

He is Amanda

I thought he was Rodrik? I mean "Rodrick."

Asher just says "go Rodrik I know what I'm dining" it is very rushed

Again, you didn't know that in the moment. And I personally don't think it's rushed. I actually think Asher's is well done. He tells Rodrik he needs to go, he tells Rodrik he knows what he's doing (e.g. saving the lord of the house, and going out like a hero).

The other reason why I saved Asher was because The sacrifice was more well done. The line "let me save your life and our house" nearly made

• Roaderrreck

k

I disagree. Roaderrreck was the Lord. "I'm just a soldier now," -Asher Forrester The King should not die for a pawn.

• edited December 2015

Why doesn't anybody mention the whitehills winning Ramsay's game if you killed Rodrik?

WHAT!? DON'T BRING LOGIC INTO THIS SMOUGHSTEIN! RODERICK IS WEAK AND A CRIPPLE AND THE ARMY WILL NOT FOLLOWZ HIM. HOW DARE YOU MAKE A VALID POINT ABOUT SAVING RODRIK, CLEARLY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THESE DISCUSSIONS WORK!

Removes sarcasm filter

Good point, mate. :)

Smoughstein posted: »

Why doesn't anybody mention the whitehills winning Ramsay's game if you killed Rodrik? Heck, one of the dialogue options for killing Ludd as Rodrik is gloating about how the Forresters won Ramsay's game by killing Ludd

• As much as I like Asher people do have a different view of things.

• Roaderrreck

Is it bad that this doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as "Roderick" and "Rodrick" do?

• Not that I've seen. :(

As much as I like Asher people do have a different view of things.

• I thought Rodrik fitted perfectly when he showed us that the commander in his prime had returned.

I understand why you think big brother Rodrik would want to stay behind, and I think that's credible. But we also need to bear in mind Rodrik is also a wise lord, a fiance and a potential father. That part of him would want to be around to protect Ironrath and his child.

It's such a redundant argument, though. Rodrik staying felt more right to you? Well, Asher staying felt more right to me. You think Asher st

• Well I played with Rodrik, I really enjoyed myself and hell hearing about the wedding and breaking of guest right sounds a bit weird to me, (It probably went a bit differently to that I haven't played with Asher yet.)

It made killing Gryff ten times more satisfying though.

• And Ludd does the same if you leave Rodrik.

Smoughstein posted: »

Why doesn't anybody mention the whitehills winning Ramsay's game if you killed Rodrik? Heck, one of the dialogue options for killing Ludd as Rodrik is gloating about how the Forresters won Ramsay's game by killing Ludd

• Sure, I understand other perspectives, never said I didn't. There's plenty of reasons for Rodrik to live, but It's just that imo the case is overwhelmingly stronger for him to stay behind. Wasn't trying to sway anyones thoughts, just shared some reasons why I chose to leave Rodrik behind.

MoonLantern posted: »

I thought Rodrik fitted perfectly when he showed us that the commander in his prime had returned. I understand why you think big brother

• edited December 2015

I actually prefer Rodrik's story over Asher's. Always have. My initial reaction was to save Asher. Then I replayed that final scene in ep 5 and saved Rodrik instead. Best choice ever. Rodrik's ep 6 was so much better than Asher's in my opinion. And here's why:

Having played as both, I feel that Rodrik’s story is more heartfelt and more complete than Asher’s. The only way to kill Ludd/Gryff as Asher is to poison him or ambush him, making house Forrester lose their honor and for me, was a bit anti climatic; with Rodrik we immediately go into war mode with the Whitehills barging down our doorsteps of Ironrath with NO chance of a peace agreement. THAT is what I wanted: the adrenaline and the uncertainty of war. Rodrik’s story felt much more GoT than Asher’s. The idea that a man who survived so much and basically risen from the dead and had to deal with the Whitehills only to die didn’t sit right with me. Asher's only job was to deliver the warriors to House Forrester and he did; he had no obligation to lead the entire house; that was always Rodrik's alley. The problem Rodrik faced with dealing with the Essos warriors also added more spice to the plot as things should never be easy in GoT. Rodrik has been there from the very beginning and I feel that this is his war to fight, not Asher’s.

• I feel the same. Rodrik's story has always been, and will always be, more compelling to me. How almost everyone feels otherwise is a fact that baffles me to no end. And even more baffling is, like really? The consensus here is Asher's storyline in Episode 6 is better?

In Rodrik's story, the Forresters and Whitehills are at full-out war. It's them, or us. And they even dare put Asher's head on a spike. Ironrath is immediately assaulted, the Pit Fighters are rebelling, and all in all, it's tense, uncertain, brutal, and the odds are stacked against you, in true Got fashion. It's exactly the experience I wanted for the finale.

Whereas, in Asher's, the Forresters and Whitehills are in a weird position. With Rodrik dead, they've technically won, but obviously Asher is reluctant to forgive Rodrik's death--despite the fact he can, and in extension marry Gwyn to form an alliance. Plus, the whole poison-ambush thing, as you say, makes the Forresters about as honourable as the Whitehills, and I don't like that at all. And then the final battle feels like it came out of nowhere--like what, how did they manage to smash the gate down in five minutes? Reinforced Ironwood and cold-rolled steel? That must have been a strong ram. It made sense in Rodrik's case, they'd been doing it for hours, but here it was just kinda silly. Plus, Asher killing Gryff (and even worse in Ludd's case) just has nowhere near the satisfaction as it does with Rodrik. We've seen Gryff and Ludd bully Rodrik the entire series, seeing him recovered, and finally doing them in is just feels right. Same goes with Harys. And losing Ironrath--having Rodrik watch it burn after all he's been through, is so much more tragic, and again, just right.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, of course. But the fact like 99% of people honestly feel Asher's story is superior is soo bizarre to me.

Yaya1314 posted: »

I actually prefer Rodrik's story over Asher's. Always have. My initial reaction was to save Asher. Then I replayed that final scene in ep 5

• edited December 2015

For me it felt like Asher`s story existed so they could have Danereys in the game.

Sure we got the pit fighters, but there was only 12 or something like that. And in my opinion all that talk about how great warriors the pit fighters are is just pure bullshit. They are just undisciplined rabble and not an army. Rabble that have been trained to kill but in a arena, not on a battelfield, and there is a difference.

Unfortunately since the game is based on the show and not the books, it seems like all the mercenary companies are too big for Asher to hire them. And some of them do not even seem to exist. I would have really liked Asher`s story if it had been about raising money to hire a mercenary company. But i had to high expectations. And all this is just my opinion not a fact.

I feel the same. Rodrik's story has always been, and will always be, more compelling to me. How almost everyone feels otherwise is a fact th

• It is all different taste and perspective, but for me, Rodrik have always been the main protagonist for me.

He becomes the lord in the most horrible way possible. He find himself in a corpse cart with his father's corpse next to him and returns home broken and crippled by his injuries. When you really look into it, it is the reserved of the usual hero's return to his home. Instead of coming home victorious, heroic and glorified like in the tales, he returns home in a terrible, defeated and most humiliating way possible. Despite all of that, Rodrik's spirit remains unbroken and fight through his pain and does his absolute best to protect his family and lead his House. He becomes the hero and leader that his people so desperately needed.

And I agree with DillonDex and Yaya1314 that Rodrik's version in EP6 felt most Game of Thrones like. The Forrester's defeat felt much more realistic and understandable, considering that the siege has been lasting so many hours. Also the defeat felt most tragic, because it was Rodrik's responsibility to protect his family and he is watching his house falling and his people dying around him. You really feel for the guy, you really feel that he has failed his family, the memory of his father and brothers and his ancestors.

For me, Rodrik is easily the best Telltale protagonist because he is constantly challenged and things are never easy for him. But despite all of that, you know that he will keep fighting to the bitter end because that's the kind of man that Rodrik is. He is the personification of the relentless endurance of the Forresters. He will keep fighting to the bitter end and then more.

Yaya1314 posted: »

I actually prefer Rodrik's story over Asher's. Always have. My initial reaction was to save Asher. Then I replayed that final scene in ep 5

• Dammit guys, give Asher some love too...

• There is a lot of people that like him, so i do not understand what you mean.

Dammit guys, give Asher some love too...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.