Prequel to Dawn of Justice?

Considering how all of (except one that shall not be named) Telltale's recent games are an extension of the source material they originate from rather than being their own separate continuities (TWD set in the comic-verse, Wolf prequel to Fables, GoT game set after end of Season 3, Tales set after BL2) would this newly announced 'Batman' game be in any way related to the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice film, or the Suicide Squad film, both of which will set up to try to rival the MCU?

We know that the Batman (played by former Daredevil actor Ben Affleck) will be middle aged, already experienced and battle hardened, in contract to Superman just beginning his own superhero career so it does make sense if Telltale is commissioned to create a game set during his younger days before his appearance in Dawn of Justice.

I equally hope that their Marvel game will allow players to become part of the MCU.

What do you guys think - is Telltale creating their own separate version of Batman or will the game be an extension of the DC Extended Universe?

Comments

• I really really hope that it's set in their own self made universe like Minecraft: Story Mode. Where they're not held back by any restrictions unlike in Game of Thrones.

• Personally, I hope it has nothing to do with the movie. It's fine if we see members from the Justice League make an appearance but I'm hoping it will have 0 to no ties to it(the movie). TellTale just functions best in a non-constricted environment and it'd be pretty cool to see other people from the DC universe make their appearances.

• Agreed. Especially since a lot of TTG fans might never have had any experience with Batman. Only experience I have is from the Arkham games.

lupinb0y posted: »

I really really hope that it's set in their own self made universe like Minecraft: Story Mode. Where they're not held back by any restrictions unlike in Game of Thrones.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.