IGN VOTE UPDATE: TALES FROM THE BORDERLANDS WON!

• MULTI-PLATFORM GOTY WINNERS! XBOX 360 & PLAYSTATION 3
  • BEST PERFORMANCES
  • BEST ADVENTURE (winners, runners up)

I'm sure everyone here would like to say Congratulations Telltale Games: Tales from the Borderlands for winning these categories!!

enter image description here

Comments

• Done!! Done and DONE!!

Seriously,this game is the best, really deserves it.

And also, looks like there's not any Life is Strange on there

• YES! If we all get behind it we can make it a winner! What it deserves!

ZapThroat posted: »

Done!! Done and DONE!! Seriously,this game is the best, really deserves it. And also, looks like there's not any Life is Strange on there

• Agreed,this is the best game I've played in a long time, or..maybe even my whole life :D

YES! If we all get behind it we can make it a winner! What it deserves!

• Get voting everyone!

OzzyUK posted: »

I voted for it, you can also vote for it in these categories * Best Art Direction * Best Performances * PC Game of the Year *

• edited December 2015

Ign made some nice videos i should go vote

enter link description here

• Out of all of these nominations, it has to win something, right? Seriously, Tales deserves at least one award.

• It definitely will win something! Really believe it will get best story - we just need to get people voting :D

Out of all of these nominations, it has to win something, right? Seriously, Tales deserves at least one award.

• I voted for best story.

But when I saw Crypt of the Necrodancer on the GOTY list, I had to vote for that.

Sorry guys.

• I don't know why are people complaining about no LiS in best performance. IMO Ashley Burch was the only good VA and the rest were bad, especially Max for me. :/ I feel like people don't know the difference between a good cast and bad one.

• Agreed. Ashly Burch was phenomenal, but everyone else, especially Max, was really bad or meh.

CarL_J posted: »

I don't know why are people complaining about no LiS in best performance. IMO Ashley Burch was the only good VA and the rest were bad, especially Max for me. I feel like people don't know the difference between a good cast and bad one.

• Yep, but now thinking about it, I think Nathan's VA was good too. Everyone else was kinda bad though

Agreed. Ashly Burch was phenomenal, but everyone else, especially Max, was really bad or meh.

• I agree. As you and Metallica said, Ashly Burch was the only great VA in the cast but the rest were awful, especially Max. I usually expect for the main protagonists to do a good voice acting at the very least but Max's VA made me get sick of Max a lot and I was wishing to play as someone else.

I don't know why are people complaining about no LiS in best performance. IMO Ashley Burch was the only good VA and the rest were bad, especially Max for me. I feel like people don't know the difference between a good cast and bad one.

• How did this turn into talking about LIS and bashing it lol?

Voted for tales in some categories btw.

• I only talked about LiS because in some (most) categories the comments were mostly "Really, no Life is Strange?" and I found the comments in Best Performance kind of.. ridiculous because I atleast thought that LiS' cast wasn't that good, but I'm sorry if that came off as a hate comment, I didn't mean it. I like LiS (I actually think it's a pretty good game, especially for a studio like Dontnod, seriously well done) and I don't hate it, but I just didn't really think the cast was that good and it was weird when I saw where's Life is Strange comments in Best Performance, but everyone has their opinion.

How did this turn into talking about LIS and bashing it lol? Voted for tales in some categories btw.

• I guess LIS fans aren't exactly happy to see that their favorite game isn't acclaimed everywhere.

How did this turn into talking about LIS and bashing it lol? Voted for tales in some categories btw.

• I feel like it should have been in best mobile, too. Certainly is the one game I plan to bring with me for the holidays. (Though I probably would have tried to make The Room 3 fit too if it were available for android yet.)

OzzyUK posted: »

I voted for it, you can also vote for it in these categories * Best Art Direction * Best Performances * PC Game of the Year *

• I dunno. Is best performance meant to be the entire cast or a gender neutral Best Actor/Actress?

If Ashley Burch did an awesome job that should make her eligible. I still think TFTBL should win for the across the board stellar performances.

• It's still up for GOTY, though it didn't get one of the feature videos. So is Hatoful Boyfriend...which I definitely enjoyed more than LiS but would not have expected to see nominated for GOTY.

I guess LIS fans aren't exactly happy to see that their favorite game isn't acclaimed everywhere.

• I can understand how some are up in arms about the Best Performance and Best Narrative categories. I mean LIS got snubbed for Cibele lol.

But hey Tales deserves some praise. LIS has been getting a lot of praise on various websites. I can understand how people can feel like LIS should have been at least nominated. I didn't really see too much complaining...just kinda asking why. Hell, I even saw some question why Her Story was snubbed in Best Performance.

No need to try and degrade the game and those involved.

• GOTY list has been narrowed down! Tales is a contender! Get VOTING!!!

• The funny thing is, I would not say that narrative and performance were the game's strong points, though I would give it points for not being a sequel or spinoff of an existing property and choosing a subject that isn't very common for the medium. I think the mechanic's affect on the narrative was what really made the game special...so Technical Excellence?

(And now we're up to what...12 posts about LiS when it wasn't even nominated for most of these categories?)

I can understand how some are up in arms about the Best Performance and Best Narrative categories. I mean LIS got snubbed for Cibele lol.

• jmmjmm
    edited December 2015

The fan in me wants to go and click, but pragmatic me keeps saying "It is pointless"

Unfortunately it is another click-fest galore....
    Go, click, prepare to be disappointed when the results are revealed

Hint: the game with the biggest fandom will win regardless of merit, in every single category.

And if you think I'm just too jaded, a horrible person or whatever adjective you want to pin on me, the fact remains...

"The game with the biggest click count... WINS" (If it helps read it with Ramsay Snow's voice, Reek!)

• True

I'm also wondering how Tales got nominated for some many slots over other games. I would have it in for goty, best story, and best soundtrack.

Until Dawn not being in the best PS4 slot and a bunch of games not being included is really weird considering most of them was rated pretty good by IGN. Plus, for some reason they put Game of Thrones in for the past consoles even though they was very critical of it.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Undertale folks typed in so much that they somehow get the nod in a lot of categories.

jmm posted: »

The fan in me wants to go and click, but pragmatic me keeps saying "It is pointless" Unfortunately it is another click-fest galore....

• Tales From The Borderlands заслуживает быть игрой года !

• I hope my votes actually count this time man

• One can hope

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I hope my votes actually count this time man

• GOTY!

GOTY!

GOTY!

• edited December 2015

Sorry but I couldn't vote for TFTB after I saw undertale was there. I'd be commiting a sin.

• Fully agree.

• I voted Undertale for best story however I voted TftBL on everything else.

• I love the blurb for the Performance win:

When a game relies on story and characters as much as Tales from the Borderlands, the entire experience lives and dies on the strength of the performances. Thankfully, Telltale did an incredible job of casting each and every role throughout the five episodes, particularly with the two leads. Troy Baker brings immense depth Rhys and transforms what could’ve just been a bumbling scoundrel to a fully-formed person. Likewise, Laura Bailey’s arc as Fiona brings life to a con-woman who slowly realizes her true calling as a Vault Hunter. They’re hilarious, heart-breaking, and everything inbetween.

• The comments in the Adventure category Are priceless. All the LiS Hardcore Fans Are realizing now, that LiS isnt Even nominated. I mean, it's Not like it was there for almost a month now. ^^

Linnet posted: »

* Best Adventure * Best Performance * PS3 GOTY * 360 GOTY I love the blurb for the Performance win: When a game relies on story

• The salt in the comments section for Best Adventure is raising my cholesterol. It's pretty good :D

* Best Adventure * Best Performance * PS3 GOTY * 360 GOTY I love the blurb for the Performance win: When a game relies on story

• I'm getting a kick out of the comments. Seriously, did people not realize you could write in a submission. It's time for some of those fans to realize that LiS wasn't as great as they all thought it was.

• Agreed. personally I thought tales was more deserving of a GOTY nomination than LiS.

I'm getting a kick out of the comments. Seriously, did people not realize you could write in a submission. It's time for some of those fans to realize that LiS wasn't as great as they all thought it was.

• Cheers to everyone who voted :) Well Done Tales!

• Holy hell there is so much salt in that comment section that I needed a bottle of water afterwards.... :P

• edited January 2016

RIP THE FLESH! SALT THE WOUND! Flesh being the LiS fans, Wound being them not winning. Does that analogy work? no?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.