TTG QA is a complete waste

edited December 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Dear Telltale QA team (if you even exist), or whoever responsible for "quality" of this game for PS3 platform

Just want you to know my opinion about your "work" here.
Being nearly a fan of great TWD game, I was really excited about new GOT game series. I even forgot about all the issues with decisions transfer within episodes in TWD.
But this... this is just a piece of crap. I'd really like to enjoy story, saspens, dynamic battles and so on, but how could I if game hangs for 5-10 seconds each time it saves progress?
How can I play the game in which I get freezes for 2 seconds at each aspect change in battle?
How can I enjoy plot when I constantly get this slu-slu-slu-ttering sound in dialogues?

The ending was a cherry at this whole piece of crap (not making it a cake, though). 15 minutes of such drama, but... surprise - no sound, only looped music.
And after all my console just became unresponsive.
As a developer myself I can't understand, how could you spit into faces of your customers like this. Is 8-15 hours of sanity costs so much? Or you knew about all the performance issues and let this game to release in such raw state?
Next time I'll turn on PS3 - I will delete this crap and it's saves.
I really regret of spent time and money. And this is the last game from TTG I bought.
Good luck being douchebags.

Comments

• leans back in chair

• edited December 2015

Okay, criticizing the game is one thing, but you just insulted the entire company, which makes YOU look like the bad guy here, not them. Your entire post just lost any weight it might've carried. It would also help your case if you used proper English in a post that's clearly meant to insult and not be constructive at all.

• insulted the entire company

• edited December 2015

insulted the entire company

No, I didn't. If you read carefully, you'll notice that this was addressed only to the people responsible for this game being so raw on PS3.

And let me make it clear - I don't care. There's no "my case", I don't want anything for them, than just tell this guys what I think of them. You recognized this as insult? Good, because the whole game was an insult for me.

P.S. And yes, I think It's pretty constructive. The message is - "test your goddamn games before release", if it's not clear enough.

Okay, criticizing the game is one thing, but you just insulted the entire company, which makes YOU look like the bad guy here, not them. You

• He got a Point there. The Last gen versions ARE Running like shit. TftBL EP. 5 was probably the Worst Running TTG to Date. It Loads 10-20 seconds between QTEs. It sucked But i still enjoy it. It would help immensely If TTG wouldn't Save before every fucking QTE. Because the autosaving causes the stuttering. It's Even more funny Because you can't fail some QTEs. But Minecraft Story Mode Runs Pretty smoothly though.

• Well, auto saves is not the cause. Optimization is the cause. And I really don't understand how they can release something like this. It's clearly not something missed by QA - you just CAN'T miss those issues, they are obvious in first 10 minutes of the game.

What is more curious - there's nearly a year passed since first episode has released. And they not fixed it, with each episode it's just getting worse.

GSSalvador posted: »

He got a Point there. The Last gen versions ARE Running like shit. TftBL EP. 5 was probably the Worst Running TTG to Date. It Loads 10-20 se

• Game isn't too hot on the PS4 either. I've run into plenty of glitches of different kinds, from episode 1 to 6. And let's not forget they let this happen in the PS4 version of Tales.

enter link description here

How that got past QA is beyond me. It's like the port team didn't even know which version they were working on at the time.

• I feel it all comes down to the engine. They're just constanly updating the same old engine from 2004 which, from my understanding, can lead to optimization issues when porting to consoles. A fine example of this would be Duke Nukem Forever. They used either Unreal 1 or 2, but kept updating it throughout the years, adding on shit that the engine wasn't even meant to be compatible with, which resulted in the terrible console ports. DNF both ran and looked like shit on the PS3 and especially 360.

• Good luck being douchebags.

Edgy.

• Agreed. Not on the douche bag part, but they need to work on fixing these issues that plague their games. I feel at any second the TT engine will just go crazy after an awkward loading time and everything on screen will explode. I cringe at QTEs and pray the game will stop fucking up. It's dissapointing, but I still love their games.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.