Rodrik/Asher's Fate in S2

After the incredible wounds they suffered during the Battle of Ironrath do YOU think they'll end up surviving or being deceased mid-way through Episode 1?

For me, I think they'll only appear in the first ten minutes of Season 2 and pass on..

The reason why is because of the wounds, such as:

Rodrik

• Stabbed by Gryff/Ludd with Knife/Spear
  • Hit with crossbow by Gryff
  • Stabbed by Harys, then again then again
  • Hit by arrow
  • Kicked around by Harys
  • Sliced by Whitehill soldiers

Asher

• Stabbed by Gwyn/Whitehill Soldier
  • Stabbed by Harys, then again then again
  • Hit by arrow
  • Kicked around by Harys
  • Sliced by Whitehill soldiers

Given what they did to the brother who stayed behind, these wounds were more severe.

As much as I want them to live, they won't.. it'd be a miracle for them to survive that amount of wounds plus bleeding out when fleeing from battle.

Iron From Ice.

Comments

• I think they'll both live, but they might both be moved to the role of non-PC's.

• What would be the point (from a writers perspective) to have them barely survive the battle, make it to Talia and Duncan/Royland just to die. @DavetheArakin said if they kill Asher/Rodrik they kill the plot, and I agree with him. Asher/Rodrik are basically the main character of the story. They represent House Forrester and the entire storyline. Them dying near the end or at the end is a definite possibility but killing them any sooner than that would be stupid.

• People thought the same thing about Robb Stark.

AgentZ46 posted: »

What would be the point (from a writers perspective) to have them barely survive the battle, make it to Talia and Duncan/Royland just to die

• Yeh but he had seasons then died. Ino eventually THEY WILL DIE but not now its too sudden and we've only had a season with these characters we have come to connect with.

People thought the same thing about Robb Stark.

• Yes but that actually served a purpose and put the story in a certain direction. Rodrik/Asher would just take away, no logical reason to kill them off that early.

People thought the same thing about Robb Stark.

• Highly doubt they will die in the first episode, I have faith Telltale will keep them alive until the story needs them dead, or who knows, maybe they wont die at all. Bwum bwum BWWWWWWUM.

• I think at most we'll play as them for one episode, then Talia takes over, but it could just be that Talia's playable from the start and they die quickly.

No-one should be able to survive the wounds they got without immediate medical attention in the world of game of thrones (and rodrik's already survived unrealistically before, doing so again would be ridiculous).

• It would be really retarded if Rodrik/Asher were to pass on in the first ten minutes of S2, No Just No.

• But the problem is how TellTale is going to work this out. Asher/Rodrik are the ones that does represent House Forrester, but since they are both determinant...well, it is going to be a bit difficult to put them as the main character of S2.

What would be the point (from a writers perspective) to have them barely survive the battle, make it to Talia and Duncan/Royland just to die

• They kinda did succeed with Episode 6.

There are a lot of ways they can do this. Maybe have Talia be the main POV character while Rodrik/Asher stays as an NPC for now. In the fourth or final episode of the Season 2, we get to play them again.

But the problem is how TellTale is going to work this out. Asher/Rodrik are the ones that does represent House Forrester, but since they are both determinant...well, it is going to be a bit difficult to put them as the main character of S2.

• No, doing so again would make sense. The reason Rodrik survived The Red Wedding is that he has Wolverine-like powers. Now, after the battle of Ironrath he/Asher will use the special powers the Forresters have again.

Flog61 posted: »

I think at most we'll play as them for one episode, then Talia takes over, but it could just be that Talia's playable from the start and the

• So it was retarded when Omid died?

It would be really retarded if Rodrik/Asher were to pass on in the first ten minutes of S2, No Just No.

• Omid wasn't the main playable character.

IR0NR4TH posted: »

So it was retarded when Omid died?

• edited December 2015

Difference is, Omid wasn't the main protagonist in S1 of TWD

IR0NR4TH posted: »

So it was retarded when Omid died?

• Season 2 was Twd was a mess.

• True

They kinda did succeed with Episode 6. There are a lot of ways they can do this. Maybe have Talia be the main POV character while Rodrik/Asher stays as an NPC for now. In the fourth or final episode of the Season 2, we get to play them again.

• edited December 2015

I take Ethan's unexpected death at the end of episode 1 of the game to correspond with Ned's unexpected death at the end of season 1, meaning the Forresters' storyline is sort of following the Starks' demise, but moving at a much quicker pace than the show. By that reasoning, this is about the right time for the Asher/Rodrik/Robb character to die. It wouldn't feel sudden to me at all. In fact, it feels to me like Telltale deliberately had Asher/Rodrik survive the finale against all odds and logic, specifically because it seemed so likely he would die. Not to mention, I think it's fairly unlikely the game will go for as many seasons as the show has, especially given the game's story started at the end of season 3 mark in the timeline. So the idea of the characters staying alive for multiple seasons isn't as viable for all of them. Either we get progressively more playable POV characters, like in the books, (and thus less time for each), or they're going to need to kill them off sooner than you'd think, to make room.

Yeh but he had seasons then died. Ino eventually THEY WILL DIE but not now its too sudden and we've only had a season with these characters we have come to connect with.

• Except Rodrik/Asher has been killed off that early - at the end of episode 5.
    So we're not talking about the potential for a specific character's development, we're talking about the interchangeable head of House Forrester. Neither of them are going to be able to progress very much now within the limitations of the game. Apart from possibly something to do with Gwyn or Elaena, I'm not even sure what they would do, especially given the extent of their injuries. At best, if they don't die, I think they'll become NPCs, like Mira potentially, and possibly just disappear for a while with Duncan/Royland. Maybe there will be a choice in the first episode which results in either their death or them going to ground while they heal properly (then they reappear later).
    I guess the purpose of getting rid of Rodrik/Asher would be to shift the focus properly onto Talia and Ryon and the long road to building House Forrester back up. Rodrik/Asher symbolises the dregs of House Forrester's failure too much for them to hang around. Maybe if they manage to kill Ludd/Gryff early that will be enough closure for the season 1 arc, so they can let Rodrik/Asher go, in favour of moving forward in a new direction with the others.

Yes but that actually served a purpose and put the story in a certain direction. Rodrik/Asher would just take away, no logical reason to kill them off that early.

• Yes and no. Iam not sure in what direction the story will continue, but in my opinion Rodrik/Asher wont be playable characters in season 2, at least not until the last 1 or 2 episodes. I mean take Rodrik as example when he was badly injured in episode 2. He came back to Ironrath und had a maester which is experienced with such wounds. Back then the maester took care of him and he could sleep in a bed, he had time to heal. "Now" his wounds are worse (imo) and he probably has internal bleeding after Harys moved that sword while he was impaled, Iam no expert but I think something like that gives you internal bleeding. Even if we assume his wounds are not killing him he probably cant walk around and do something. I mean in the tv-show I would say: yes its possible that they tell us a story about someone badly injured and constantly needing help from others, since they did something similar with Bran. But would the average-player like to play a game about someone like Bran who doesnt has the ability to worg into animals? I mean "I" will play anygame Telltale publishes, but Iam not sure if a story like that would be "exciting enough" for some people. Some people even complained about playing Rodrik since he had some handicap, now its even worse and they have do experience something like that again. Maybe Iam bothering too much about people who doesnt appreciate this awesome game series.

Yes killing Rodrik/Asher would probably kill a big part of the plot, but I keep asking myself: What plot is going the happen in season 2? Does season 2 "need" Asher/Rodrik as lord of half burned and slaughtered Ironrath? Iam nor sure, but I think Talia will be one of the playable characters, trying to find help for Rodrik/Asher and trying to find a new home or at least refuge somewhere. Iam not sure if Asher/Rodrik will survive, but I really really hope he will since Rodrik is my favourite character and playing Ryon instead would be kinda strange for me, I mean hes 6 or 7 years old, there wouldnt be any badass fighting scenes like with Rodrik and Asher and the dialogues would be kinda strange I guess since people like Royland or Duncan would be actually the people who would act and speak for him. This last scene with Ryon kinda gave me the message: This boy will be the new lord and the last hope for house Forresters future. I hope you dont get me wrong I really like almost every character of this game, but I dont want to play some of the characters which are either too young or which have a very particular personality already. In short: There are so many possibilities of how this story could continue and of course its still Game of Thrones, I hope they wont kill them off in episode 1 after letting us worry about them for 1 or 2 years (I dont know when they will continue with this series). After typing all this I have do admit I almost agree with you^^

Yes but that actually served a purpose and put the story in a certain direction. Rodrik/Asher would just take away, no logical reason to kill them off that early.

• Assuming they have their own isolated story, I imagine we would actually play as Beskha protecting Ryon, rather than as Ryon himself, exactly because of his young age. At least for now.

StarOwl posted: »

Yes and no. Iam not sure in what direction the story will continue, but in my opinion Rodrik/Asher wont be playable characters in season 2,

• Probably at the end of the episode. Like Ethan.

It would be really retarded if Rodrik/Asher were to pass on in the first ten minutes of S2, No Just No.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.