I was wondering...

What would have happened, had Jack not turned on the Vault Hunters at the beginning of BL2. Dialogue in episode 3 of this game with Jack made me wonder. The Vault Hunters there don't exactly seem to have a strong moral compass and only seem to befriend the Crimson Raiders because they both hated Jack. If Jack had not tried to kill them, what do you think would have happened to each character.

Axton would definitely get a kick out of working for Jack. He is in it for glory and money. Working for Jack would offer both.
Zer0 is in it for the challenge. Searching for the Vault and taking down Jack's enemies would definitely prove to be a challenge worth pursuing for him.
Maya would definitely defect to the Crimson Raiders after a while. She seems to be the only one in the crew that has a moral compass and the stuff that she would be ordered to do by Jack would probably ware on her.
Jack says he likes Salvador, despite what he did to his Hyperion people. I think Salvador, being the only person in the crew native to Pandora would probably eventually sway him toward the Crimson Raiders.
Gaige seems fascinated by Jack's occupation on Pandora. I think if Jack praises her Deathtrap enough she would be charmed into working for him.
Kreig would not follow Jack imo, not even if Maya did.

So pretty much Zer0, Axton, and Gaige I believe would stay with Jack if he didn't betray them, and Sal, Krieg, and Maya would eventually defect(Well Krieg wouldn't even start working for Jack).

What do you think would happen?

Comments

• Iunno, probably kill him anyway and all go out for milkshakes.

• edited December 2015

Roland would (maybe) still be alive and a small tiny piece of my grudge to Handsome Jack wouldn't be there.

• In a nicer world than Borderlands 2 was set in, Jack could've hired Maya to help Angel with her abilities instead of what he actually did. Gaige could've interned with Gladstone.

And as you said anyone who was a little too bandit-esque could've been given the "hand them some stock options and point them at someone else" treatment.

• edited December 2015

You got a brain of the size of a planet, don't give me a simple Idunno!

Poogers555 posted: »

Iunno, probably kill him anyway and all go out for milkshakes.

• This is actually a very good question... In fact, it would've been awesome to see how it would go. Also, keeping in mind Wilhelm could've lived if this happened could mean they'd be really powerful. Especially since it's technically canon on how Gaige's Deathtrap being able to traverse through solid objects. Just think if Wilhelm upgraded himself with her Deathtrap technology. :D

• they would find the warrior and jack would rule pandora

• I think if Jack was going to change the way he did things, it would have had to happen a lot sooner than BL2. I kinda feel that he gained a borderline serial killer mentality of being a sociopath, considering the route his life took at an early age.

So really, even if he didn't betray the Vault Hunters, he was prone to do something later on in the game to somebody else.

• You've seen Game Theory haven't you?

I think if Jack was going to change the way he did things, it would have had to happen a lot sooner than BL2. I kinda feel that he gained a

• edited December 2015

Is there one for Borderlands? O.o hunts

EDIT: Oh snap. xD I feel psychic now. (I used to love reading up documentaries about serial killers and criminal behavior. Don't judge.)

You've seen Game Theory haven't you?

• Oh no I won't judge. Documentaries like that catch the interest of people. Honestly impressed you could tell the Borderline syndrome on your own. It's quite amazing to wonder how everything would've gone if Lilith and Moxxi didn't betray him and smash the relic in his face. That way alot of events wouldn't have occured and he wouldn't have Borderline syndrome. (Seriously amazing writing on their end for quite possible giving the villain Borderline in a game called Borderlands. Also, props to Dameon Clarke who portrays Jack.)

Is there one for Borderlands? O.o hunts EDIT: Oh snap. xD I feel psychic now. (I used to love reading up documentaries about serial killers and criminal behavior. Don't judge.)

• edited December 2015

The palce I grew up happened to be close to where a lot of prominent serial killers had lurked at one point. Plus my mother had the pleasure of scooping up a few victims when she was worked EMS ... It's probably really morbid, but that stuff always kinda fascinated me.

What made Tales so difficult to play when it concerned Jack was that you knew what happened to him, and you knew where all the animosity was coming from ... but there was no way to stop it. And even if you did pick his side, he wound up going looney in the end anyway. Judging his reaction when somebody mentioned his first wife, I think he may have actually held it all together if she had actually survived like maybe she was the one tangible thing he could really hold onto.

It feels like he went spinning into a downward spiral when she was ripped from his life. Moxxi, Lilith, and Rolan just broke the big pieces into even smaller ones.

Oh no I won't judge. Documentaries like that catch the interest of people. Honestly impressed you could tell the Borderline syndrome on your

Sign in to comment in this discussion.