How honestly do see the Batman game being?

Let's be realistic - Telltale isn't known for producing fighting games.
Their games all point-and-click adventure games, with the course of the game being determined by what choices the player makes.

So how honestly is the game gonna be?
How can Telltale, in their typical MO, do justice to the Batman story/ characters?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2015

I think that this could actually be a good choice for Telltale, as Batman is known as "the world's greatest detective", but that aspect hasn't been shown in video games that much.

There actually already was a point and click adventure Batman game, Batman Returns for DOS, that had you investigate crimes and use the computer in the Batcave to help in the investigation and track down subjects. The game had moments of action, which were fights where you could use objects from your utility belt (much like Telltale's system in Minecraft: Story Mode), and then you could interrogate the subjects after taking them down. But the majority of the game focused on Batman's wits over fists. It's considered one of the best Batman games of the classic video game era.

A modern take on a game like this could be a lot of fun. I don't honestly see Telltale having much variation on the investigation part (it'll probably be similar to A Wolf Among Us, where the investigation was very on-the-rails, although I'd love to be proven wrong), but the interrogation aspect could lead to some great choices and consequences.

Batman Returns

• A modern take on a game like this could be a lot of fun. I don't honestly see Telltale having much variation on the investigation part (it'll probably be similar to A Wolf Among Us, where the investigation was very on-the-rails, although I'd love to be proven wrong), but the interrogation aspect could lead to some great choices and consequences.

I agree, making choices in more detailed investigations would be super cool.

Jennifer posted: »

I think that this could actually be a good choice for Telltale, as Batman is known as "the world's greatest detective", but that aspect hasn

• You know I hate to be that guy, but if they were to upgrade their engine this would be the perfect opportunity to. Seeing the BvS trailer there is a great opportunity to have some great flowing action sequences. I'd liked it to be more character based, and I agree with op about interogation, but at some point you have to have a fight sequence... or 5... because you know... Batman!

• This. And it's actually my greatest fear in the project. WE all know, that TTG will Do an excellent Job, recreating the characters from it's Source Material. But the Action sequences Are STILL their biggest weakness. Or should i say the engines biggest weakness? The endfight in TftBL EP. 5 was the best One yet, But it runs pretty...bad on Xbox One. At One Point or another TTG NEED to optimize the Engine correctly. They would gain their Reputation from TWDS1 back If they say: "This is our first Original IP for years, And it will Start the Next Generation of Story-driven And Decision making games with the New "Telltale Tool 2.0". It just needs to Happen. Sooner rather than later.

Jake360 posted: »

You know I hate to be that guy, but if they were to upgrade their engine this would be the perfect opportunity to. Seeing the BvS trailer th

• A Wolf Among Us never had investigations.

A modern take on a game like this could be a lot of fun. I don't honestly see Telltale having much variation on the investigation part (it'l

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There where lots of investigations throughout the game such as looking for clues in the alley after we found Faiths head, interviewing Toad in his apartment, looking at the murder scene in the open arms hotel, searching for clues in Crane's apartment, Holly's bar or Dee's office, going to the paws shop and the butchers, visiting Aunty Greenleaf's apartment and several other places.

All the investigations at these locations where very "on rails" which means they will always happen the same way so it would be cool if Telltale could offer some more dynamic investigations in the Batman game.

A Wolf Among Us never had investigations.

• The Wolf Among Us had. A Wolf Among Us never had any.

You didn't get the joke :P again

Sign in to comment in this discussion.