Artistic Direction/Style?

I'm curious what people are hoping will be the look and feel for the Batman game. While there was that great piece of concept art so far in the trailer, where do you imagine Telltale will take it?

I'm personally always hoping for it to ooze the color schemes of Bruce Timm's work on the animated series, particularly his backdrop work and classic character designs (a great short in his aesthetic: ). In particular I'd love to see the characters back in classic costumes rather than their new designs, almost bringing it back to that noire classic detective story. I think it'd even be really interesting keeping it in a mostly black and white palate with some bold colors or at least very moody. I'd love strong color blocking in lieu of realism

Comments

• I feel like it's going with a TWAU-esque vibe.

• edited December 2015

I asked this a while ago. I thought of a Noire art style but I don't know if everyone would really like that.

• Like Blues & Bullets?

AgentZ46 posted: »

I asked this a while ago. I thought of a Noire art style but I don't know if everyone would really like that.

• I'm thinking the Batman Telltale art style will be something like Wolf/Walking Dead: Season 2, but with a more gritty and dark color scheme. I can't see them outright going all black and white, but I could see them trying to do something a bit more subtle than, say, Wolf Among Us where the artstyle was drenched in inky neon colors. Telltale has previously mentioned they experimented with a black and white color scheme during Walking Dead: Season 1, but they found that using color was better.

• edited December 2015

I would love for artstyle to be similiar to TWAU, but black and white with some parts made in color. (like blood, eyes etc.) Kinda like on this picture:

enter image description here

• Similarly. Blues & Bullets uniquely uses red colours. I don't see Batman doing that.

Like Blues & Bullets?

• Definitely not GoT "living oil painting" style. Please no. Has to be a living comic, like Archer, but with darker colors.

• I would prefer realistic, but the shitty Telltale engine could not handle that. My second preference would be the Wolf Among us style.

• Something akin to a comic book, though I think looking exactly like WAU would be the wrong way to go. It really depends on the sort of time period the game is set in, modern or dated.

• The gun and Bruce (?) drawing from the announcement look like it will be a very similar style to TWAU. (Or Tales from the Borderlands with a winter color palette)

Announcment

I hope they manage to work those ink wash transitions into the actual game somehow. They are really beautiful.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.