What does the traitor say....

If you do everything he asks and don't bungle the betrothal?

So say I picked Royland as Sentinel but I kissed the ring, stayed down, brought Duncan to Highpoint, left the Glenmores at Ironrath, and won Elaena's hand. What would Duncan say I did that was reckless?

Comments

• His head explodes.

• I think he will mention if you starved the Whitehill soldiers, your reaction to Ludd's deal in Highpoint if you insulted him or accused him of extortion (i dont know if this is real)

Someone should make a video where Ethan pick one or them and during the rest of the game Rodrik make exactly what the other one want

• This is just fun.

Duncan's quote when Rodrik follows his advice.

"Kissing Ludd's ring, even though you knew he'll love it!"

"Flagrantly staying in the mud and following my advice!"

"Taking ME to Highpoint when the day called for diplomacy!"

• So what happens if you gave them wine and was courteous and accepting of Ludd's deal?

I think he will mention if you starved the Whitehill soldiers, your reaction to Ludd's deal in Highpoint if you insulted him or accused him

• edited December 2015

Royland's Version--Full agro:
    "Kissing Ludd's ring, when you knew we had to show strength! Bungling your betrothal to Elaena, it doesn't matter how either of you feel! Lord Glenmore will never let you marry her now. Taking Duncan to Highpoint, and going without any soldiers, despite my every warning. Letting Gryff force you to the ground, without a shred of dignity, hell you even managed to get Arthur killed!"

Duncan's version--full agro:
    "Refusing to kiss Ludd's ring, even though you knew he'd retaliate! Bungling your betrothal to Elaena, it doesn't matter how either of you feel -- Lord Glenmore will never let you marry her now! Flagrantly defying Gryff, and leaving Ortengryn to pay the price! Taking Royland and the Glenmore soldiers to Highpoint, when the day called for diplomacy! And now, getting Arthur killed..."

Edit: I didn't mean to do this as a reply. Sorry Dave :P

This is just fun. Duncan's quote when Rodrik follows his advice. "Kissing Ludd's ring, even though you knew he'll love it!" "Flagra

• What? Really?

This is just fun. Duncan's quote when Rodrik follows his advice. "Kissing Ludd's ring, even though you knew he'll love it!" "Flagra

• Yeah but what do they say if you follow all of their advice?

DillonDex posted: »

Royland's Version--Full agro: "Kissing Ludd's ring, when you knew we had to show strength! Bungling your betrothal to Elaena, it doesn't m

• As I said, just for fun that I made up, if you follow the traitor's advice. :P

What? Really?

• edited December 2015

Just generic, nothingness really.

Duncan says. "Pushing this house to war against all common sense!" That's it. Then he just resumes, "And now, getting Arthur killed..."

Royland says, "Letting this house get pushed around without any dignity!" Then, again, "And now, getting Arthur killed..."

Yeah but what do they say if you follow all of their advice?

• I think Royland's version is more like "Hell you even managed to get Arthur killed!"

But otherwise, thanks for clarifying it, Dillon. :)

Just generic, nothingness really. Duncan says. "Pushing this house to war against all common sense!" That's it. Then he just resumes, "An

• Oh, yeah, that's it!

And no problem :)

I think Royland's version is more like "Hell you even managed to get Arthur killed!" But otherwise, thanks for clarifying it, Dillon.

• Well, thanks for the clarification.

It's pretty crappy that it's not dependent on your choices as Rodrik, all they'd have to do is add a few lines like, "My brother Ethan named you his Sentinel!" and the traitor replying that they weren't listened to anyway.

Just generic, nothingness really. Duncan says. "Pushing this house to war against all common sense!" That's it. Then he just resumes, "An

• Yeah I pretty much named Duncan my Sentinel but followed Royland's advice all the time and when he was outed as the traitor he really didn't have much of a leg to stand on -- less then Rodrik, in fact -- when he was saying we were bringing the House to ruin. It's even worse when Royland goes "Ethan was weak!" when before Ethan even named anyone his Sentinel, Royland was potentially praising the boy as "standing up to him like a true lord".

It honestly bothers me that Telltale Games do this but then I play for their base story on the first playthrough and then adjust it according to how I would headcanon it afterwards to make it more to my taste (but not without drama). I did it for TWD as well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.