Determinants..

I was surprised that Asher/Rodrik survived the season but I'm worried what will happen in the 2nd season. I don't think I can continue playing GOT if they kill off either Asher or Rodrik or no longer focus on them. I will also be absolutely livid if they kill Asher/Rodrik on the 1st episode. What does the community have to say about these determinants specifically. Although I'm also a little crossed about Mira as well.

Comments

• I wonder what will happen to Finn(if you leave him behind),Bowen(if you didn't see him die by Harys),Erik(if you didnt see him die by Harys), and Bloodsong.

• edited December 2015

[removed]

• edited December 2015

I left Finn behind, and nothing happens. He simply doesn't die and you never see him again. My friend kept Bloodsong alive, and the same; nothing different besides him showing himself briefly to tell Asher he denied him a good death.

• Sorry I meant if they will die or not. I know what they say if you keep them alive.

• Well I don't think we will see Finn again, and I believe Bloodsong dies off screen at the final episode.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Sorry I meant if they will die or not. I know what they say if you keep them alive.

• I think a lot of people were surprised that Asher/Rodrik survived for episode 6. I wasn't because if they had killed either of them off at the very beginning, it would have meant that there was no one to take charge of the inevitable battle. They gave us one of the hardest decisions to make when choosing which brother would be saved. It would have been meaningless if the surviving brother died shortly afterwards. When they give us a hard choice like that they want to show some kind of impact. Who better really than the surviving brother. Besides if the remaining brother had died so soon, who would have become the playable character? Who would have tried to save Ryon? To lead the pit fighters against the Whitehills? Would we have played as Ryon in his bid to escape? Or maybe Talia? Could you seriously see Talia leading the pitfighters or any fighters for that matter in the battle of Ironrath? It would be easy for Telltale to have said "ok we're going to kill the surviving brother at the battle of Ironrath". That would have been far too predictable, far better to leave us with a cliff hanger does he live or does he die?

As for Mira I was disappointed that they gave us an option to have her executed. Story wise it does make sense. However I think Mira can grow so much as a character and at times I couldn't help but think that if it wasn't for her, things would be a whole lot worse for the others. At times it felt like she was the only one who was making any positive progress, while still being helpless at times, she still seemed less helpless than some of the other characters. While I appreciate that they tried to give us a choice to make that literally the difference between life and death, I do have to wonder if it will matter in the long run. Will we even get to play as Mira if we kept her alive. I hope we do, I think it would make for an interesting dilemma. Mira would have to be even more cunning and sneaky than ever if she still wants to have a hand in the game and of course to ultimately get revenge on Morgryn and try to help her family.

• edited December 2015

Not quite following you for the 1st part. All I'm saying is I'll be disappointed if they kill off Asher or Rodrik early 2nd season or if they don't have them as playable characters in the 2nd season. And sure it's predictable although that never stopped telltale before; plenty of predictable deaths, most of which are because they are determinant. I really hate what direction they choose to take Mira's story. Did (ALMOST) nothing purposeful as far as plot goes. And her life is in danger to begin with only because the guard she is accused of killing (which isn't always the case) was the very same guard out to kill you.

I think a lot of people were surprised that Asher/Rodrik survived for episode 6. I wasn't because if they had killed either of them off at

• Besides if the remaining brother had died so soon, who would have become the playable character? Who would have tried to save Ryon? To lead the pit fighters against the Whitehills? Would we have played as Ryon in his bid to escape? Or maybe Talia? Could you seriously see Talia leading the pitfighters or any fighters for that matter in the battle of Ironrath?

Those aren't relevant questions. No one's implying that. If they were going to kill off Rodrik/Asher in episode 6, they obviously would have done it at the end, not at the start before any of that happened. The problem with this 'cliffhanger' is that it's not one, given we know Rodrik/Asher will have to either die or disappear off-screen pretty soon anyway, because of the limitations of the game. They've just postponed it to early next season. Now they could plausible keep Rodrik/Asher alive and even given them different storylines next season, but that would result in either a much longer wait between episodes (because there's a lot more work to do) or much shorter episodes. Personally I feel like they might have been better off killing Rodrik/Asher at the end, just to close off the season arc better, rather than letting it drag on.

I think a lot of people were surprised that Asher/Rodrik survived for episode 6. I wasn't because if they had killed either of them off at

• Which is exactly why determinant characters are such predictable deaths. I was happy to see them break the routine but that's only if Asher/ Rodrik remain as characters. If A/R die soon after or disappear off screen to live the remainder of Asher's or Rodrik's life I would be absolutely disappointed because nothing would have changed. Your right that making more scenes for multiple characters would take longer, but that's what Telltale is missing on these "choices matter" because even though I've enjoyed Telltale games since TWD1 I'm growing tierd of predicting most of the game without playing. Although I'll give Telltale this: they are good at changing the plot completely and unpredictably to fit their 1 true plot.

Besides if the remaining brother had died so soon, who would have become the playable character? Who would have tried to save Ryon? To lead

• Not a big fan of em.

I had a hard time picking Asher or Rodrik, wonderful characters in their own ways. But I picked Rodrik since he was the current lord. I throw a hissy fit if they kill em straight out in Season 2. But seeing how woudned Rodrik was, I presume Asher be the same and probably siting in bed in next season for several episodes until he, I guess might leave the bed in the last episode of Season 2 for some epic show down again, So Rodrik or Asher returns at the end maybe. Or dies.

I say it do not cost more time to do branching storylines, Telltale just need to chill down with all these shitty IPs they make games for. GoT and Walking Dead is without a doubt, the biggest IPs they have. Borderlands? Minecraft? Eh. One is a glorified FPS "RPG" game with bad humour and tons of "memes", cultural references and the other is a sandbox game that was a odd idea to begine with. I hope they know where to put their resources.

• edited December 2015

I think they should do a small time skip to make Ryon older, and so that Asher/Rodrik would have time to recover. I do believe that it would take longer to make separate scenes for Asher and Rodrik but that's the whole purpose of "choices matter". I also don't think it should be a problem since that is the purpose of these games (or atleast they market it that way). Illusionary choices are abit insulting..

Not a big fan of em. I had a hard time picking Asher or Rodrik, wonderful characters in their own ways. But I picked Rodrik since he was

• Have you even played Tales from the Borderlands? It's probably one of, if not their best game to date. It isn't filled with memes and the humor is genuine, you gotta give it a shot.

Not a big fan of em. I had a hard time picking Asher or Rodrik, wonderful characters in their own ways. But I picked Rodrik since he was

• Problem is, can they put in a time skip long enough to make Ryon more of a "man"? They cannot go ahead of the TV-show sadly.

• I haven't, and I do not intend to. I do not want to support that IP anymore after knowing Gearbox work behind Colonial Marines and some other things. Cause I presume they own the IP. The little I seen it looked super silly to. Some woman slicing up some fat woman with a dagger and...well Telltales engine do not end up well in such fast phased action oriented scenes. What is the selling point in it?

dojo32161 posted: »

Have you even played Tales from the Borderlands? It's probably one of, if not their best game to date. It isn't filled with memes and the humor is genuine, you gotta give it a shot.

• Not sure but isn't the show a few seasons ahead of the 1st season?

Problem is, can they put in a time skip long enough to make Ryon more of a "man"? They cannot go ahead of the TV-show sadly.

• edited January 2016

I enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands because I like the actual game and I'm hoping that I'll see them again in bl3. As far as choices, and plot.. weak sauce.. Humour was there though.. Also just realized this is not in reply to Dojo.. will pay more attention in future

dojo32161 posted: »

Have you even played Tales from the Borderlands? It's probably one of, if not their best game to date. It isn't filled with memes and the humor is genuine, you gotta give it a shot.

• Season 6 debutes in April.

Telltales game start at the end of Season 3 with the Red Wedding. From what I heard it lasts until the start of Season 5 I think.

Mr-Soybean posted: »

Not sure but isn't the show a few seasons ahead of the 1st season?

• Well if you both say it is nice, I might try it out sometime when I can afford buying it on sale, I filled my quota of steam sales games for now...x_x

I enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands because I like the actual game and I'm hoping that I'll see them again in bl3. As far as choices, and p

• Deff a lot of time for the Forresters to slowly get picked off.. Still gives some time for a time skip atleast.. however small.

Season 6 debutes in April. Telltales game start at the end of Season 3 with the Red Wedding. From what I heard it lasts until the start of Season 5 I think.

• I enjoyed TftB but I can't say iI'll play it a 2nd time.

Well if you both say it is nice, I might try it out sometime when I can afford buying it on sale, I filled my quota of steam sales games for now...x_x

• I see about trying it some time then.

I enjoyed TftB but I can't say iI'll play it a 2nd time.

• Yeah, very small so Ryon won't age much. But with how things end up in the tv-show. Margaery and Olenna might be more keen to support anti-Bolton houses, which Forrester is! And indirectly by being against Bolton you are against Lannister and the Tyrells...well after Season 5 I am sure they are not on the best of terms.

Deff a lot of time for the Forresters to slowly get picked off.. Still gives some time for a time skip atleast.. however small.

• edited December 2015

Your really knowledgeable about the tv series, thank you 4 insight! Wish I picked up on such things.. Maybe I should stop smoking weed when I watch..

Yeah, very small so Ryon won't age much. But with how things end up in the tv-show. Margaery and Olenna might be more keen to support anti-B

• Haha :)

I been binge watching it pretty much the last month or so. 5 season. Im an unemployed Nordic so I got plenty of time. Got tired of Walking Dead so started to watch Game of Thrones.

House Tyrell got fucked over a bit in Season 5 by Lannisters so it might cause for Margaery to support her old handmaiden a bit more. If she is alive or if she is a woman of vengeance. That ironwood is in better hands at the Tyrells. I hope Olenna is in Season 2, She is a old woman but one damn hillarious old woman who is probably one of the most dangerous women in the whole realm.

Your really knowledgeable about the tv series, thank you 4 insight! Wish I picked up on such things.. Maybe I should stop smoking weed when I watch..

• edited December 2015

I really want the 6th season 2 start. Finished 5th season AWHILE AGO and I'm beginning to forget details. I want to see Jamie get vengeance for his daughter!

Haha I been binge watching it pretty much the last month or so. 5 season. Im an unemployed Nordic so I got plenty of time. Got tired of

• edited January 2016

This gonna be a chaotic season. Lannister looks to be in a very bad position. They might have three greater houses at their neck.

Tyrells for what Cersei did to Maergary and her brother.
    Martells for...well the event with Elia, Oberyn and other Martells but also the Lannister needing to show they do not tolerate attempts on the lives of Lannisters. Even if the prince in Dorne was friendly towards Jamie, others want war.
    And if Jon Snow is resurrected, he might push for removing the Boltons and wreck havoc on the corrupt Night's Watch. With the backing of most of the North as a Stark bastard, the survival of Sansa and a wildling army who will probably see him as the first Stark in thousand years as an ally. We never saw Stannis dying either and Starks and Baratheons are not on bad terms.

And with a Lannister incesteous bastard on the throne! We have the Targaryen Queen on the rise in Essos. So 3 great houses might go against them and a angry queen of a old great house with the Lannister dwarf who killed the partriarch of the Lannisters. War is brewing in the stew and Winter is here.

I really want the 6th season 2 start. Finished 5th season AWHILE AGO and I'm beginning to forget details. I want to see Jamie get vengeance for his daughter!

• Dude, you are missing out. I wasn't even a fan of the Borderland games on the PS3, but I loved TFTB big time.

I haven't, and I do not intend to. I do not want to support that IP anymore after knowing Gearbox work behind Colonial Marines and some othe

• I don't know how I'd feel about Jon getting resurrected. Also we can't also forget Reek getting possible vengeance on Ramsey (Wishful thinking)

This gonna be a chaotic season. Lannister looks to be in a very bad position. They might have three greater houses at their neck. Tyrell

• Good for a few laughs IMO

RKOLegend1 posted: »

Dude, you are missing out. I wasn't even a fan of the Borderland games on the PS3, but I loved TFTB big time.

• edited January 2016

Psychos tend to end up deader than dead. I have a feeling Theon will have his vengeance, or Sansa...someone will get Ramsay Bolton. The Boltons will feel the wrath of the North. The Walders will feel the wrath of the gods on the other hand for breaking the oath of Bread and Salt I believe it is called. When you serve it to a guest, you welcome them into your household as a dignified guest and not an enemy! That breaks the will of the gods.

Melissandre is pleasingly close or how to put it. She can try to raise him as she seen another priest of the Fire god do before. She also saw the potentiality in the man or so she said. Some say he is the one. Also he has officially died and been betrayed. So he is free of the Night's Watch schackles of not having title, land nor wife.

I don't know how I'd feel about Jon getting resurrected. Also we can't also forget Reek getting possible vengeance on Ramsey (Wishful thinking)

• edited January 2016

Doesn't someone have to bring him back soon after dying? Besides a white walkers. I had no idea breaking bread and salt is breaking the will of the gods.. Sounds bad considering how gods effect that universe. Random question but do you think "The Hound" is dead?

Psychos tend to end up deader than dead. I have a feeling Theon will have his vengeance, or Sansa...someone will get Ramsay Bolton. The Bolt

• There was at least four determinant characters (That I can think of,) that survived. 1. Rodrik/Asher Forrester took me a little by surprised when they survived. Moving into season two with Rodrik is the best thing for me. 2. Mira Forrester. 3. Finn. 4. Tazal. (I doubt he'd end up doing something if he survived.)

Also, there was that random Whitehill soldier (In episode one), but I don't know if he counts, seeing how in episode five and six, Whitehills soldiers were murdered. (Also, episode four. Noooo idea about before that, my memory is poor.)

• I don't think much will come out of Finn's character if people didn't bring him (only way of survival) and Tazal wasn't meant to be anything else after that 1 scene you see him in I believe.

RhysAndLee posted: »

There was at least four determinant characters (That I can think of,) that survived. 1. Rodrik/Asher Forrester took me a little by surprised

• I am not sure how White Walkers work but I think they wont raise the dead on the other side of the wall, yet. And I believe this was a subtle line somewhere in the show or I read online. That breaking that pact with your guests is a great sin!

Some say he is alive! We never saw him die, same with Stannis. Ironically we saw a dead Jon Snow but he is likely to come back.

Doesn't someone have to bring him back soon after dying? Besides a white walkers. I had no idea breaking bread and salt is breaking the will

Sign in to comment in this discussion.