Concept Art

I've seen threads already with Molly Maloney's and Derek Stratton's character and environment design work.

Today I also found work by Evan Yovaisis and Christian MacNevin.

Yovaisis' I found particularly interesting because of a single picture that may answer the question of why you could see a building prominently in the intro

MacNevin's gallery also has what appears to be early Finch, Kroger, Cassius and Pollux designs.

Man...I want an art book for this game. And/or a physical release with a physical or digital concept art gallery.

ETA: Bridget Bougan is apparently who we have to thank for the bro-fist

Comments

• A bomb in the cat? Interesting.

• Oh, imagine living in a world where Finch was a sassy midget. What could've been...

• Wow Finch looks different, also I really like that Atlas Base being a giant robot thing.

• I don't even know what to say about Cassius. Is he Doc Brown?

enter image description here

Sasha looks pretty good, August...well, he always had a problem attracting girls.

Vaughn looks like a dictator. Oh wait, that's Pollux, named "Killington". Cool.

• When I see the imagine of Vaughn with Pollux's outfit drawn over him, I can't help but think baby got back.

I don't even know what to say about Cassius. Is he Doc Brown? Sasha looks pretty good, August...well, he always had a problem attracting girls. Vaughn looks like a dictator. Oh wait, that's Pollux, named "Killington". Cool.

• Sexy Cassius.

I don't even know what to say about Cassius. Is he Doc Brown? Sasha looks pretty good, August...well, he always had a problem attracting girls. Vaughn looks like a dictator. Oh wait, that's Pollux, named "Killington". Cool.

• edited January 2016

I love how in the leftmost illustration he's posed off balance and fidgeting and looking generally harmless...and then right next to it he's getting ready to launch his cat-activated eridium bomb.

dojo32161 posted: »

A bomb in the cat? Interesting.

• I hadn't even considered that was Sasha and August, they look so different.

I also found the idea that Vaughn and Pollux have the same model to be really strange, even though I can sort of see it now.

• Oh my god.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

What could have been...

• Are they suppose to be Finch and Kruger?

Pipas posted: »

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. What could have been...

• Seems like it. The funny thing is the hair, glasses, arm and build of the one on the left is actually pretty close to the final Finch.

Are they suppose to be Finch and Kruger?

• Is that a golf club or a whip Vaughn is holding? o.o

• I wanna see the design on these guys in another Season! ;.; too cool.

• That's actually Killington, an early version of Pollux. I thought it was Vaughn too, they just have the same model.

I'm not sure what that's called, but I always see dictators holding it.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Is that a golf club or a whip Vaughn is holding? o.o

• It's a crop. Both it and the jodhpurs are horse riding equipment. Having the money for a horse and 'official' riding equipment has become a sign of being upper class in societies that don't actually use horses for work anymore.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Is that a golf club or a whip Vaughn is holding? o.o

• Oh my god a little mini Finch would have been amazing. Just lee's voice... and then he's like 3 feet tall

I would have been dying inside. Why wasn't this a thing?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

So, this old Kroger design?:

They snuck it in as a cameo in episode 1, when you first land on Pandora:

The model's name is actually Kroger in the files, so that design made it pretty far into development, but I guess they axed it in favor of slick, mustachioed Kroger instead

And finally, this is the reason Kroger's left-handed in the game. A left-over (pun not intended) from when he still had the hook hand.

It all makes sense now

• Im surprised how many different versions of Kroger and Finch there was despite how they weren't that major.

If I had to guess Id say they changed them due to the fact that they were going to be voiced by Adam Harrington and Dave Fennoy

• Totally unrelated, but ...
    I love your Brook avatar. :|
    Bink's sake?

dojo32161 posted: »

A bomb in the cat? Interesting.

• Eeeeeeeeeeee-hehehe!
    Oh, I wish!

Blockb0ys posted: »

Oh my god a little mini Finch would have been amazing. Just lee's voice... and then he's like 3 feet tall I would have been dying inside. Why wasn't this a thing?

• !(http://payload414.cargocollective.com/1/6/208616/10586368/TTG_BORDERLANDS_minotaur005A_670.png)

Is ... Is that what the Traveler could have been?
    That's like a thousand times more terrifying. I wish they used that ...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I'm not too surprised to see the different concepts as lots of things change during production or while writing the story, i would also consider them fairly major as they brought Gortys down to Pandora to open the vault which was an important part of the story.

There are probably lots of other concept changes that we don't see even to the most minor characters in Telltale's games and other games made by different companies.

Poogers555 posted: »

Im surprised how many different versions of Kroger and Finch there was despite how they weren't that major. If I had to guess Id say they changed them due to the fact that they were going to be voiced by Adam Harrington and Dave Fennoy

• Whoa, that is scary...But part of me feels that it lacks the "alien" look of the Traveler we got. It looks more like a mutated human with its legs and one arm.

!(http://payload414.cargocollective.com/1/6/208616/10586368/TTG_BORDERLANDS_minotaur005A_670.png) Is ... Is that what the Traveler could have been? That's like a thousand times more terrifying. I wish they used that ...

• Looks more like a weird sort of bullymong to me...

!(http://payload414.cargocollective.com/1/6/208616/10586368/TTG_BORDERLANDS_minotaur005A_670.png) Is ... Is that what the Traveler could have been? That's like a thousand times more terrifying. I wish they used that ...

• Thanks, I was thinking of Bink's Brew.

Totally unrelated, but ... I love your Brook avatar. Bink's sake?

• edited January 2016

Seems more like some scrapped twisted Frankenstein creation.

• I find it interesting that the file name is Minotaur, especially since there is a labyrinth reference in the episode 5 achievements.

Perhaps the bullymong in Shade's museum was originally meant to prepare new players for what came later.

• I found another one today: Bridget Bougan's blog

She's a Cinematic artist for TTG and has a lot of Vaughn drawings, including a bro-fist animation test

• Isnt the dude on the left, wearing what it looks like the cool glasses you can give to Sasha in episode three?

• That tall box though! XD I love it

• Looks very much like it.

Isnt the dude on the left, wearing what it looks like the cool glasses you can give to Sasha in episode three?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.