The Eldest Bolton

In episode 4 at Highpoint, Ludd mentioned that he couldn't keep up properly with Ironwood production and that the Boltons were unhappy with it (that's why he offered the deal in the first place). However, this plot point was never touched on again even when Ramsay showed up. Thinking about it, Ramsay wouldn't care about ironwood production because it would bore him and Roose was south of the neck, so nothing got done.

But, once Roose returns to the North, he might realise what a hideous mess the Whitehills have made of it (that might be why he sends Torrhen back to Highpoint, to deal with the problem). This could even be how the Forresters get back on their feet: Roose probably couldn't openly support one of his banner man's enemies, but he could probably provide some surreptitious help to Rodrik (some men etc.) to give him a fighting chance. Roose likes to play games with people, and if the Ironwood really was in trouble this doesn't seem too out of character.

So what do you think? Will the Boltons' supply problems return in season 2?

Comments

• I think it is very likely.

• Roose is already back in the North. We saw him arrive back at the Dreadfort in episode 2 of season 4, the same episode as Joffrey's death.

• Ok - sorry for the mistake, I'm more of a book reader than a show watcher so my chronology is pretty poor :D

Roose is already back in the North. We saw him arrive back at the Dreadfort in episode 2 of season 4, the same episode as Joffrey's death.

• edited January 2016

No thanks , we don't wanna get back to Ironrath so we can keep licking boots and serve a traitor and a Kingslayer

The White walkers will invade Westros soon , so it doesn't matter if your House still stands , the White Walkers will destroy everything

Not to mention that Ironwood isn't the only source to make shields and stuff , the Boltons can always use metal

• I think Ironwood is meant to be just as strong and is probably lighter - or why would anyone use Ironwood shields instead of metal?

I'd rather claw my way back to my original position with their help (bear in mind we were willing to work with Ramsay at the start to avoid getting annihilated) than be hunted down by the Whitehills. Considering we have no troops, no money and no allies left, we would need a miracle to beat the Whitehills and considering Lord Glenmore isn't likely to help us out, Roose might be our last shot.

It would just be weird to mention this and never follow up on it.

HelloMyLord posted: »

No thanks , we don't wanna get back to Ironrath so we can keep licking boots and serve a traitor and a Kingslayer The White walkers will

• I think Ironwood is meant to be just as strong and is probably lighter - or why would anyone use Ironwood shields instead of metal?

No matter how strong Ironwood is , metal will be slightly better

In the show , I didn't notice any soliders using Ironwood shields

If you notice in season 1 , the scene when Ned excutes a deserter , Stark Soliders were holding metal shields

Also that guy in the Vale who fought Bronn used a metal shield

And in season 5, Baratheon soliders used metal shields ....

Blockb0ys posted: »

I think Ironwood is meant to be just as strong and is probably lighter - or why would anyone use Ironwood shields instead of metal? I'd r

Sign in to comment in this discussion.