Why Morgryn Might....

Why Morgryn might be an unwitting ally...

Ok so at the end of episode 6 we are faced with a choice between being beheaded or marrying Morgryn. It seems that most people chose to die instead and I can understand why a lot of people would choose this option. I suspect that even if you do choose to save Mira we won't see her in season 2 or even ever again. You might wonder why would Telltale even give us the option of keeping her alive if this was the case. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted to give us the choice as to how Mira's story ends; as a lot of people seemed upset that there was no way to save Ethan.

However (as usual) my imagination ran away with me and I started to wonder about the repercussions of choosing to marry Morgryn. It's not hard to imagine Mira now living a life of oppression and servitude. Cut off from her family and with no allies left. Then I got to thinking, maybe we still have one ally......Morgryn. I know it sounds crazy right! This is the same Morgryn who was trying to negotiate a deal with Tyrion to sell Forester iron wood. When that failed he paid a Lannister guard to kill us. When that plan didn't work he set us up for the murder of guard! With all that being acknowledged, when he tells Mira why he wants to marry her; he makes it very clear that he wants her name and Ironrath. This would make the Whitehills a problem for him! While not helping the Foresters directly, by being a potential thorn in the Whitehill's side he is helping them indirectly.

Of course this is all a bit too intricate and the story will most likely focus on other things.

Comments

• I honestly don't think Morgryn could do much against the Whitehills even if he was inclined to.

Morgryn's game is plots and coin and daggers in the dark. He is no warrior - he has no banners to call, no seat and no smallfolk. If I were him, I'd wait until the Boltons were seriously pissed off at the Whitehills for ruining the forest, then produce Mira (plus whatever sellswords he can hire with his ironwood coin) and offer to restore the forests and keep providing ironwood if they don't help / destroy the Whitehills.

Morgryn couldn't help us in any other way really. Besides, he's already proved incredibly short-sighted, greedy and reckless (almost to as great an extent as Cersei) so I can't see him doing much (I honestly think Ludd is smarter than him in many ways, and sadly he's still around in my play through...)

• I reckon if Malcolm is playable next season, he'll leave Essos eventually and sail to King's Landing. After finding out what has happened, he'll offer to enter into Morgryn's service, as a partner or perhaps even as a bodyguard with local knowledge, then head North with him to Ironrath. If Mira is dead, Malcolm will be using Morgryn to help get rid of the Whitehills, before taking revenge on him for her death. If she's alive, he'll be looking for a way to rescue her.

• While I said he could be a potential ally, I never said he would be a particularly competent one. It is like you said, he revealed himself to be short-sighted, reckless and greedy. If he had been smarter he wouldn't have tried to kill Mira in the first place, it is only after the assassination attempt failed that he decided to try and strike a deal with her instead of trying this approach from the beginning. It wouldn't have been difficult for him to persuade Mira that using him as her agent to sell iron wood for her family would have its advantages.

Ludd is also still alive in my play though too.

Blockb0ys posted: »

I honestly don't think Morgryn could do much against the Whitehills even if he was inclined to. Morgryn's game is plots and coin and dagg

• While this is an interesting idea, I think Malcolm is going to remain in Essos as our eyes there. This also brings up the matter that if Malcolm or some other character became our new KL character, would they be helped or hindered by Mira's associates. For example if you chose to tell Margaery the truth and kept Sera's secret from Tarwick, would she be willing to help? If Mira died, this would mean that Tom is still alive (determinant but alive) would he help and if he did would this lead to his death?

I reckon if Malcolm is playable next season, he'll leave Essos eventually and sail to King's Landing. After finding out what has happened, h

• We have no reason to have eyes in Essos anymore, though. The only reason we were there in the first place was so that Telltale could interact with Dany's storyline. The thing that unites the playable characters is that they're all fighting for a common cause; to protect/help House Forrester. That's more important to the structure of the game than being able to randomly chinwag with the Mother of Dragons. And anyone who has watched the show or read the books knows that, even if Malcolm is serving her in order that she in turn helps the Forresters later on perhaps, Dany's not going back to Westeros anytime soon, or possibly ever at all. If Malcolm is a playable character his goal needs to be to help the Forresters now, not in a few years, and once he hears Ironrath has fallen and his sister is dead, he's not going to want to stick around. If he stays in Meereen for whatever reason he'll be too far removed from the rest of the story for the player to care. The only way I can possibly imagine him staying is maybe if other characters (Beskha and Ryon, for instance) come to him instead, so that he isn't isolated.

While this is an interesting idea, I think Malcolm is going to remain in Essos as our eyes there. This also brings up the matter that if Ma

• And yes, I would hope and imagine those choices regarding Sera, Tom and Margaery will have an effect on what happens in King's Landing and who would be willing to help him.

While this is an interesting idea, I think Malcolm is going to remain in Essos as our eyes there. This also brings up the matter that if Ma

Sign in to comment in this discussion.