Just tell me WHY...

Why is everyone talking how Tales from the Borderlands is the best game of Telltale, it's amazing etc. and no one is talking about Game of Thrones. It's the very first game of Telltale that we can ACTUALLY make choices that are really imoprtant to the story. In Game of Thrones we can decide if playable character is dead or alive! or when we choose one of brothers to stay in the trap the next episode will be COMPLETELY different for both of them. Personally I think this is the best of Telltale game and Tales from the Borderlands are pretty good but not good enough for this amazing game. And I want to say that this is my opinion and no one must agree with me.

Comments

• People have different opinions. Personally, I love GOT.

• GOT is probably one of my favorites. It's in third place of my top Telltale games. (The first one being The Walking Dead: Season One.The second being the Wolf Among Us.) Tales is still great, though.

• edited January 2016

That choice was great and all and the impact it had was even better, but there were still a lot of moments in Thrones where some decisions didn't matter or they didn't matter as much as they could have. Tales had some as well, but it's more evident with Thrones I feel. For example, the traitor in Episode 5, it's based solely on who you didn't pick as Sentinel, when it could have been based on several other choices you made as both Rodrik and Ethan. If you picked Royland as your Sentinel and sided with Duncan most of the time, it doesn't make sense for Duncan to be the traitor. In TWD S1, there's a point based system of some kind with Kenny, who can go with you or not depending on the choices you make with him. They could have done something similar concerning this, whoever you sided with the least would be the traitor, but they didn't, and that's why some believe it's poorly handled. It's not just because of the choices, but also overall story, characters, quality of the episodes, pacing, etc., all of which I found Tales did better than Thrones in. With Thrones, I liked a few of the main characters in it, but didn't really care all that much about the others, while in Tales, I pretty much loved every single character in the game, even some of the bad guys like Vasquez or Handsome Jack. While Thrones had a few hiccups, even in their best episodes, Tales never really suffered, it kept going strong throughout it's entire run and didn't really have a bad episode, while I felt Thrones' first and fifth episode suffered. But what a lot of people really don't like is how it ended. While Tales accomplished everything it set out to do, answered all of the questions we had going into it, and still left open the possibility of a sequel, Thrones had no conclusive ending and expects you to come back for Season 2 in order to finish it. Tales was able to wrap everything up in 5 episodes, while Thrones couldn't do it in 6, and that angered a lot of people.

• Choices matter that's funny. I still liked GOT though..

• I think GOT was very good. Some of the choices really effected me. Tales was just more fun. You can like both for different reasons.

• Because the quality of the writing for Tales From the Borderlands was more consistent than Game of Thrones imo. I still prefer and really liked Got though.

• edited January 2016

All Telltale's games since TWD, I like TWD 2 most !!!

TWD 1 left in me too much grief, I stopped go to college 2 days to put myself together !

Same with TWD 2, the "grief" effect somehow stronger. The first time I played, I choose to save Kenny and stay. The moment Kenny say just take me and leave him, the "grief" effect caught me again. The next time, when Kenny say thank you to me, I cried again like a little boy TT

Wolf Among Us was perfect, until I played the game the 2nd times. Your choice really do not mean much ! And I curse Bigby, the way he light his cigarette make me try that stuff TT Luckily that stuff do not addict me too much (2 ciga/day)

Tales from Borderlands use too much slang language, non natural English speaker like me have a very hard time to understand the game. Beside I like Fiona, so the moment the game gave me the dialogue choice allow my Rhys say he like her, felt like I'm going to f*** myself !!!

GoT is good. But It require ppl to seen at least the first 3 seasons of the TV series, or already read the book. So It's not a good choice for ppl do not have much time !

Sorry for my bad English !

• I loved GoT a lot, but to be honest I never really cared at all about choice mattering. I'm just into Telltale's games for the story, and personally I found Tales' story more interesting.

• Well, everyone does have a different opinion but I think that Tales From the Borderlands is getting more praising than it actually deserves. Don't get me wrong, TFTBL is my second favorite Telltale game and it was amazing but I don't really think it actually is Telltale's best game. I still think that The Walking Dead: Season 1 is Telltale's best game (even though my favorite Telltale game is Game of Thrones). However, Game of Thrones had a very weak episode and that was episode 5 (even though I found it enjoyable but I think it's the weakest in the entire series) while Tales From the Borderlands didn't have any weak episode.

• Well, like you say, its opinion. I totally understand why people think its the best game series so far, because it did so many things right, and I feel like every new series improves on the others in some ways. I loved TWD season one at the time, but Id have to revisit it to see if I still feel that way.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, everyone does have a different opinion but I think that Tales From the Borderlands is getting more praising than it actually deserves.

• I absolutely love Game of Thrones. But there was just something about Tales that kept me pissing my pants every time a new episode was released. In my opinion, Tales was the best, but GOT and TWD come in close 2nd.

• They didn't?

Mr-Soybean posted: »

Choices matter that's funny. I still liked GOT though..

• edited January 2016

They do(sort of).

Mr-Soybean posted: »

Choices matter that's funny. I still liked GOT though..

• I love Game of Thrones more, but perhaps there are more vocal people who enjoy stories with comical characters than stories that are pretty dark? I mean I have to say it's hard for me not to smile whilst playing Tales from the Borderlands and with Game of Thrones, I just feel like no matter what happens everyone will die cause it's Game of Thrones lol

• Thats what I loved about it. I got my fill of dark and dreary from The Walking Dead. Even Wolf was somewhat dark eventhough it had comical characters. Tales was a breath of fresh air.

prink34320 posted: »

I love Game of Thrones more, but perhaps there are more vocal people who enjoy stories with comical characters than stories that are pretty

• Come to think of it, Tales from the Borderlands is probably TTG's lightest story, possibly lighter than Minecraft: Story Mode even o.o

KCohere posted: »

Thats what I loved about it. I got my fill of dark and dreary from The Walking Dead. Even Wolf was somewhat dark eventhough it had comical characters. Tales was a breath of fresh air.

• I love Game of Thrones, but Tales from the Borderlands made me feel happy and positive. Considering the intensely depressing Season 2 of the Walking Dead, having such a relatively lighthearted dark humorous adventure with a wonderful crew of characters felt so refreshing.

prink34320 posted: »

I love Game of Thrones more, but perhaps there are more vocal people who enjoy stories with comical characters than stories that are pretty

Sign in to comment in this discussion.