Do telltale even care about our choices?

the ending was fucked up no matter what rodrik or asher dies
MIRA does fucking nothing in kings landing rather then dying
u can't save your house u can't save the people your playing
there no is choice in this game...

Comments

• He's right, whatever you do, Ironath dies. AT LEAST GIVE US A BETTER ENDING.

RAFAELAM96 posted: »

Wrong

• So, you wanted Ironrath to survive at REALLY IMPOSSIBLE ODDS? No, Forresters couldn't win, all they could do is deliver damage to the enemy

He's right, whatever you do, Ironath dies. AT LEAST GIVE US A BETTER ENDING.

• Besides, if Ironrath had been saved; where would they have gone with season 2? The whole point of this season has been to drill home the fact that the Foresters are in a very dangerous situation, Telltale have gone out of their way to make us feel helpless, because they are in a helpless situation.

This then sets the stage for season 2. While I don't imagine season 2 will be about us coming back in a blaze of glory, I do think that it will be a turn around point one way or another.

In the books and the show, at the very beginning the Starks seem to have it all. Then the situation quickly changes and their fortunes change dramatically - they loose everything! The only things they have is the fact that some of them aren't dead yet. It is not until a few books and show seasons later that we actually start to see a bit of a turn around, nothing major; but it's there and it's enough to give you at least a bit of hope. It is because the Starks have seemingly lost everything because of the actions of a few traitors people that you end up rooting for them. After having to endure such hardships, finally claiming back what used to be yours feels all the more satisfying.

• I thought telltale games did a really good Job with our choices. The point of us losing Ironrath was to set up Season 2.

• If they didnt care about our choices, they wouldnt have made them so devastating. Theyre trying to tell a story that is going to continue into season two, not just give us a happy ending.

• edited January 2016

Our choices mattered.

The Forresters have impossible odds. I appreciate Telltale's choice for us to lose at the Battle Of Ironrath. A lot of games these days have us "win" even at impossible odds. (Note: I said a lot. Not all.)

Also, I believe you forgot that the person who lives at the end of episode five survives the season.

Aaaaand that Mira Forrester can live or die before the season is over.

Aaaaand that Gwyn Whitehill (Instead of Royland/Duncan) can discover Asher, alongside Talia.

Mira discovers information that can aid her family. For example, Elaena will marry Rodrik if a letter is sent. So, although there is more, our choices matter.

• Forresters can win, but telltale makes them so incredibly stupid that they just sent their own deaths.

1. If Lady Forrester hadn't lost it, they would probably have lived for maybe another generation.
    2. WHERE THE FUCK DID THE GUARDS COME FROM THE RAMSAY MEETING COME FROM? YOU LOCKED THEM OUTSIDE THE GATES, HOW THE FUCK DID THEY COME IN?! Ethan wouldn't have died.
    3. If you just had a dialouge option saying "Tom killed the guard". Mira is saved.
    4. Couldn't they get 2 random soldiers to hold the wheel while Asher and Rodrik get out?

There were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ways the forresters could have lived but telltale just made them super stupid.

RAFAELAM96 posted: »

So, you wanted Ironrath to survive at REALLY IMPOSSIBLE ODDS? No, Forresters couldn't win, all they could do is deliver damage to the enemy

• Telltale care about our choices in TWD. There are different endings that depens on what you choose.

• edited January 2016

They wernt the smartest house but they wernt that stupid, also while I think the game was a bit too misery based I didnt want some lame happy ending either. They fought a war against the odds and lost, they did alright really with how it played out.

If Lady Forrester hadn't lost it,

Thats not really being stupid, shes been spiralling all season . I dont think she thought much in thaat variance of the scene

If you just had a dialouge option saying "Tom killed the guard". Mira is saved.

You can save Mira. Also the idea is that Mira has next to no real power. Her word means nothing. Its also more morgryns plot to get rid of her rather than the crime itself.

Though really I dont get this no choice argument when choice matters more here than the other telltale games in terms of the sheer number of people who can live or die. People from each story make dumb decisions

Forresters can win, but telltale makes them so incredibly stupid that they just sent their own deaths. * If Lady Forrester hadn't lost

• i tried to save everyone...

• Well actually I think that the choices in this game matter more then the choices in TWD.

Telltale care about our choices in TWD. There are different endings that depens on what you choose.

• edited January 2016

Choices dont matter sounds like it really means "I didnt get to make the choices I want." Like an unlikely happy ending, and we all know Ramsey's motto about happy endings.

They wernt the smartest house but they wernt that stupid, also while I think the game was a bit too misery based I didnt want some lame happ

Sign in to comment in this discussion.