What are you expecting for the new batman game?

I'm not really sure about what to expect from the new batman game because I'm not sure if it will be like the arkham series (combat and predator. Stuff like that) I'm hoping it's not another joker game but I hope he has a little part in the story but ONLY a little part because I don't think anyone really wants to see another joker game. I also hope that we get to see dick Grayson as robin and Barbara Gordon as batgirl and that they're playable Characters and we can free roam as them. I think batmans allies (robin, batgirl, Catwoman) should all have a part in the story line and because you can choose what you say why not be able to choose which one of batmans allies do certain missions in the story line and I get that it's a batman game so I think it would be good if we could do this at certain points in the game and if you don't wanna play as different characters then just play as batman.

Comments

• Welcome to the forums Red_wing!

As for what this game can be like, it's safe to safe that free roaming in this game is highly unlikely. Telltale games follow a generally linear plot, with your choices affecting how that goes (such as taking one road to the airport on a car vs. another road on a bus). Missions aren't very likely, it isn't something Telltale has done, although not impossible.

The only confirmed character is Bruce Wayne, who we are playing as. Here's a nice quote about that.

"“This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”"

Telltale games are a combination of QTEs and other and newer combat techniques such present in Minecraft: Story Mode. I'd recommend looking at any of the games released after the Walking Dead Season 1 to see so.

• edited January 2016

Thread: Taken that 'THE' TTG is remaking bman's story, what will it be about?

Not just another ordinary one obviously!

• edited January 2016

Not sure what the story will be about since Telltale is unpredictable. But is Telltale, so im expecting it to be awesome!

• Merged similar threads together.

Also, I figure it'll be similar to Wolf Among Us where there's a mystery that'll need to be solved over the course of the episodes with Batman confronting villians and other characters to find out the identity of the perpetrator.

• This might sound crazy, but I expect Batman will make an appearance.

• That it will be more like the two films by Tim Burton instead of being like the trilogy by Christopher Nolan. The best would be if it would be like Batman Returns.

• WHAT!? Batman will make an appearance in a Batman game?

enter image description here

This might sound crazy, but I expect Batman will make an appearance.

• Im pretty sure that this game won't be a copy of the Batman games overall. I mean i don't expect fights all the time , but more complex story and characters. That's why Telltale is the best in what they are doing.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited January 2016

Something original. It's a challenge to show Batman in other light. I'd like it to be dark, noir, grim; "The Killing Joke", "The Dark Knight Returns" or first Burton's film - fine examples. No robin, catwoman, batwoman, batdog - PLEASE NO! I'm expecting a detective game, better than TWAU. Smarter intrigue. Dear writers, read few good criminal books! Plan, everything must be ready before premiere, do not think about the final after third or fourth part.

• Or like that Fox show "Gotham".

Omid's cat posted: »

Something original. It's a challenge to show Batman in other light. I'd like it to be dark, noir, grim; "The Killing Joke", "The Dark Knight

• I'd want to see a good episodic game with a good plot and without "Batman will remember that". It's getting boring.

• "TellTale will ignore that"

pashok6798 posted: »

I'd want to see a good episodic game with a good plot and without "Batman will remember that". It's getting boring.

• Play as batman :P

• I think Telltale will make a great game, but i think the story will be also best... i think it's the same on Arkham Knight, but no... no, no no.... It's always something else, Like in monkey island!

• batman being batman using his detective skills. basically this will be the closet we will get to another wolf amoung us.

and the joker is gonna show up because.

• Judging by this tweet, it seems like at least some parts of the game will be more dark and grounded:

Eric Stripe (writer on Minecraft) tweeted this:

• What is it that draws a bull, is what you did with a book, and flows through your veins?

I am spoken in two parts phonically. Firstly, I grow on your body, head to toe, you really use me to put on a good show. Secondly I am used to seal lives in matrimony. What am I?

Judging by this tweet, it seems like at least some parts of the game will be more dark and grounded: Eric Stripe (writer on Minecraft) tw

• What is it that is blind and personified as a woman?

I can be a measurement of distance or a common cause bringing players together. What am I?

• come on we actually want the game to be good

TDF16 posted: »

Or like that Fox show "Gotham".

• Daylight and moonlight I am impartial to, they are the same to me. I eat insects or fruit, but never both. I roam at night and sleep by day. What am I?

I begin as fame and famine, but their ending I do not take. I borrow from Bill, Phil, and Dill. And I always end with a why. What am I?

• Oh please for the sake of all things dark and brooding please no.

TDF16 posted: »

Or like that Fox show "Gotham".

• Holy bat-trap

Play as batman :P

• Arkham knight was disappointing but still all around OK game. Arkham city was by far ze best

I think Telltale will make a great game, but i think the story will be also best... i think it's the same on Arkham Knight, but no... no, no no.... It's always something else, Like in monkey island!

• edited February 2016

Forget it idk

Mr_Reese posted: »

What is it that draws a bull, is what you did with a book, and flows through your veins? I am spoken in two parts phonically. Firstly,

• A bat

Daylight and moonlight I am impartial to, they are the same to me. I eat insects or fruit, but never both. I roam at night and sleep by day.

• Free roam nah can't see it nor want it let telltale do what they do best and tell a great tale of batman. Can't wait til this releases.

• Very good. Can you solve the other riddle to deciepher my suggestion for this upcoming game?

A bat

• The first one is Justice League but the second one is difficult...

Very good. Can you solve the other riddle to deciepher my suggestion for this upcoming game?

• Correct. My first suggestion is Justice League...You should reply to that specific one with the answer though so you get proper credit for solving it when people read it. This last one is a special kind of riddle that I too find difficult but really they are the most simple. Don't over think it, you might miss something.

papai46 posted: »

The first one is Justice League but the second one is difficult...

• I will provide the answer to these, but I will not do so with future riddles.

Bulls are attracted to the color red. Red blood cells flow through your veins. And when we say we read a book in the past tense, it sounds like how we say the color red. Answer for the first one is RED.

This second two-part riddle's answer is a compound word, hence the "two-part phonically" hint. Something that grows all over our bodies from head to toe is HAIR. And what seals lives in marriage is a RING.

Altogether: RED-HAIR-RING which is phontically the same as RED HERRING.
    The term RED HERRING refers to a false clue in detective work.

Forget it idk

• I'm excepting that 1.) Batman is going to his mansion 2.) Joker and Lex Luthor are togethere 3.) Batman is alone, no-one helps him. 4.) Batman will make fast an super armor that he can destroy 2 idiots. 5.) Batman destroys them, but... batman's armor's power doesn't work enough. 6.) Batman goes to prison because polices don't know who's Lex. 7.) Batman tries to escape. 8.) Robin will help batman and batman will escape. 9.) Lex shoots robin with his new gun. 10.) Lex dies fast when robin plays dead and then he kicks Lex's face. 11.) Batman and robin will destroy joker. 12.) A new black mask (Black Mask's cousin). 13.) New black mask will destroy batman with the same gun someone destroys batman's family. 14.) Batman will die and robin will take batman's suit. 15.) Robin runs to the mansion. 16.) Robin will know that black mask is the same guy who killed batman's parents. 17.) Robin will destroy black mask. 18.) Robin steals Lex's gun and goes to batman. 19.) Robin will shoot batman with the gun. 20.) Batman will be old. 21.) Batman gives robin to be new batman. 22.) Batman will be too old and he dies. 23.) Robin goes to bust crimes. 24.) THE END

• If this is going to be a true Batman story rich driven game this is what needs to happen.

Episode 1. Have batman be year one have Batman meet Commissioner Gordon Batman's first villain needs to be Doctor Death not The Joker have Bruce Wayne be engaged to Julie Madison Episode 1 needs to explain how The Batman became Batman

Episode 2. Professor Hugo Strange is Introduced Batman uses night vision goggles utility belt for the first time this is where Dick Grayson joins as Robin Joker and Catwoman are introduced the bat plane is introduced batman vowed not to use fire arms anymore after an incident with Strange.

Episode 3. Batman finds the Batcave Julie madison calls off her engagement to Bruce Wayne Scarecrow can be introduced penguin can be introduced.

Episode 4. Bat signal can be used the first time Joker Scarecrow Penguin can hatch a scheme to try and stop Batman, Batman needs Robins help

Episode 5. Batman stops the villains Batman earns Gordons Respect the Batcave is formed

Many opportunities can be replaced for more like Not have Joker show up till the sequel Not have Robin in it at all Year One is so story rich it could lead to many varieties of story telling gameplay. I personally want a Thomas Wayne Batman game with Martha as The Joker Harley as Yo-Yo but wishful thinking on my part.

• I'm not expecting any big story altering choices. Though I am expecting a balance of his personalities. We'll get to play a fair amount of time as Bruce and Batman each and our decisions will allow us to think like two people. As Bruce Wayne, we'll want to think like a playboy, wear a mask over our true self. As Batman, we're selfless and unforgiving to the scum of Gotham.

• Well, I am rather interested in where it will go. I have always loved Batman, especially the Dark Knight series.

• its family

Correct. My first suggestion is Justice League...You should reply to that specific one with the answer though so you get proper credit for s

• I'm not really sure if I am going to be interested in the Batman telltale game. We already have had a Batman game (Arkham Knight) and Batman TV show (Gotham). Like what else can telltale really do with Batman that we have not already seen? Obviously with 'The Walking Dead' we have seen different characters outside of the actual TV show/comic-books.

• Thank God somebody got it! Yes. Put that together and it's Bat-Family.
    In all my suggestions for this game include:

REDHERRING - false clues that could through your investigation off as the world's greatest detective.

JUSTICE LEAGUE - basically two ways to go about this (1) feature one or several members that show up for help from Batman or that he gets help from (2) tie something from this story to a much larger world where good and evil are fighting. (Maybe this could lead you guys at Telltale to do your own DC Universe where you introduce us to JLA forming? And this game could tie into or build into that.)

BAT-FAMILY - please develop and include these key characters of Bruce/Batman's surrogate family:

Alfred Pennyworth (surrogate father)

James "Jim" Gordon (Batman's first rival and eventually parnter in crime fighting; surrogate brother)

Dick Grayson/Jason Todd/Tim Drake (surrogate sons of Bruce Wayne [he officially adopts Tim in one comic story line] and proteges to Batman)

Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/ Oracle (surrogate niece to Bruce/Batman and also a protege who actually had potential to surpass Batman in computer, forensics, and detective work -- then Joker shot her in The Killing Joke.)

Selina Kyle (sometimes potential love of Bruce/Batman and sometimes potential enemy--various stories paint her as one or the other in different comics stories and even in the various films. My favorite stories with her are in film are both the Tim Burton Batman Returns and Dark Knight Rises. I particularly liked the Batman Hush story with her in the comics. I really thought it would have had them together at the end but Bruce ends it believing it was due to Poison Ivy's Pharomones!)

There are extended members of the Bat-Family like Huntress and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. However I leave that to you guys at Telltale if you want to go that far with it. The nuclear Bat-Family should include most of characters mentioned above...because Batman creates a surrogate family that stands with him in his battle for Gotham.

And of course my other suggestion.....My name is Mr. Reese on here say that out loud right now. Now say "Mysteries" and then say "Mr. Reese." Christopher and Johnathan Nolan developed many creative tid bits to reference Batman villians in their films. In The Dark Knight a man by that name discovers Bruce Wayne is Batman, no one believes him though. His character is believed to be a refrence to the Riddler. In the Hush storyline Riddler does figure out Bruce Wayne is Batman and trades that knowledge to Hush if he could find a cure for his cancer (one of Ras Al Gahl's Lazarous pits). Please put the Riddler in this game. I know puzzle solving adversary for a point & click adventure about detective work would make for a good game, even if it is only featured in one episode.

Thanks for playing, till next time....

MrTodd posted: »

its family

• You would be surprised what Telltale can come up with. I mean, look at the Minecraft series. That's a good example.

I'm not really sure if I am going to be interested in the Batman telltale game. We already have had a Batman game (Arkham Knight) and Batman

• It's not really a good example. Minecraft didn't have story mode in the game, thus it was actually original. However like I said, Batman's story has been told several times over. I would hope telltale would focus more on the walking dead series.

You would be surprised what Telltale can come up with. I mean, look at the Minecraft series. That's a good example.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.