Would you want them to honor the old Batman tv series by having Robin say holy a lot?

Comments

• Oh, sure, that's totally original and fun.

enter link description here

• No thank you.

• The '60s are over, man. Let it go.

• edited January 2016

Actually the '60s are hip now.

DC has ongoing Batman '66 comic book series, which is set to the same continuity as the classic TV-series. And Batman animated movie is coming this year, starring Adam West and Burt Ward.

ClemRanger posted: »

The '60s are over, man. Let it go.

• i actually really liked that bit

Demarcoa posted: »

Oh, sure, that's totally original and fun. enter link description here

• edited January 2016

You people...

Keep laughting about Adam West Batman, in 40 years I guarantee you everyone will still remember it and Batfleck and BatBale will be dust in the wind. Timeless things are not to be mocked but respected. But yeah, i see why this:this is "superior quality" in everyones eyes, because god forgives cheesiness to come from the heart and being intended rather than a casualty of taking yourself to goddamn seriously.

• It was one of the better parts of a pretty awful movie, but I mean... we don't need to go that route here.

i actually really liked that bit

• God, I hope so.

enter link description here

"Holy tooth decay. >:L"

• yeah, that kind of thing wouldn't always work (be funny)

Demarcoa posted: »

It was one of the better parts of a pretty awful movie, but I mean... we don't need to go that route here.

• "Robin, it looks like Mr. Cawlsworth is the murderer!"

• Holy Butler Basher Bat-man!
    • Holy canoli Bat-man!
    • Holy Homicide Bat-man!

In all seriousness, as much as I LOVE the 60's batman series and I sincerely loved Robin's catchphrases, I believe it's best if the past remains in the past. They could reference it though. for example.

"Joker planned to murder all of those people..."

"Holy Guacamole Bat-man..."

"Robin, this is no time for stupid catchphrases, We need to find the joker!"

• Not a bad idea.

• That would get on my nerves very quickly.

• Please no, that would get soooooo annoying.

• I would like for them to do a reference to it once or twice, it always annoyed me that they never did that in the Arkham games.

• No...just.....please god no.......

• I think the 60s batman was a very low point for the franchise.

• You just haven't learned to love it's campiness. For many it's the first contact they had as a child to the franchise. And now those who grew up watching the show can appreciate it's camp humor.

However I acknowledge that it probably is bit much for those who haven't seen it as a child. When I was child, back in the '80s, old campy TV-shows like Batman, Get Smart and Star Trek were very popular among the kids.

Yo-da-Man posted: »

I think the 60s batman was a very low point for the franchise.

• Not all the time, but a few times it would be funny

• edited March 2016

Only if he combines it with "shit".

• I would say no. No. "Holy choices Batman!"

• edited March 2016

While I would like to see '60s style Robin, there won't be one. From the Blog:

Fresh interpretation of the universe set in current times, not tied to any existing iteration of Batman in games, film, or comics. Story will focus on Bruce and Batman, not an examination of the extended 'Bat-family,' (Robin, Nightwing, etc.) Fans can expect certain series staples such as Alfred Pennyworth, Vicki Vale, James Gordon, and Renee Montoya. Telltale is looking to keep the villains more tightly under wraps until closer to the premiere.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/105073/first-details-on-telltale-s-batman-series-discussed-at-sxsw

• Because what's so unusual a two guys dressed up for Halloween, when it isn't even Halloween?
    Lol!

• Pffff, no Robin but we get Renee Montoya, and Vicky Vale? I can´t even fake enthusiasm. These are hardcore choices, the kind of character you would expect as a cameo or reference, but a flesh out full character rather than Robin or any Bat-family member?? If not even Oracle appears I´m gonna be piss.

I wish people would stop believing that Batman is a lone wolf character, he´s not, he has had a Robin at his side for the mayor part of his career, don´t even make me start on today comics where he´s followed by at least 4 sidekicks.

While I would like to see '60s style Robin, there won't be one. From the Blog: Fresh interpretation of the universe set in current tim

• Maybe once. Just once. No more.

• This.

Duck_Hunt posted: »

Not all the time, but a few times it would be funny

Sign in to comment in this discussion.