thoughts about game and next season

Hello guys . I just ended this game and all i can say is that i loved the game , but i'm dissapointed about the end , nothing good happened . It ruin everything you worked to do in other episodes. Most of Forrester family dies and characters that u played with a long time : Lady Forrester , Rodrik , Duncan ( i have chosen him as sentinel ) , Mira , don't forget Ironrath fell down . What do u think guys about the end of the game ?
To be honest i can't wait to play season 2 to see if things can come back in ur favor.
I was lucky to play all 6 episodes together , but now i have to play 1 episode then wait alot of time until a new one is released. That rly sucks isn't it ?

Ah yea , Ser Royland was the traitor in my case but he still came to save me ( Asher ) at the end acompanied by Talia. Why a traitor would save me ?
I felt sorry abut Gwynn bcz she tried to help Forresters alot of times but after she stabbed me in the end i wish her to die . I could kill Ludd too .
Aswell i felt sorry about Elaena Glenmore . She tried to help Forresters too alot of times but she gets pain and suffer about her brother's death and Rodrik's death in my case.
What do u think about both of them ?

Now let's talk about season 2 . Do u think Ironrath can rise again ? pesonally i don't because few characaters can't stand in Whitehill's way : Asher , Beshka , Ser Royland , Gared , Elsera and Josera. What about Mira ? She died by my choice ... If i kept her alive she would be a playable character in season 2?
I rly loved the game and the atmosphere Asher and Beshka should marry haha in my opinion but Beshka it's not that kind of person ^_^ .
What about Elaena Glennmore ? I think she's the right person to marry Asher now bcz he can't marry anymore with Gwynn to save Ironrath.

And finally the last questions : At all do u liked the story of the game ?
I didn't watched the serial. Is it the same story with the game or not ? Should i start watch it or not ?
What do u think about the release date of season 2 ? Can we play the whole season until December ? And about the first episode ... do u think it will be released this month ?
As i heard the first episode of season 1 appeared in December 2014 and the last one in November 2015 so it's less than 1 year . Can we play the whole season until the end of the year ? I rly don't want to play 1 episode and wait for another . I'll better wait until last episode will be released so i can play whole season without any trouble ^_^ .

Sorry for this long post , this is my first one and i want to include all my questions . I want to hear ur thoughts so cmon guys ^_^

Comments

• edited January 2016

Duncan was the traitor in my playthrough. I can't speak for Royland as the traitor, but in my playthrough Duncan betraying the forresters made more sense because of his deluded strive for diplomacy and the that I agreed with royland on how to handle certain situations, giving him the impression that Rodrik would ruin the house. Gwyn also fooled herself into believing that peace can solve the conflict. Speaking of Gwyn, had you chosen to call off the plan, she will save you at the end instead of the traitor and becomes your ally, now realizing that the whitehills never wanted peace with house forester.

In my canon playthrough, Rodrik survived the end of episode 4. I told Eleana to return to her home, thus preventing her implied grim fate at the end of the finale. Even though I feel its more appropriate for Rodrik to kill Gryff, I decided to kill Ludd, thinking his death would harm the whitehills more than Gryff, which was still satisfying regardless. I also kept Mira alive in my playthrough.

My biggest curiosity with season 2 is how they hare going to handle the debut episode considering the final choices of the finale and your determinant lead character from ep 6.

• I think Gwyn talk about your family . After u call off the plan and u say u will marry her Lady Forrester tried to kill Ludd with knife. So i think she blame ur family but not u .
    As i said i play with Asher , i don't know what would happen with Rodrik ^_^

Duncan was the traitor in my playthrough. I can't speak for Royland as the traitor, but in my playthrough Duncan betraying the forresters ma

• I got the feeling she places more of the blame on her family seeing as how much they have antagonized house forester.

I think Gwyn talk about your family . After u call off the plan and u say u will marry her Lady Forrester tried to kill Ludd with knife. So

• I enjoyed it, it's not my favorite Telltale game, but it's somewhere in the middle for me. I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I was a fan of the show, but it didn't really impede much of my experience when I was playing it. I felt the characters were decent, choices felt impactful, the story was great, and the voice acting was definitely one of the best to come out of a Telltale game. There were some things that I didn't like about it, I felt the game relied a little too much on characters from the show, such as Ramsay Snow, there were a couple of choices that could have and should have mattered more, and the lack of a conclusive ending to Season 1 does irritate me a bit. All in all though, it was still a great game and I can't wait for Season 2.

• To answer about ur last phrase they will do same like in the walking dead with 3-4 beginnings depends on your past choices. I wish that in the next season, ironrath manage to rise again, despite what happened chances are slim. Only a few people can not make this possible against Whitehills.

Duncan was the traitor in my playthrough. I can't speak for Royland as the traitor, but in my playthrough Duncan betraying the forresters ma

• Wow, that's a lot of questions you have there. While I appreciate you taking the time and effort to write all that, sadly there is probably only a handful of people on this forum who would actually make the effort to read that and respond with something actually worth reading, like @ultimatesnyderman has done.

First of all welcome to the club, I sympathise that like the rest of us you now also have to wait until the first episode of season 2 is released. I must admit there were times when I wished that I had not found out about Telltale's GOT game before it was released. However with that said as mad as this might sound, I kinda like the wait. It gives me chance to think and wonder what the next episode with bring. What will happen to our characters next? Then coming to these forums to debate and share ideas and opinions with everyone else who is in the same boat. The responses on this forum are mainly well constructed, pose interesting questions, opinions, points of view etc.

Now to your questions and my opinions:

1) What do you guys thing about the end of the game?
    I think the game started off quite strong. Everyone it seems, including myself loved Ethan. I think they made a mistake in killing off Ethan so soon though, his character had so much potential. It seems to me that they only killed Ethan off for the shock value and while it was certainly that, I still think it was a cheap move by Telltale. It was like they were trying too hard to remind us that we were in the GOT world. In doing that it seems that they didn't really stop to question exactly why GRRM actually kills a particular character when he does. Yes it is partly shock value, but the death was necessary to move the plot in the direction he intended. Overall I enjoyed the game, I didn't feel deceived because the story didn't branch off in different directions; because I've played other Telltale games and this is what I've come to expect. The decisions you make are more about defining your character than plot direction. This isn't so bad until you realise that some of these choices while being fluffy are not all taken into account. For instance when Mira is attacked by Damien, Tom the Coal Boy comes to your aid. It is at this point that you are given the option to either kill Damian with the dagger or run away. This is one of those character defining moments. Is your Mira strong willed and willing to kill Damian to not only save herself from a second attempt, but also to save her friend and ally Coal Boy. Or is she a frightened little handmaiden who only cares about saving her own skin? Regardless of the choice you make here, Damian dies; while this might seem like a stretch to imagine Coal Boy suddenly being able to overpower Damian, kill him and dispose of his body. It still works. However when you reach the point where Mira has to choose between keeping the murder weapon or tossing it, this is where Telltale gets lazy. Skip forward to episode 6 when Tom tells Mira that Lannister guards are searching her room. Regardless of whether you tossed the weapon or kept it, Mira still says that the weapon is in there! That is not to say that none of our choices have consequences, choosing between Asher and Rodrik results in some pretty big changes. In the final episode they seemed to kill off so many people, that I can't help but be pessimistic towards season 2. I think the only reason Asher/Rodrik are still alive is because Telltale have seen the boards here awash with "I love Rodrik" "I love Asher" "Who did you choose Asher/Rodrik" "Why leaving Asher behind is a mistake" "Why leaving Rodrik behind is the right thing to do" etc etc - I think you get the point. Telltale didn't kill the remaining brother off at the end of season one because they want us to play season 2 and were afraid that a lot of people would boycott them if Asher/Rodrik died; even though a lot of people expected this to be the case because they are now determinate characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they had fully intended to kill Mira off at the end of the season, but after the response to Ethan's unavoidable death they didn't want a repeat of that. So instead they gave us the option of either marrying Morgryn or allowing our selves to be beheaded. Talia survives of course, because they are most probably banking on all the Talia fans, who think Talia is going to be Arya the second to be a kick ass POV character in season 2.

• Yes I agree, as much as I loved having the show characters in the game; because the actors and actresses themselves are good. I do feel like they were relying on it too much as a selling point. As much as I hated Ramsey's plot armour, I still liked having him in the game. Is it me or does anyone else think that Cersei's character model looked a weird. I think Lady Margeary's character model looks quite good, but I think they got the eyes wrong on Cersei's. Maybe her model was one of the earlier ones created and they just couldn't be bothered going back to change it. Jon Snows looked ok, but sometimes his facial expression was abit awkward, at times he looked pissed off for no apparent reason.

I enjoyed it, it's not my favorite Telltale game, but it's somewhere in the middle for me. I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I was

• Why a traitor would save me?
    To be honest I'm not entirely sure. I would like to think that they are trying to redeem themselves. However I think it is more likely to be a glitch. I seen people on the boards say that they kept their traitor alive, this might be why yours shows up. In my play through I killed mine and so I was left with my actual sentinel.

What do you think about both of them?
    I'm assuming you're referring to Eleana and Gwyn. Personally I like both characters. There are a lot of people on these boards who seem to despise Gwyn and want her to die a thousand painful deaths. While I can see why people hate her, I still find her an interesting character with a lot of potential. Which probably means that Telltale are going to kill her off in season 2 because killing off characters with potential seems to be a pattern they're following at the moment, plus a lot of people seem to want it to happen. As for Eleana she seemed to genuinely care for Rodrik and vice versa and while a lot of people were all like "But she wouldn't immediately help us waaaahaahh waaah" did people seriously think that she was going to just show up and blindly ally herself with Rodrik and his house? She has to think about her own house as well. If the shoe was on the other foot would those same people just blindly commit themselves to a house that is in dire trouble? I highly doubt it, so why should Eleana?

• Everyone it seems, including myself loved Ethan. I think they made a mistake in killing off Ethan so soon though, his character had so much potential. It seems to me that they only killed Ethan off for the shock value and while it was certainly that, I still think it was a cheap move by Telltale. It was like they were trying too hard to remind us that we were in the GOT world.

Actually that was the reason they killed off Ethan- to show the player that no character was safe. I don't remember what site had the interview where one of the Telltale staff talked about it, but I do remember the quotes and the reasoning they gave for killing Ethan off. While I don't think it was cheap, I do agree that it would have been interesting playing as a young boy who now is in charge of his house which is no in conflicts with a rival house.

Wow, that's a lot of questions you have there. While I appreciate you taking the time and effort to write all that, sadly there is probably

• Do you think Ironrath can rise again?
    No, not in season 2 anyway. I'm not really sure how many seasons they are planning to make, but at the rate they are killing off characters; we'll be lucky to make it to season 3! I think it is possible, whether or not it is in Forester hands some someone else is another matter entirely.

What about Mira?
    In my play through Mira survived by agreeing to marry Morgryn. While Mira is one of my favourite characters and I would love to see her as POV again, trying to help her family. I highly doubt this would happen. She has been made a determinate character, That coupled with the fact that hardly anyone on these boards (except for me) actually likes Mira. Also given the fact that they seriously let Mira down as a character and neglected her, I don't see how they could be bothered to rectify that now. The only reason I can see that they even gave us the option to keep her alive, was because of the uproar Ethan's death caused. That and the fact that the majority of people chose to have her die, so there is only a small amount of people who would actually benefit from keeping her alive. In fact I hope, that there is a twist. If Mira is alive then she actually plays an essential role in which her actions actually save one or more of the Foresters from death. Those who let Mira die, have a much harder time of keeping said Forester(s) alive. But I think Telltale will stick with the easy option of having one less POV to worry about. I think part of the reason they are trying to kill off as many of the POV characters as possible, is because they have decided that having so many is just too much hard work for them. It would be far easier to just focus on one or two characters maybe even a third.

What about Elaena Glennmore?
    I think regardless of if you sent her back to her father or if you let her stay, she will end up a Whitehill hostage. I think it would be really great if she was forced to marry either Gryff/Ludd (depending on who you didn't kill) and then Rodrik goes to High Point, kicks in the doors and takes their head; thus freeing Elaena of the marriage/betrothal. However I don't think they would allow us to do something this awesome even if it was at the end of the season, which at that point Rodrik should be recovered enough.

As to your last question, I think the TV show is worth watching, it is entertaining in it's own right. However I think it's only real strong point is the cast of actors and actresses they have chosen to play the various roles. The writing its self is basically just fan fiction. The books are by far the best.

• Why a traitor would save me?

Can't speak for Royland since I didn't pick him as sentinel, but Duncan despite his foolish decisions in his naive goal for diplomacy, still cared and did it for house forrester.Its not betrayal in the sense of " well screw this pathetic house, I'm switching over to the whitehills for good, fuck the forresters". While he was conflicted about Rodrik, he didn't show signs that he wanted to murder Rodrik. Take into account that you sparred the traitor's life even though Talia wanted him dead, and the fall of ironrath, the least the traitor could do to return the favor is by saving Rodrik.

• Actually you make a good point there, with regards to the traitor returning the favour. I wonder how Talia will react, or rather what will she be trying to tell us to do this time?

Why a traitor would save me? Can't speak for Royland since I didn't pick him as sentinel, but Duncan despite his foolish decisions i

• If you recall Royland stated he'd swear an oath to Asher if he were at Ironrath. He was unhappy with Rodrik's decisions and believed Asher was the true Lord of the House.

• Yes I remember that, I also remember Rodrik also told him that Asher would kill him and he agreed. I think if I was playing as Asher and he tried to swear an oath to me I'd kill him.

AgentZ46 posted: »

If you recall Royland stated he'd swear an oath to Asher if he were at Ironrath. He was unhappy with Rodrik's decisions and believed Asher was the true Lord of the House.

• So? Doesn't change the fact that he'd save Asher without a second thought.

Yes I remember that, I also remember Rodrik also told him that Asher would kill him and he agreed. I think if I was playing as Asher and he tried to swear an oath to me I'd kill him.

• edited January 2016

Thank u everyone for your answers especially HayleyTaurus . I still hope that ironrath will rise in season 2 but as u said it's kinda impossible because as u said they killed alot of strong characters. About Elaena Glennmore i would like to see her marry with Asher but probably it will not happen because she loved Rodrik . As i have chosen Asher i don't think she will appear in next season. Same thing for Gwyn bcz i ordered the ambush and she said i ruined everything after stabbing me :(
    Do u think both of them will appear again in the next season ?

Now I'm rly wondering where our characters will stay , i mean ironrath is now under Whitehill dominance so i have to run in forest / mountains / why not in King's Landing because they still think Mira is a handmaiden ? But most probbably he will return to his uncle in ( i dont remember the name but ikr there was a girl with a dragon ) . What do u think about this hehe?
    They need to find a place because Asher / Rodrik is really wounded.

Well in the end u can see Beshka on a horse with Ryon. I rly don't understand why they care about this little boy ? He's usseles in a war with Whitehills but in the whole game they tried to save him. To be honest i tried to let him in Whitehill's hands every time i had the chance but the game said NO.
    If Beshka will find my like that ( really wounded ) she would probably try to revenge me ^_^ . I really liked this character because is so strong but still have strong feelings about family because Forresters are now her family.

• I really don't think the traitor was a glitch. Also, it's not like the traitor was backstabbing because they wanted to see House Forrester dead, it was just the opposite. He thought what he was doing was helping House Forrester, so I assume he would keep doing that if he were alive. I really like the fact that he would be trying to redeem himself. Plus, I think that might be the most interesting combination of characters. with Rosher, Talia and the traitor. It would make for very interesting conversations.

Why a traitor would save me? To be honest I'm not entirely sure. I would like to think that they are trying to redeem themselves. However

• edited January 2016

well i have garrett and rodrick left. my other 3 got fucked up. i still have talia, ryon, ser royland and baskha. and garrett is coming with an army of north grovenors. i regret promising not to let cotter suffer and then breaking that promise cause i didnt realised i had 2 choices xD i shouldve learnt my mistake from when talia asked me to promise to kill the traitor duncan which i ended up doing though. feeling bad about it but fuck it ironrath fell i need all the fighters i can get to reclaim it.

• Yes it would be interesting and ordinarily I would've considered this a viable myself. However I just don't have faith in TellTale to do anything remotely sophisticated with regards to story plot. Rosher - I like what you did there with the mash up of Rodrik and Asher.

I really don't think the traitor was a glitch. Also, it's not like the traitor was backstabbing because they wanted to see House Forrester d

• Yeah he probably thinks Asher in his current state would be too weak to kill him. Then we'll probably get Talia whining at us that we should kill him. In which case I really wish we could toss her a dagger and tell her to do it herself.

AgentZ46 posted: »

So? Doesn't change the fact that he'd save Asher without a second thought.

• Sadly I don't think Telltale will ever let us reach Ironrath. They're so hell bent on us protecting the North Grove, that I think any attempt to move towards Ironrath will probably result in us being attacked by Whitewalkers and we'll have to head back to the Grove.

jackman117 posted: »

well i have garrett and rodrick left. my other 3 got fucked up. i still have talia, ryon, ser royland and baskha. and garrett is coming with

• Your welcome.

Well it depends on what Telltale have decided to do with her. I did my playthough as Rodrik, so I'm not sure if in Asher's playthrough she is still at Ironrath or on her way back home. If Elaena survives, I still think it is possible for Asher to marry her. They don't have to be inlove for the marriage to happen. You might wonder why Elaena would even consider doing that. However it sounds like things aren't going so well for her back home. First of all she came to Ironrath even though her father told her she should wait a little longer. It is quite clear that she actually loves Rodrik. Even if she refuses to keep the betrothal it's more to do with the danger House Forester now faces rather than her not actually wanting to marry Rodrik in the first place. In my playthrough she decided to keep the betrothal in place even though her father was having doubts. When her father agrees to Ludds demands that Elaena should marry Gryff, she leaves with her brother Arthur taking some of the elite guard with them behind her father's back. Also in my playthrough her and Rodrik slept together. So I highly doubt she wants to return to her father. I think Asher would marry her, because he would most likely want to protect the woman his brother loved and because she has already suffered enough through trying to remain loyal to House Forester. Another thing to consider (I highly doubt this by the way) is that Elaena might actually pregnant. If this were the case then her child would be born a bastard. If Asher married her first and then later went on to have the child. Asher could just claim that he is the father and the child would not have to live as a bastard.

As for where Asher/Rodrik might end up hiding out or heading too your guess is as good as mine. I honestly don't see them making the trip to KL even if everyone in this game travels by SOP (Speed Of Plot). Besides they will most likely magically have already heard about Mira being beheaded or betrothed to Morgryn. Not that I expect Mira will even be mentioned by any of them. I also doubt they would go to Meereen, I doubt they would want Daenarerys to see how weakened they had become. If Malcolm is smart he'll keep his mouth shut. I think they'll most likely just end up on an abandoned farm somewhere.

With regards to Ryon I think if they new they were going to go down this route, they should've made us care about his more. I think they're relying to much on the fact that he is a kid and the youngest Forester. Now if they had kept Ethan alive and taken him hostage - I would've cared about that. Especially because they would've essentially have taken the Lord of Ironrath hostage! Then come episode 2 Rodrik makes his reappearance and takes over as Lord of Ironrath. Ethan being a Whitehill hostage would've opened up so many possibilities. Ethan by his own admission was more of a thinker and a thinker could've proved quite useful as an inside man.

Thank u everyone for your answers especially HayleyTaurus . I still hope that ironrath will rise in season 2 but as u said it's kinda impos

• that would suck. but in the show the whitewalkers are already attacking so maybe if you try to stay at the north grove maybe depending on your choices if you have the heart blood you can put up a good fight but end up being forced out or if you dont have the blood youll lose all soldiers and be forced out anyway and taken to ironrath to help rodrick and whatnot save ironrath. and maybe if you leave youll have a perfectly prepared army if you use the blood. but will lose the north grove easily. im guessing the only reason gregor and duncan didnt want you to lose the north grove is cause gregor doesnt want his children to die and duncan wants to use the people and their abilities as a weapon against whitehill. i dunno but thats my assumption.

Sadly I don't think Telltale will ever let us reach Ironrath. They're so hell bent on us protecting the North Grove, that I think any attem

• i doubt they dont want you to lose the north grove cause "winter is coming"

that would suck. but in the show the whitewalkers are already attacking so maybe if you try to stay at the north grove maybe depending on yo

• edited January 2016

i can speak for royland he was my first and since i cant be fucked to go all the way back also my only choice xD even though he is a grumpy old cunt that wanted to kill everything he was still strong and loyal to the house. duncan was kinda pathetic in his final moments. the motherfucker called me reckless! xD and so i stabbed him and talia seemed please. though i hope me an garret have no hard feelings.

Why a traitor would save me? Can't speak for Royland since I didn't pick him as sentinel, but Duncan despite his foolish decisions i

• That is an interesting idea. Maybe as you say Gregor wanted Gared to protect the North Grove in order to protect his bastards. That way in the event that all his true borne children died, they could claim Ironrath. Which poses another question, if this was Gregor's back up plan, how did he hope to get them legitimized? Also how would anyone be able to prove that they actually are Gregor's bastards?

that would suck. but in the show the whitewalkers are already attacking so maybe if you try to stay at the north grove maybe depending on yo

• thats a good question. hopefully it gets answered in the next season and hopefully they let us go back and fight to get ironrath back. I'd be pissed if they just went "yup ironraths gone never getting it back bye" xD

That is an interesting idea. Maybe as you say Gregor wanted Gared to protect the North Grove in order to protect his bastards. That way in

• now that i think about it. maybe the sword he needs delivered to the house and their house necklaces might prove their surname but i think it will require more than that

thats a good question. hopefully it gets answered in the next season and hopefully they let us go back and fight to get ironrath back. I'd be pissed if they just went "yup ironraths gone never getting it back bye" xD

• Yeah there should definitely be a scenario in which we take back Ironrath even if it is in the last season.

thats a good question. hopefully it gets answered in the next season and hopefully they let us go back and fight to get ironrath back. I'd be pissed if they just went "yup ironraths gone never getting it back bye" xD

• I like what you did there with the mash up of Rodrik and Asher.

I prefer Arik.

Yes it would be interesting and ordinarily I would've considered this a viable myself. However I just don't have faith in TellTale to do an

• If they will let us to take Ironrath back in this season this will be 100% in episode 6 so that sucks.... I think we have to wait until December to know that .. even further :(

Well... I've seen all of you have chosen to save Rodrik. Why u did this ? Personally i took Asher because he is the whole family of Beshka as she said in that case if u let Asher to die + Asher is a better fighter than Rodrik , as he said : "My father never trained me to be a lord. This was supposed to be Rodrik's sword! **But I was trained to fight. **" and i need good fighters to take back Ironrath. Also i rly wanted a change in landscape (if you know what I mean) , if i have chosen Rodrik all would be the same as the first day when Rodrik became the lord of the house.

• Or maybe Rasher. It would actually go will with the whole bacon thing.......Rasher of Bacon =p

I like what you did there with the mash up of Rodrik and Asher. I prefer Arik.

• Because if Rodrik dies you already lost the war. Rodrik even said to Ludd you may be right about all of it but I'm still the last Lord standing.

If they will let us to take Ironrath back in this season this will be 100% in episode 6 so that sucks.... I think we have to wait until Dece

Sign in to comment in this discussion.