Bought the season pass? Got excited for skins? Wrong platform...yay

Hey, How-Ugh these Pretzels suck, How's your day been buddy? Just wanted to say I'm a little upset to see i can't get the season pass skins from TFTB for the Pre-Sequel because i purchased it on iOS instead of console, i can only get it on Steam, i dont even have a computer. Was so looking forward to using the skins, who else had this problem?

Comments

• There probably is some sort of work around to get your skins from ios, but you'd probably need to contact gearbox support

• I think Telltale had mentioned upfront that you had to purchase both games on the same platform, and that iOS (or mobile players in general) did not get skins. It was only limited to consoles and computers I believe.

• I have it on android and it still advertises it as unlockable under extras. However, it explicitly says it needs a TTG account that is linked to a SHiFT account and will only work on the steam version of the game.

I think Telltale had mentioned upfront that you had to purchase both games on the same platform, and that iOS (or mobile players in general) did not get skins. It was only limited to consoles and computers I believe.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

Does it? I don't think that should be the case (there was a similar glitch for Poker Night 2 on iOS) so I can let Telltale know. From what I recall, they said you had to be on the same platform but I could have recalled that wrong.

Edit: I was wrong, the iOS version grants you Steam skins, but only Steam skins. For skins/weapons on Console versions, you have to be on the same platform for both Tales from the Borderlands and Borderlands: Pre-Sequel.

Linnet posted: »

I have it on android and it still advertises it as unlockable under extras. However, it explicitly says it needs a TTG account that is linked to a SHiFT account and will only work on the steam version of the game.

• The thing that burns a bit is I bought it at $5/ep, and now can't get the skins without paying $15 for the season pass.

Does it? I don't think that should be the case (there was a similar glitch for Poker Night 2 on iOS) so I can let Telltale know. From what I

• I think i was on Gearbox's website when i read iOS could only get them on steam and xbox 360 could only get it for 360, ps3 can only get ps3...etc., so on so forth.

I think Telltale had mentioned upfront that you had to purchase both games on the same platform, and that iOS (or mobile players in general) did not get skins. It was only limited to consoles and computers I believe.

• Ouch, i just straight up bought the season pass, i didnt even know you got skins, i just knew i was going to but them all anyway so i was like why not.

Linnet posted: »

The thing that burns a bit is I bought it at $5/ep, and now can't get the skins without paying $15 for the season pass.

• edited January 2016

I wasn't thinking I'd get hooked to the extent that I did. I realized as of ep2 that I wanted to buy the whole season, but since ep1 wasn't free yet when I bought it that meant I would have been spending an extra $10, which is more than I was willing to spend to make Nisha have Fiona hair.

Really wish there was an "upgrade" option, similar album purchases in amazon. Would have given the additional $15 at the end of ep2 if possible.

Ouch, i just straight up bought the season pass, i didnt even know you got skins, i just knew i was going to but them all anyway so i was like why not.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.