Telltale Apps Fully Updated for iOS 9

Late last year, several older Telltale titles were removed for sale from the App Store because of compatibility issues with the new iOS 9. While people who already owned these apps have always maintained access to play them, today we have good news for new players looking to get in on the action: ALL of the following titles have now returned to the App Store with FULL support for iOS 9!

You can download the first episode of many of these series FREE via the App Store right now, so it's the perfect time to catch up on some of the Telltale games you might have missed the first time around.

The Wolf Among Us

The Wolf Among Us logo

The Wolf Among Us is a five episode series based on Fables (DC Comics/Vertigo), an award-winning comic book series by Bill Willingham. it is a violent, hard-boiled thriller where the characters and creatures of myth, lore and legend are real, and exist in our world. Your choices matter and will change and define the story you experience. As Bigby Wolf - THE big bad wolf - you will discover that a brutal, bloody murder is just a taste of things to come in a game series where your every decision can have enormous consequences.

Get The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 FREE via the App Store

The Walking Dead: Season One

The Walking Dead logo

Winner of over 90 Game of the Year Awards

The Walking Dead: Season One is a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman's award-winning comic book series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.

Get The Walking Dead: The Game Episode 1 FREE via the App Store

Back to the Future: The Game

BTTF logo

In Back to the Future: The Game, six months after the events of Back to the Future Part III, the DeLorean Time Machine mysteriously returns to Hill Valley—driverless! Now, Marty must go back to 1931 to recruit the help of a reluctant teenage Emmett Brown in order to save 1985’s Doc from certain death. Can they repair the rifts of the past without accidentally erasing the future?

This series was created in collaboration with movie trilogy co-writer and producer Bob Gale, AND features original movie cast members Christopher Lloyd (‘Doc’ Brown), Claudia Wells (Jennifer Parker), and in special cameo appearances, Michael J. Fox as McFly family members of the past…and the future!

Get Back to the Future: The Game Episode 1 FREE via the App Store

Jurassic Park: The Game

Jurassic Park logo

The story begins during the last half of the first Jurassic Park film, where the island's security systems have failed and the dinosaurs now roam free. When Nedry fails to deliver the stolen dinosaur embryos, his contact Miles ventures into the dark jungle with Nima, a professional smuggler. Elsewhere, park veterinarian Gerry tours Jurassic Park with his daughter Jess in what he thinks is a safe area of the island.

Get Jurassic Park: The Game via the App Store

Poker Night 2

Poker Night 2 logo

Take the fifth seat in Poker Night 2 and go all in at a table featuring Claptrap (Borderlands 2), Brock Samson (The Venture Bros.), Ash (Army of Darkness) and Sam (Sam and Max series). Your dealer is GLaDOS (Portal series), but at no point will you be considered as a candidate for a visit to Aperture Science’s Enrichment Center. Unless you lose.

Get Poker Night 2 via the App Store

Puzzle Agent 2

Puzzle Agent 2 logo

Agent Nelson Tethers just solved the biggest case of his career. So why isn't he satisfied? There's still the case of a missing eraser factory foreman, a whispering madness is still creeping from mind to mind, and a troubling recurrence of... creatures... is lurking in the town.

The FBI's Department of Puzzle Research has marked the case closed -- are they sweeping it under the rug? Or worse, do they not even care? Worried that the case will languish forever unsolved, Tethers must go rogue and venture back to the eerie town of Scoggins, Minnesota to solve the mystery of "the Hidden People" once and for all.

Get Puzzle Agent 2 via the App Store

Tales of Monkey Island

ToMI logo

While explosively stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with the arch-fiend's expelled voodoo, which threatens to transform buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters. Pursued by a notorious cut-throat Pirate Hunter and a creepy French Physician who believes that Guybrush's eerily-infected hand holds the secret of eternal life, Threepwood sails the seven seas in search of La Esponja Grande, a legendary sea sponge with unparalleled voodoo exfoliating abilities. But little does Guybrush know, his quest is part of a larger, more sinister plot, and good and evil are not always as they seem...

Get Tales of Monkey Island via the App Store

Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space

Sam & Max 2 logo

Team up with Sam & Max, self-styled Freelance Police with their own brand of criminal justice. Uncover clues, interrogate suspects, and crack some bizarre cases in this humorous series.

Get Same & Max: Beyond Time and Space via the App Store

Comments

• Awesome! Thanks for including some of your older games as well! ;)

• Seems like Jurassic Park is now on iPhone too whereas it was previously an iPad exclusive. I already own the game on PC, but I wonder how it would feel playing on an iPhone since the gameplay isn't exactly the same as a modern Telltale title.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

Now that the current iOS devices are newer and more powerful, I wonder if Telltale would be interested in porting/updating the rest of The Devil's Playhouse as well? I recall hearing they couldn't port Episode 2 of Devil's Playhouse on older devices like the first two iPads at the time because some of the environments were too big, but that shouldn't be a problem with modern iOS devices from the last few years.

I'd strongly consider double dipping on some episodes of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse if it was updated for iOS 9 too.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Awesome! Thanks for including some of your older games as well!

• Whatt!!? Seriously!? Such partiality by TTG!?
    I Never xpected this. Android devices are powerful enough to handle these previous titles! I, on behalf of all Androiders, say that BRING THE OLD ONES TO ANDROID! JURASSIC PARK, PUZZLE AGENT 2, friggin SAM N MAX and all other...we want it! Some moderator please reply and tell if ttg IS planning for Android or not!

• Moderators are only volunteers - we aren't Telltale staff, so we would not know either unless Telltale announced any plans. Telltale previously made iOS ports for their older games a few years ago, so the only work they really had to do was updating them to be compatible for iOS 9. However, for Android, I presume they would have to do more back end work to get their older titles running on Android - hence, why the older titles aren't immediately available.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Whatt!!? Seriously!? Such partiality by TTG!? I Never xpected this. Android devices are powerful enough to handle these previous titles! I,

• My heart stopped beating when I saw 'The Wolf Among Us' in the top of this message...

I really thought for a few (delicious) seconds that this was about a TWAU Season 2 announcement... until I read the text... to my despair.

• Ikr...i understand

My heart stopped beating when I saw 'The Wolf Among Us' in the top of this message... I really thought for a few (delicious) seconds that this was about a TWAU Season 2 announcement... until I read the text... to my despair.

This discussion has been closed.