Unpopular Choices

So yeah. Those stats you get at the end of an episode.

I've noticed that on the whole, about 2/3rds of my choices have been... fairly usual.

Just finished Episode 4... and I got the following:

• You and 87.4% brought Finn along.
  • You and 61.1% maimed Gryff.
  • You and 12% revealed Sera's secret to Lord Tarwick.
  • You and 64% ordered the Glenmore soldiers to remain at Ironrath.
  • You and 24.4% allowed Beskha to kill the Slave Master.

It is really the third and the fifth that got my attention.
The third seemed natural to me. Sera has just been a nuisance for the most part, but from the moment she told her "secret" to Mira, I figured I'd have to use it as a bargaining chip sooner or later (and technically I never ~promised~ not to tell anyone). It just surprised me that the vast majority of people kept her secret. Oh, plus the fact that the piece of information I traded it for (and said I wouldn't mention to anyone) I then immediately used to trade for yet another piece of info. Episode 4 was fun time for Dark Mira.

And Beskha. I'm ashamed of you guys. 3/4 of people stopped her killing her former master? I mean just keeping in mind that otherwise, he was going to end up crucified on a sign-post somewhere. And Daenarys was being a total slag anyway.

SO! What unpopular choices have you made?

Comments

• edited January 2016

My most unpopular choices (I'll count any that are under 35%):

• 1% Had Asher Stay Behind (JK)
    • 15.2% Chopped off Erik's Fingers (Gotta uphold the northern law. Plus, the man who passes the sentence, should swing the sword, so Ethan did the deed himself)
    • 24.4% Let Beskha kill her master (I did it too! Beskha deserved her revenge, plus I owed her after saving Malcolm, and figured Daenerys would understand)
    • 30.2% Picked Royland as Sentinel (Easiest choice ever for me)
    • 31.2% Stood up to Gryff Whitehill (Rodrik will not be broken by some petulant forthborn)
    • 33.4% Left Bowen Behind (Sorry, Bowen, but you were annoying... and warning Lord Forrester seemed more important in that moment. Even though it actually wasn't)
    • 34.8% Stabbed Ramsay (Ethan and Arthur deserved that much, at least)

And that's all of 'em. :)

• I ran away and left tom to die.So to be honest all that crap with mira in episode 6 shouldnt have happened.

I think either let beshka or stop her makes sense however I have no understanding of anyone who chooses to kill the guy themselves, it literally pleases no one yet quite a few people chose it.

• edited January 2016
    • I and 16.1% Players Took Erik' s Fingers off
    • I and 23.2% Players Forged Margaery' s Letter
    • I and 28.9% players Kissed Lord Whitehill' s Ring
    • I and 48.3% Players won Rodrik' s betrothal to Elaena Glenmore
    • Me and 49.3% saved Malcom instead of Beshka
    • Me and 48.9% players defied Margaery and Spoke to Tyrion
    • Me and 36% Ordered the Glenmore soldiers to come to Highpoint
      That's about it.
    • Told Lady Forrester that Malcolm stays - I figured since Ramsay was coming to Ironrath we would need all the help we could get to prevent the Boltons from performing any kind of torture. I thought he would actually show up at the meeting but he didn't so whatever.
    • Told Tyrion the truth - After all he has done to help me I couldn't just leave him in the dark. He deserved to know the truth and it didn't matter because he suspected I was sent by Cersei anyways.
    • Sabotaged the plan to poison Ludd - This is one I ended up regretting. Short story here but I let my emotions get to me and I thought there had to be some other way, but it went well with the story imo since there was actually a reason why Ironrath fell to the Whithills so I kept it.
  • I'll do like DillonDex and count anything below 35% and stick with me 'cause I have a lot of them:

I and 33.4% left Bowen behind

I and 16.1% took Erik's fingers

I and 30.3% picked Royland as sentinel

I and 23.2% forged Margaery's letter

I and 9.6% of players didn't kill Mira's attacker

I and 17.2% gave Britt a quick death

I and 12% revealed Sera's secret to Lord Tarwick

I and 24.4% allowed Beskha to kill the Slave Master

(Trying to stab Ramsay, killing Bloodsong, and telling Tyrion the truth are at 35, 37, and 36% so none for ep 5)

(None for ep 6 either since the only one i'm not in the minority on is refusing to marry Morgryn, which is the only one that would have been under 35% if I had chosen diffrently)

• Does bringing the Glenmore soldiers to Highpoint stop Ramsay from ... well... screwing them over? Or does he kill someone else instead?

* I and 16.1% Players Took Erik' s Fingers off * I and 23.2% Players Forged Margaery' s Letter * I and 28.9% players Kissed Lord Whitehill

• edited January 2016

My console had disconnected from the Internet when the thing with Mira's attempted assassination happened.... but you're saying less than 10% refused to perform the kill personally? ... Seems a bit strange, since the guy dies anyway.

I probably won't bother playing through this game a second time, but if I did, I'd probably make quite a few choices differently on the knowledge that the outcome is basically the same either way.

[Edit]: Only 35.5% tried to stab Ramsay Snow in episode 5? .... Seriously? ... I mean I know it wouldn't succeed on account of plot-armour... but it was totally worth giving it a try. At least if one discounts the plot armour, the most logical assumption would be that he'd only do it expecting Rodrik to chicken out, which would actually give a chance to genuinely kill him because he wouldn't be expecting it. Shame about the plot armour.
    Would have been funny for him to have been suddenly cut from the television series because he was retroactively killed in a TTG game.

[Edit 2]: Endgame stats! And I am just ROLLING in uncommon results now!

I was among just 7.7% for whom Ethan will be remembered as "Ethan the Wise". And I honestly have NO idea how I managed that. But apparently I was among 22.4% who had Ethan tell Talia he might have to "grow up to be a lord".

Apparently only 23.2% of people forged the letter to Elaena. 36.1% stole both the seal and the key (and I'm not sure the key was ever used for anything).
    Only 9.6% ran away from the assassin... not that it seemed to have made any difference in the end. Apparently only 30.9% told Cersei that only her opinion matters... which seems a very strange statistic to keep track of.

30.6% mentioned the North Grove to Jon Snow. I did so because Jon Snow is one of the main characters of the official plotline, and the plot of this story could never take him anywhere where he wouldn't be able to fulfill his part in the official GOT plot.... so basically there could be no negative consequence to telling him about it. Apparently only 15.4% had Gared tell Jon that he had done the right thing.... BUT in my case that was an error, because what I thought "I did nothing wrong" meant and how it came out were two completely different things.

... 28.9% kissed the ring. And I did that because I was following someone else's advice from here. THAT is one I'd take back. Apparently only 32% did the whole standing up to Gryff thing though. I find it kinda funny that most people refused to kiss the ring but aquiesced to Gryff... while I did the complete opposite.

I was with 14.8% who were hostile to Daenarys... hehe... No regrets there. 39.2% mentioned needing an army to avenge ... presumably Ethan? 24.4% let that whole master-killing dealie take place, and here I have Daenarys complaining about it.... I mean I WAS going to explain to Daenarys that Beskha had been a slave before, and therefore we technically were NOT defying what she said.... BUT Beskha seemed to be getting increasingly pissy at the notion of my just blurting out her secret, so in the end I didn't reveal it. So apparently only 30.9% of us left Daenarys without any reward... (I didn't even know it was possible to get anything from her, to be honest).

23.7% of us did not keep Sera's secret, myself included. I weaselled my way out of that one because I remember Gared having to keep his word about the North Grove, and I figured the only way I'd be able to use the secret as currency would be to avoid making a promise. 12% told Tarwick the truth about Sera. Have I mentioned how much I disliked her? 39.3% lied about Sera to Margaery. 23.8% decided to marry Morgryn, and I'm squarely in that category... though the last metatext about him now speaking for her was more than a little ominous. I figure at some point in the future she'll either convince him to stop being a maximum dickweed, or murder him in his sleep.

I'm with 27.6% who sacrified Lady Forrester in order to poison Ludd.... though technically speaking it is less of a "sacrifice" and more of a "win-win situation" since she annoyed me anyway. She reminded me too much of the TV version of Catelyn Stark.

I decided to rip Cotter's heart out (and pissed off Whitey), then stayed in the North Grove rather than marching south (because an army of blood-magic-zombies would never make it south past the wall anyway)... but those don't seem to be minority choices (though I got the impression around these boards that they would be. I strongly suspect that Gared Tuttle will end up getting mad rutty with the witch bastard of Forrester (and he might have got it on with Whitey eventually if he had chosen the nightshade instead, in spite of her youth).

15.7% fought with UNWAVERING CONVICTION ... whatever the hell that means. I mean I figured I'd changed my approach on a lot of things. Rodrik instantly went from a chickenshit coward to bloodthirsty psycho almost instantly the moment I decided that the thread I was following here was giving me bad advice (and started thinking sensibly about what would or wouldn't change the plot).

Asher seemed to be almost dead at the end (in spite of Bowen showing up out of nowhere to save him mid-battle before being killed), and frankly after being knifed by Gwyn, impaled by that Dovahkiin-wannabe, and shot up with several arrows... I'm honestly surprised he is still alive. Ryon was being spirited away by Beskha.... presumably to go to Skagos since that is where all unwanted youngest sons of Northern Lords go. AAAAAND I'm back on the title screen, and the fact that only Gared and Asher are there is rather telling. I guess Mira will never be playable again... for reasons relating to her optional death. BUT on the upside, I expect that also means that Morgryn's plan to get rid of the rest of her family probably won't work either.

TaleTellFan posted: »

I'll do like DillonDex and count anything below 35% and stick with me 'cause I have a lot of them: I and 33.4% left Bowen behind I and

• Yeah the Glenmore soldiers still get screwed over by Ramsay.

SotiCoto posted: »

Does bringing the Glenmore soldiers to Highpoint stop Ramsay from ... well... screwing them over? Or does he kill someone else instead?

• To be honest im always happy when I see my choices are the small percent. Which is most of the time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.