Everything Wrong With Tales From the Borderlands

Dartigan's recent sins video.

enter link description here

Best sin: Sin 72 at 11:41

Comments

• I watched Dartigan playing this game on Twitch and he clearly recorded it for his video on Youtube.

• I can't believe he didn't sin Rhys somehow having his stun baton back when it was just eaten by a huge skag.

• He messed up when he said "Brains coming out of someones nose would make it an M rating."

Lmao.

• I remember I had thought that too back when I played Episode 3, but after re-watching Episode 1, I noticed that the Stun Baton is one of the things that comes out of the skag's intestines, along with the case, so that explains how he got it back.

AronDracula posted: »

I can't believe he didn't sin Rhys somehow having his stun baton back when it was just eaten by a huge skag.

• Dartigan's Sins: He gave an additional sin during the ''Awesome!'' scene even if he meant to take one away.

Ding!

• Ok, fail.

I remember I had thought that too back when I played Episode 3, but after re-watching Episode 1, I noticed that the Stun Baton is one of the things that comes out of the skag's intestines, along with the case, so that explains how he got it back.

• It's okay though, he took away like 3-4 sins for the finger gun fight, which is weird considering how he said Sasha tricking Rhys was the funniest part of the game and only took off one sin for that.

Crips posted: »

Dartigan's Sins: He gave an additional sin during the ''Awesome!'' scene even if he meant to take one away. Ding!

• Forgot a sin. since we know stranger is Loader Bot, why is he pretending to think Loader Bots can't throw people? Doesn't he think he is cool?

• I'd always put Dartigan over GCN And GamingSins. His Voice fits perfectly for nitpicking. And this Video is As good As i expected.

• I see that troy baker has reprized his role as FUCKING EVERYONE in this game.

Best sin, without a doubt

• Funny thing is that Troy also played another character in the game so he's not completely wrong there.

lottii-lu posted: »

I see that troy baker has reprized his role as FUCKING EVERYONE in this game. Best sin, without a doubt

• regarding Athena trying to convince Fiona and Sasha she's on their side

"You can NOT deny that you tried to decapitate her with your shield, and you had the chance to tell her on their way to Felix's, but instead you ripped down a bounty poster! Also at Scooter's garage, but you just stood on top of it menacingly staring at them!"

Somebody said it xD

• edited January 2016

The reason Athena survives the shot from the Launcher because that's where she gets taken to Lilith to set up the Pre Sequel. But they probably could have knocked her out in a way that didn't make you go "She should be dead" That and it being borderlands where Vault Hunters take a Bajillion Killion shots and survive.

Also you can't sin any scene with Gortys in either tbh, just too cute. Patrick Warburton IS Joe Swanson. It's just his normal voice and he uses for everything xD

"CATCH-A-RIIIIIIIIIDE!"

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited January 2016

This isn't directed at the video itself (well okay, it's directed at it a little bit), but I never got why everyone gets on Borderlands' case about using too much memes and shit

At times does it overuse some things that aren't all that humorous? Yeah, but I've always felt like there's enough wit in the BL universe to make up for some references to internet culture now and again

TFTB is even better when it comes to handling that stuff. Mainly because it doesn't really include much of that to begin with

If anything, Tales has some pretty outstanding comedy moments, and it is personally my favorite comedy-based game since Portal 2, and I'd say it has a comparable amount of wit to its writing overall

It's like, as soon as a single meme or any reference to culture is used, you forfeit being considered a comedy... or being well written at all, on the extreme side. Despite the referential nature of comedy that's been around since uh... well, since as long as comedy's been around, basically. But no, this specific type of reference is going too far.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.