The problem with the appearances of the main tftb characters in B3

Unless if they literally carry off where tftb ends, it's very unlikely one of these characters will have a major part in the story line until they make TFTB 2 because their story needs to carry of right after the end so we should be hoping for a TFTB 2 first

Comments

• The easy Way to Do it is a Time skip. "We got Lucky. Really Lucky."

• Well, fist of there should be a Borderlands 3, which at this point is not guarantee at all. The lead writer left Gearbox and The Pre-sequel wasn´t exactly a success, even TFTB while I imagine was a hit for TellTale standards it may not meet the Gearbox standards to continue the series.

Sadly, this is a problem of how popular and how much sells did Borderlands 1 and 2 had, in order to make a 3rd game they need to KNOW they will sell as much as 2 to make the game profitable, so I guess Gearbox right now just wants to stay away from the franchise for a little while they decide which would be the better way to accomplish a possible 3rd part. But again, I wouldn´t wait to see a Borderlands 3 at least till 2017 IF it ever happens.

• Borderlands 3 has been confirmed by Gearbox Ceo already.

SpaceTales posted: »

Well, fist of there should be a Borderlands 3, which at this point is not guarantee at all. The lead writer left Gearbox and The Pre-sequel

• SpaceTales posted: »

Well, fist of there should be a Borderlands 3, which at this point is not guarantee at all. The lead writer left Gearbox and The Pre-sequel

• Anthony Burch leaving GBX probably isn't a Bad thing. I think he was a solid Writer for BL2, But After TftBL i would like to See a different style of writing. I think the leadwriter of BL1 and our Most beloved mechanic "Mickey Neumann" would Be a Perfect fit As a Writer of BL3. Or him And Aaron Linde (the current Writer of Battleborn) would fit perfectly, too. I'm Not Really concerned of the writing. I just Hope, that GBX is Listening to the Fans And Are working on the complaints they got for BL2.

SpaceTales posted: »

• edited February 2016

I doubt Rhys or Fiona will be playable characters but I do have a sneaking suspicion they will be part of the game in some capacity. Possibly as side characters and I honestly think that would be the best role for them. Rhys and Fiona don't make sense as playable characters because they aren't superheros.

I've got to be honest if Fiona is one of the playable vault hunters in Borderlands 3 I'm going to be seriously disappointed. What made TftBL so interesting was seeing how normal people survive in a world as insane as Pandora. If Fiona is just a Sigourney Weaver type action hero spouting off one-liners than she would lose everything that makes her interesting and likable.

TftBL already pushed this a bit with Fiona slo-mo dodging sniper bullets and getting into a fist fight with Brick. I'm extremely concerned that Gearbox is going to take this even farther.

• I agree with you on some points there. No one of the Tftbl crew seems to be capable of facing an army of bandits alone. And yet Fiona was dodging bullets from a very experienced shooter like it was easy.

I don't hate the characters (I fucking love each and everyone of them) but to make them transist to the be on the same level as vault hunters from the Borderlands games is a stretch to me.

I could definitely see them as NPC's and quest givers, though.

KolbeHoward posted: »

I doubt Rhys or Fiona will be playable characters but I do have a sneaking suspicion they will be part of the game in some capacity. Possibl

• Agreed. Even though I'm still hesitant to see them as NPC's because this is Gearbox we are talking about. I just want a TftBL Season 2. I love the characters so much and I want to see more of them.

I agree with you on some points there. No one of the Tftbl crew seems to be capable of facing an army of bandits alone. And yet Fiona was

• I'd love to see Rhys and Fiona as couple of villains ;)

• She couldn't pick up Vallory's Bandit Rocket Launcher... And if she's suddenly a playable character can she suddenly lift everything?

KolbeHoward posted: »

Agreed. Even though I'm still hesitant to see them as NPC's because this is Gearbox we are talking about. I just want a TftBL Season 2. I love the characters so much and I want to see more of them.

• I'd love to see Fiona as a playable Vault Hunter in BL3, but then Tales' ending would be somewhat irrelevant with all of it's mystery. Also, she can't pick up a rocket launcher. This honestly confuses me cause Gaige, (Even though she has a robot arm carrying the front of the rocket launcher) can still carry those things. She has like no support with her normal arm unless she did bodybuilding in High School

• Yeah, thats the point I made about the launcher. If Gaige - A 16 year old, 5 foot 3 inch character can hold them then anyone should be able to.

But we might be being too picky, it's just a game after all. And they do have pistols that shoot rockets so anything is possible

I'd love to see Fiona as a playable Vault Hunter in BL3, but then Tales' ending would be somewhat irrelevant with all of it's mystery. Also,

• edited February 2016

Don't forget the fact they have 4 guns on hand; and a inventory full of loot. But I think the inventory would more then likely be digistructable.

And here's another thing. In Episode 3, if you trust Jack at the end of Episode 2; Fiona is holding Gortys and a Jakobs rifle. One in each hand. She takes on a bandit aswell whilst doing this, and shortly takes out another one. If she can do this, I think she has enough strength to hold something like a launcher. (Yes, it was a Bandit manufactured; so it holds even more rockets at once.) But she is taking on bandits with a rifle in one hand like something Salvador could do, while she's holding a robot; Gortys may be small but she's a freakin' robot nonetheless.

PHOTO: She can clearly hold both of those, and still fight bandits

Yeah, thats the point I made about the launcher. If Gaige - A 16 year old, 5 foot 3 inch character can hold them then anyone should be able

• maybe because rhys is now the owner of atlas we may see him as a npc quest giver same with fiona

• I hope we get Atlas guns again

maybe because rhys is now the owner of atlas we may see him as a npc quest giver same with fiona

• they were goood guns i also hope we get eridian weapons again

I hope we get Atlas guns again

• I've been thinking, does anyone actually know who technically owns the characters that debuted in Tales? Telltale created them, but Gearbox owns the rights to Borderlands in general. I assume this was already all worked out in the contracts, but I've seen weirder things happen thanks to rights issues, and I'd hate for the Tales characters to get lost in a legal quagmire.

• I feel like tftb and the original borderlands games should not have any attention with each other. All of tftb original characters should be left for us to think about.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

Telltale seems to own the characters they create (Reginald Van Winslow from Tales of Monkey Island was the host in both Poker Night games, and Trixie Trotter from Back to the Future: The Game, Monty Muzzled from Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures, and Doug (and bandits) from The Walking Dead were in cameos, despite no mention of the franchises they came from, not even in the credits).

It could be a situation where the characters are co-owned, but this is uncertain at this point, because, as far as I know, Telltale's original characters haven't yet shown up in the media from which they were developed (except for the comic version of The Wolf Among Us, which was licensed from Telltale as it adapted their story).

I've been thinking, does anyone actually know who technically owns the characters that debuted in Tales? Telltale created them, but Gearbox

• Yep, that's kind of...exactly what I was afraid of...

Jennifer posted: »

Telltale seems to own the characters they create (Reginald Van Winslow from Tales of Monkey Island was the host in both Poker Night games, a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.