What happened to Marvel?

I'm pretty sure they announced either last year or the year before that they announced they were doing something involved with Marvel, a lot of people seemed to assume Spider-Man, and that we'd learn more about it. Whatever happened to that? Especially with them doing a damn Batman game this year.

Also please don't turn this into a Marvel vs. DC thing, I just want to know what you guys think is going on. Hopefully they're still working with Marvel.

Comments

• Its not coming out until 2017, so its still a long way away for whatever it is.

• You mean what happened to the Telltale Game? Or what happened to Marvel the company? In the case of the latter, I say Disney happened.

By the way, aren't the rights to Spiderman owned by Sony?

• Last April (wow, time flies!), they announced an untitled Marvel game coming in 2017. Telltale has been pretty quiet on details about the game behind that. Expect more info to come closer to 2017, or if not, sometime during 2017.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

Sometimes Telltale announces games way out in the future, so it takes a while for anything concrete to be revealed.

A Fables game was announced way back in February 2011, but Telltale didn't reveal that their game was called a Wolf Among Us until March 2013 and we didn't get to see the first screenshots until May 2013.

As Blind Sniper said, since Telltale's Marvel game was announced in April 2015 to be coming out in 2017, we probably won't find out what exact Marvel franchise they are working on until later this year (or even early next year), and it probably will be a while after that until we get to see screenshots from it.

I wouldn't worry about Telltale working with DC hurting their relationship with Marvel (since Telltale already had a relationship with DC when they made A Wolf Among Us, and the success of that game is what led to Batman). Since it takes at least a year, if not more, for Telltale to do pre-production on a game before it is released, Batman was already in the works behind the scenes at Telltale when the Marvel deal was announced.

• Ah okay. I forgot they announced when it would be coming. Now I feel like an idiot.

Jennifer posted: »

Sometimes Telltale announces games way out in the future, so it takes a while for anything concrete to be revealed. A Fables game was ann

Sign in to comment in this discussion.