Will there be a disc release?

I ve decided to get a current gen console(since i have stick with my ps3 til now) and would love to get TftB on my new console as well - as a physical disc cause its my favourite game in 2015 . Any news about that?

Comments

• edited February 2016

none so far but i want a ps4 disc release too because my download speed is terrible because my internet is acting strange and wont be fixed until next week

• Which console are you getting? It says on the Tftbl Webpage (on this site) which platforms it works with, so you can probably digitally download it.

• I had the same idea, I'm still stuck with the ps3 too lol I'm hoping the disc version on the ps4 won't have as much lag as the digital version on my ps3 does (especially in the newer episodes)

• Nothing's been announced yet, but it's very likely. Every Telltale game has gotten a disc release except for Poker Night 1 & 2 (which I'd imagine would be a nightmare to try to work out the rights as there are multiple IPs involved and each game only costs $5 digitally), Puzzle Agent 2 (probably because of the low price point of the game, and the fact that bundling two games wouldn't be worth the effort), and Hector: Badge of Carnage (which was Telltale's first game that they published rather than developed - although it had design assistance by members of the Telltale team, it was mostly a Straandlooper developed game).

• I m gonna get a PS4. Problem is I love having games I love in my shelf ;) so i can put it roght next to all the other borderlands games i own... ;)

Which console are you getting? It says on the Tftbl Webpage (on this site) which platforms it works with, so you can probably digitally download it.

• But it's a Little Late. Maybe they want to Release a Special Edition with the soundtrack And an artbook? Ohh wait...

Jennifer posted: »

Nothing's been announced yet, but it's very likely. Every Telltale game has gotten a disc release except for Poker Night 1 & 2 (which I

• That would be awesome actually :D

GSSalvador posted: »

But it's a Little Late. Maybe they want to Release a Special Edition with the soundtrack And an artbook? Ohh wait...

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

It wouldn't be the first time that a Telltale season was released the following year after the season concluded.

The retail version of Sam & Max: Season Three was released at retail in August 2011, and the season concluded a year earlier, in August 2010.

That retail release came in the form of a collectors edition (which came with a poster, five badges, and a notebook themed manual).

If the retail release is coming though, it's possible that it'll be just on Windows (and possibly Mac), and possibly even just in Europe (as sometimes, as is the case above, publishers other than Telltale publish the games outside of the United States - they're bigger now, so I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it was for Law & Order, which was released at retail after their success with The Walking Dead in 2012).

There's still a possibility that it will be released at retail on consoles in the US (and possibly in Europe) though. It probably depends on Telltale's deal with Gearbox.

GSSalvador posted: »

But it's a Little Late. Maybe they want to Release a Special Edition with the soundtrack And an artbook? Ohh wait...

• I've found it a little odd that TFTBL hasn't gotten a disc release yet, but Minecraft: Story Mode has, and the series hasn't even finished yet.

• Thank you very much for the detailed info. I guess I don't have to start worrying yet ;)

Jennifer posted: »

It wouldn't be the first time that a Telltale season was released the following year after the season concluded. The retail version of Sa

• I agree :(

I've found it a little odd that TFTBL hasn't gotten a disc release yet, but Minecraft: Story Mode has, and the series hasn't even finished yet.

• I hope it releases in a retail package that has an art book, a bonus comes ready, production journals, like a tv show DVD release. It has a two hour behind the scenes video, and the opertunity to play it through with no pauses or next time previews

• enter image description here

jmm posted: »

Physical Release confirmed: https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/700364205321359360

• Awesome!!! <3

APRIL DISC RELEASE TELLTALE STAFF OFFICIAL BLOG POST

Sign in to comment in this discussion.