SXSW Gaming Awards

Comments

• EEUEUURRGHH I was so torn between Tales and SOMA. So I flipped a coin and I got Tales.

• Voted :) Though Tales won't win that vote, LiS will. Comparing the fanbase of both games just shows which one will win, or is this chosen by judges?

• Or The Witcher 3

CarL_J posted: »

Voted Though Tales won't win that vote, LiS will. Comparing the fanbase of both games just shows which one will win, or is this chosen by judges?

• tbh Witcher 3 is destroying every category its in. It's such an amazing game

Or The Witcher 3

• edited February 2016

Done, done and done.

My 2015 GOTYs
    1. Tales from the Borderlands
    2. Witcher 3
    3. Fallout 4
    4. Rise of the Tomb Raider
    5. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Because its a re-release for next-gen)

• I absolutely loved The Witcher 3. It was really good with choices that have a future impact.

tbh Witcher 3 is destroying every category its in. It's such an amazing game

• Really hope Life is Strange doesnt win over Tales again.

• You jinxed it. Now LIS will win. Well, it has a 1/5 chance of winning anyway.

Poogers555 posted: »

Really hope Life is Strange doesnt win over Tales again.

• What do you mean?

Tales pretty much won a majority of the awards it was in for IGN and Hardcore Gamer. Not like Tales hasn't won over LIS but LIS does have the bigger fanbase and reach.

• If Tales does indeed win over LiS again, I will be awaiting the streams of salt that will fill the comments section.

What do you mean? Tales pretty much won a majority of the awards it was in for IGN and Hardcore Gamer. Not like Tales hasn't won over LIS but LIS does have the bigger fanbase and reach.

• edited February 2016

Well, most likely it will be split between TW3 and LIS. They have some of the bigger fanbases in that category. Plus, I think people were salty about IGN because it wasn't even nominated. I mean Cibele and GoT was put instead of LIS which has already gone on to win and be nominated for other awards. So IGN not including it is annoying but not really a big deal.

Tales got the IGN wins mostly one sided because LIS wasn't even in to vote for. Hell, I started voting for Tales instead of writing LIS in because I knew "Other" wouldn't do anything. You don't include one popular game to vote and so people will shift to what they like next. Most people that liked LIS also liked Tales so its a no brainer it won. Though, it should be noted that Tales and other games are more likely to win if it isn't left up to user vote. You got Her Story which shocked everyone by getting wins so when the editors are picking....who knows who will get it as it boils down to preference.

There will always be some that are salty mostly because they are so passionate about the game they like.

lupinb0y posted: »

If Tales does indeed win over LiS again, I will be awaiting the streams of salt that will fill the comments section.

• I await the salt in this section of the forums if LIS wins iver Tales.

lupinb0y posted: »

If Tales does indeed win over LiS again, I will be awaiting the streams of salt that will fill the comments section.

• We can only hope.

• The Witcher 3 is killing it with these video game awards.

Or The Witcher 3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.