Can we speculate a release date please? Thanks.

As soon as it is available on steam I am buying that shit/pre ordering it w.e

I have a feeling it will come out in the second half of this year - this makes me sad.

Comments

• Probably going to come out Q4 of this year because telltale tends to release their big games during fall/winter

• edited February 2016

But it seems that they will change that in 2016. They arguably have many big games in the making right now, not just two, which can't all be released in the last quarter of the year. We will have Michonne and the last Episode of Minecraft early this year. If the tweet by Job was anything to go by, we might get Season 3 this year aswell. At the moment, it does not seem impossible that Season 2 of Game of Thrones will launch this year too. Which means, in my opinion, that Telltale will go for a most to full coverage, having something going at all times throughout the year. The wording 'Three Episode Event' makes me think that Minecraft Episode 5 will come out next week, and the week after that the first Episode of Michonne. So, three Episode event refers to the fact that the three Episodes will come in rather fast intervals, and won't be interrupted by the launch of a new game/Season inbetween. If I had to guess, I'd say that Michonne will be wrapped up by the end of April. I expect a new game rather fast after that, two or three months at most. I expect this to be either Batman or Game of Thrones Season 2, maybe even both. The Walking Dead Season 3 will then come out later in the year.

So, i expect Batman to release in mid 2016. Note that this is obviously just speculation.

Probably going to come out Q4 of this year because telltale tends to release their big games during fall/winter

• Yeah I totally agree with what you are saying - just speculation obviously but I hope it is true. The Batman telltale game is something I am really eager for and it's the telltale game that will keep me at bay until we get some form of confirmation on TWAU S2.

But it seems that they will change that in 2016. They arguably have many big games in the making right now, not just two, which can't all be

• You're probably right, since Telltale has gotten bigger then yeah they're probably going to have a bunch of their big games coming out.

But it seems that they will change that in 2016. They arguably have many big games in the making right now, not just two, which can't all be

• Back when Job was teasing Game of Thrones: Season 2 before it was officially announced, he said 2016's schedule for Telltale looked a lot like a TV show in that same tweet. Believe it or not, I think we actually could get Game of Thrones: Season 2 this year unless there are any changes or delays.

• edited February 2016

Dang, in the back of my mind, I thought we would get this Batman thing by April. Well, that was until I realised it's February, the 2nd month of the year... Waiting for all these series is going to make me crazy.

We've got what? Maybe 5 series this year? --> Minecraft ending, TWD Michonne, Batman, Possibly Game of Thrones S2, and (hopefully) the Super Show and WD Season 3? ... Hm, that, and all the other cool games coming this year... Firewatch (tomorrow. yay.), Uncharted 4, Hitman, Mirror's Edge, No Man's sky, Final Fantasy XV (It'll be my first one...) uh, other stuff?

But yeah. You guys are right. I'd expect maybe end of Q2 this year if not, beginning of Q3. This is going to be tough for Telltale, I'm kinda worried they'll have to push something back. I've never seen so many of their series scheduled for release during one whole year.

• In terms of quantity of series scheduled, it does sound like a lot, but keep in mind that Michonne was delayed from last Fall and Minecraft only has its Season Finale left. Granted, Batman/Walking Dead: Season 3/Game of Thrones: Season 2 sounds like a lot, but that's mainly just one more Season a year than the last few years.

AChicken posted: »

Dang, in the back of my mind, I thought we would get this Batman thing by April. Well, that was until I realised it's February, the 2nd mont

• It would hurt my soul if they did Game of Thrones season 2. That could be time spent on TWAU S2. I mean come on the majority of us here are in agreement that Game of Thrones was far from the best Telltale game - right?

• Yes, although I'm probably overreacting because it's not just the Telltale games I'm looking forward to, it's all the other cool-looking games that come out too. So, right, Telltale might not push something back considering that it wasn't really confirmed that some of those series come out this year. All their different projects that have been announced just make me so hyped for the future. But I'm ok, it just seems like a lot right now, considering it is the beginning of 2016.

In terms of quantity of series scheduled, it does sound like a lot, but keep in mind that Michonne was delayed from last Fall and Minecraft

• If I am interpreting this correctly, you think Game of Thrones Season 2 is a possibility? It was confirmed a while ago actually.

VenomHD posted: »

It would hurt my soul if they did Game of Thrones season 2. That could be time spent on TWAU S2. I mean come on the majority of us here are in agreement that Game of Thrones was far from the best Telltale game - right?

• Then my bad I guess I wasn't aware of that. I mean I assumed they would make one but I didn't expect to get it so soon.

If I am interpreting this correctly, you think Game of Thrones Season 2 is a possibility? It was confirmed a while ago actually.

• edited February 2016

It's not confirmed that GoT Season 2 comes out this year, nor is it confirmed that TWD Season 3 comes out in 2016. Both seem very likely, especially TWD with all the recent tweets, but the only confirmed series are Michonne and Batman.

And GoT made enough money or seemed profitable enough to warrant a second Season, while TWAU is not. So no. Apparently, people do not agree, or at least Telltale doesn't, and they are the ones making money off of it, so they'll know what's profitable and what isn't.

VenomHD posted: »

Then my bad I guess I wasn't aware of that. I mean I assumed they would make one but I didn't expect to get it so soon.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

And GoT made enough money or seemed profitable enough to warrant a second Season, while TWAU is not. So no. Apparently, people do not agree, or at least Telltale doesn't, and they are the ones making money off of it, so they'll know what's profitable and what isn't.

Money isn't the only contributing factor in their decision to make a second season of GoT, when they announced it they also announced that it would be a "multi-year, multi-title partnership" which meant that 2 or more seasons would always happen as it was in the contract unlike TWAU which didn't state such a thing in their press release.

Links to press releases for context:

It's not confirmed that GoT Season 2 comes out this year, nor is it confirmed that TWD Season 3 comes out in 2016. Both seem very likely, es

• November, since it's the most batman-themed month out there.

• Ahh Gotham city gettin ready for good old Christmas time snowy colorful and a great touch of Goth oooOOoo i love batman

November, since it's the most batman-themed month out there.

• The year 69,420,666

• I'm willing to bet that the Batman franchise will still be strong by then.

Specifically on that year with those numbers.

The year 69,420,666

• "Around the Corner" ;)

The year 69,420,666

• I hope that Batman franchise comes in end of 2016

I'm willing to bet that the Batman franchise will still be strong by then. Specifically on that year with those numbers.

• The Mayans were wrong before, they'll be wrong again!

Mayans posted: »

I hope that Batman franchise comes in end of 2016

• Can you tell me where I was wrong before?

The Mayans were wrong before, they'll be wrong again!

• The whole 2012 Mayan thing.

Then again, they probably just ran out of room on their calendar.

Mayans posted: »

Can you tell me where I was wrong before?

• I've joined this year my friend. I was never active in 2012. Go check my profile friend.

The whole 2012 Mayan thing. Then again, they probably just ran out of room on their calendar.

• Mayans posted: »

I've joined this year my friend. I was never active in 2012. Go check my profile friend.

• What are you talking about man?

The Mayans are old yo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.