Any chance for a retail release ?

I would love to put this game on my shelf alongside other telltale titles.

Comments

• I hope so, Id really like one of the signature editions ;-;

• There's a good chance.

• Hopefully they'll announce it, along with Season 2, on February 17th.

F17

• Wait, is something happening on February 17th? Don't play games with my heart, I need TFTB season 2.

Hopefully they'll announce it, along with Season 2, on February 17th. F17

• F17 is a forum joke that happened during the long wait for TFTB episode 2.

Wait, is something happening on February 17th? Don't play games with my heart, I need TFTB season 2.

• Oh gosh, that's what I get for getting my hopes up. Thanks for explaining it to me, though!

dojo32161 posted: »

F17 is a forum joke that happened during the long wait for TFTB episode 2.

• Telltale have answered my prayers. Tales from the Borderlands retail is coming April 26th

Oh gosh, that's what I get for getting my hopes up. Thanks for explaining it to me, though!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

A retail version has now been confirmed.

Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series, the Telltale adventure game set in the Borderlands universe, will be released April 26 at retail in North America, publisher 2K Games announced today.

The disc will include Tales from the Borderlands in its entirety, all five episodes. It will be available on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The console versions will cost $29.99 each, while the PC version will go for $19.99. You can see the box art for each platform below. The collection will be released April 21 in Australia and New Zealand, and April 22 in Europe.

Tales from the Borderlands tells the story of a power struggle among corporations, con artists, bandits and other nefarious individuals for a Vault Key, an item that is said to provide access to untold riches for whoever possesses it. The game goes back and forth between its two playable protagonists, grifter Fiona (Laura Bailey) and ambitious Hyperion Corporation employee Rhys (Troy Baker), and also switches between different time periods, although all of it takes place after Borderlands 2.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/18/11049686/tales-from-the-borderlands-release-date-retail-disc-price

• Nice find! I didn't think it was going to get a release like Minecraft and Thrones had, but it's good that they did.

OzzyUK posted: »

A retail version has now been confirmed. Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series, the Telltale adventure game set in the B

• you were off by one day :)

Hopefully they'll announce it, along with Season 2, on February 17th. F17

• That is awesome news. Depending on the features, I may rebuy.

OzzyUK posted: »

A retail version has now been confirmed. Tales from the Borderlands: A Telltale Games Series, the Telltale adventure game set in the B

• I know. Damn you Telltale, you missed out on an amazing opportunity to announce it on the greatest day of the year, shame on you.

Linnet posted: »

you were off by one day

• Most of the time, it's the exact same as buying the game digitally. So, I would not count on any new or extra features.

Only games that are labeled as special editions (like Walking Dead Season 1: Game of the Year or Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary) have special content. This just seems to be a normal game release with all episodes on one disc.

That is awesome news. Depending on the features, I may rebuy.

• aww, there goes my hopes for a super special platinum edition with Loaderbot and Gortys action figures :P

Most of the time, it's the exact same as buying the game digitally. So, I would not count on any new or extra features. Only games that a

• I hope there is a. Special edition art book, a behind the scenes footage video, and being able to play the game not having to judge them as episodes. The reason why this is a huge possibility is because this is telltales first game that really changed from when we first heared about it to now. After finishing it, it is just as important as the walking dead because in my opinion, because It is the first telltale game that was a full on comedy, in my opinion. I am not going to stop using the words in my opinion

• because It is the first telltale game that was a full on comedy

...You mean, besides Poker Night 1/2, Sam and Max Seasons 1-3, Monkey Island, Strong Bad, Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the Future?

I hope there is a. Special edition art book, a behind the scenes footage video, and being able to play the game not having to judge them as

• Oh, criticism again I see

because It is the first telltale game that was a full on comedy ...You mean, besides Poker Night 1/2, Sam and Max Seasons 1-3, Monkey Island, Strong Bad, Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the Future?

• How is that criticism? You need to learn the difference between an opinion and something that's completely not true. You said this was Telltale's first comedy game, that is clearly wrong, and Blind Sniper pointed out Telltale's older comedy games that they made before this. That's not criticism, that's stating obvious and well known facts.

Oh, criticism again I see

• I said in my opinion, I meant first good comedic game, I will flag your comments if you keep bugging me. Stop kissing ass and kicking mine and leave me alone. Please stay away from me or I will report you.

How is that criticism? You need to learn the difference between an opinion and something that's completely not true. You said this was Tellt

• I would understand if they wanted to keep production costs down and not pay to print books or swag, but including already produced videos and concept art on disk shouldn't cost them anything and would make me inclined to rebuy.

(oh, and a soundtrack. why doesn't TTG make their soundtracks available for purchase?)

I hope there is a. Special edition art book, a behind the scenes footage video, and being able to play the game not having to judge them as

• Then say that this was their first good comedic game, if you said that, neither me or Blind Sniper would have said anything because that is an actual opinion.

I said in my opinion, I meant first good comedic game, I will flag your comments if you keep bugging me. Stop kissing ass and kicking mine and leave me alone. Please stay away from me or I will report you.

• 1.10 Please do not abuse the flag system. You can flag threads or posts if they break the forum guidelines, if they are posted in the wrong location, if a similar discussion already exists, or if there is any other reason for concern. It is also OK to flag your own posts to ask a Moderator to hide or relocate them (or to request that a Moderator lock your own thread). However, please do not just flag another user's posts if you disagree with a user's opinion or don't like their post.

Let's not flag comments because they "bug" you. Only if they break forum guidelines or for another reason listed above.

I said in my opinion, I meant first good comedic game, I will flag your comments if you keep bugging me. Stop kissing ass and kicking mine and leave me alone. Please stay away from me or I will report you.

• Definitely agree for soundtracks, though Tales would be an exception since quite a few soundtracks were derived from the Borderlands games themselves.

I would understand if they wanted to keep production costs down and not pay to print books or swag, but including already produced videos an

• I know, but like, I would go to amazon and buy them right now if Galatarium and TWAU intro were buyable.

Definitely agree for soundtracks, though Tales would be an exception since quite a few soundtracks were derived from the Borderlands games themselves.

• [removed]

1.10 Please do not abuse the flag system. You can flag threads or posts if they break the forum guidelines, if they are posted in the wrong

• Or a master album of all their songs, I would so buy that.

If I wasn't running low on cash lol.

I know, but like, I would go to amazon and buy them right now if Galatarium and TWAU intro were buyable.

• I would buy the shit out of that.

Or a master album of all their songs, I would so buy that. If I wasn't running low on cash lol.

• They might be listening to you! Quick, pray for season 2!

martymf621 posted: »

Telltale have answered my prayers. Tales from the Borderlands retail is coming April 26th

• edited February 2016
  • Telltale, thank you for making one of my dreams come true, now I want you to make the other two come true, please make The Wolf Among Us season 2 and Tales from the borderlands season 2 and I'll buy three of each.

They might be listening to you! Quick, pray for season 2!

• So, Im guessing there will be a signature edition in April, along with Game of Thrones? ;-;

• Game of thrones has been already released, it was released on the same day as episode 6

Poogers555 posted: »

So, Im guessing there will be a signature edition in April, along with Game of Thrones? ;-;

• Bro, I don't know what your problem is, but you need to understand the difference between a disagreement and a personal attack. The reason you keep getting banned is because you state your opinions as if they're fact and make false claims or facts, and then get pissed off if someone calls you out on it. If you wanna stop getting banned, I'd recommend becoming a little more mature and learning how to respect others.

Oh, criticism again I see

• [removed]

ralo229 posted: »

Bro, I don't know what your problem is, but you need to understand the difference between a disagreement and a personal attack. The reason y

• [removed]

ralo229 posted: »

Bro, I don't know what your problem is, but you need to understand the difference between a disagreement and a personal attack. The reason y

• I know, but I still want a signature edition

Game of thrones has been already released, it was released on the same day as episode 6

• Pardon, but What do you mean signature edition

I know, but I still want a signature edition

• Telltale usually will release the game from their store with a different box art cover and digital signatures of the voice actors from the game such as

enter image description here

Pardon, but What do you mean signature edition

• Probably. They may release them later, I also thought of the idea of telltale games in steelbook special edition cases

Telltale usually will release the game from their store with a different box art cover and digital signatures of the voice actors from the game such as

• I am not bullying you. You literally just proved my point right there. Although saying stuff like, "Stay away from me or you will regret it," might count as bullying on your part.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.