The Walking Dead: Michonne – A Telltale Miniseries premieres Feb 23rd, Extended Preview This Sunday

kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

enter image description here

Fellow survivors, we’ve been hard at work on the latest installment of The Walking Dead here at Telltale HQ, and today we’re excited to share some news on its debut, as well as when you’ll be able to get a much closer look before its launch….

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries will premiere its first of three episodes, 'In Too Deep,' this February 23rd on PC/Mac from the Telltale Online Store, Steam, and other digital distribution services, the PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, the Xbox Games Store for Xbox One® and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, followed by a release on compatible iOS devices via the App Store, and Android-based devices via Google Play and the Amazon App Store starting February 25th. The second episode in the miniseries, 'Give No Shelter,' will follow in the month of March, and conclude with the third episode, 'What We Deserve,' in April. All three episodes in the miniseries will be available for purchase at the cost of $14.99 USD or equivalent when the first episode debuts, including access to the second and third episodes as they become available.

In this premiere episode, 'In Too Deep,' Michonne joins Pete and his crew on the sailing ship The Companion as they cruise the coast for survivors and supplies. When a desperate signal for help draws them to a scene of horrific massacre, Michonne and the crew are lead further to the floating survivors' colony of Monroe, which may just be harboring the person responsible for the carnage.

The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries stars the iconic, blade-wielding character from Robert Kirkman's best-selling comic books, portrayed in-game by award-winning actress Samira Wiley (Orange is the New Black). Haunted by her past, and coping with unimaginable loss and regret, the story explores Michonne across a three episodes of miniseries event. Players will dive into the mind of Michonne to discover what took her away from Rick, Carl, and the rest of her trusted group... and what brought her back.

Ahead of its release, fans are invited to get an exclusive extended preview of the first episode of the series on Youtube.com/TelltaleGames this Sunday February 14th at 8:30pm EST / 5:30pm PST. The development team will introduce the series allowing fans to experience the first five minutes of the premiere episode, exploring Michonne's struggle to remain among the living while being haunted by her past.

Michonne has always been among our favorite and most complex characters in the world of Robert Kirkman and Skybound’s comic series, which just celebrated its 150th issue this past month! You don’t need to have read the comics to enjoy the miniseries, nor do you need to have played the past two seasons of the game, but the comics are at the heart of the universe and we certainly hope you’ll be inspired by Michonne to dive into the series. (Seriously, the comics are really f-cking good! If you haven’t read them yet, what are you waiting for?)

The Telltale team has been very hard at work in the world of the undead, and while a full third season of The Walking Dead is also currently deep in development, we don’t expect to be able to share any details until after this miniseries concludes. What we can say is that we expect this to be our biggest year for The Walking Dead we’ve ever had, and we’re excited to share this decidedly very different story with Michonne that will explore some themes we’re truly excited about bringing to the interactive space. So tune into our Youtube channel this Sunday for an extended preview, and set your sights on February 23rd for the long-awaited return of The Walking Dead!

Comments

• Will there be a Vita version of this? Minecraft: Story Mode, Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones were all announced for Vita but have yet to launch ...

• Take all ma money

• Sounds amazing loving the overall idea of what the plot is and just can't wait and an episode a month is definetly good thing

• edited February 2016

When it said "Michonne joins Pete and his crew on the sailing ship" I was like "PEEEEETE YOURE BACK!!!

I was disappointed and I can only assume we are all disappointed in Bill Cosby, quite frankly.

Season 3 description will read like this "Clementine joins Lee and his pack of zombie eaters on a quest of epic badassitude! EXPLOSIONS!!!!"

• edited February 2016

All I have to say is...

• Hello! Any plans to optimize your engine for Intel's HD Graphics for Skylake processors? I ran into crashes with my old Intel 3rd gen processor and now that I bought a Skylake one, I would like to be able to play your games with an iGPU.

• That's really great to see you guys go back to monthly episodes again, and I hope that trend sticks for future titles. As fans, we are extremely appreciative of that. :D

• Which languages/subtitles will be included in the game?

• edited February 2016

Awesome Job on the game Guys. My hype lvl IS OVER 9000!!!!

• 2016 gonna be a good year for telltale.

• I don't even think it's possible for me to be more hyped for this game ( ;•;)

• Why? Because you want Season 3? Telltale made this game because Season 3 isn't finished and Telltale clearly noticed that we haven't been playing TWD for a year.

I don't even think it's possible for me to be more hyped for this game ( ;•;)

• Chill, I think they meant their hype level is over 9000

AronDracula posted: »

Why? Because you want Season 3? Telltale made this game because Season 3 isn't finished and Telltale clearly noticed that we haven't been playing TWD for a year.

• I want season 3 . Pls announce the release date.

• Any chance of this getting ported to vita to go along with the other walking dead games

• May I suggest a NEW idea for The Walking Dead? How about a prequel game called simply, The Walking Dead: Families

It can be a mini series of 3 episodes focusing on different characters we have already met and their background with their families and friends.
    Ep 1: Kenny with Duck and Kat right as the outbreak happened. Where they were, what went down, etc. One episode pretty much only means ONE day so you don't have to worry about overlapping with season 1's original plot.
    Ep 2: Give us the background more on Molly. She became a favorite by some and people wanted to see her again. Tell us how she got her sister on the run with her and how they ended up in Crawford, ending with her leaving the community.
    Ep 3: My favorite idea. Do the plot on a villain! Bring Madsen back and show us William Carvers transformation from nice family/friends man to sadistic survivor and leader. The episode can end with Luke/Pete/Nick and the others leaving Carvers camp.

Nobody from telltale will likely see this, but I love this idea if you guys do!

• Gee, so glad I signed up for email updates on this game. So I can find out about a major update... two days after a press release is made... And I find that press release by accident while searching the Internet. Email update system stinks.

• I doubt that Telltale will ever make a prequel of their games

tjames_41 posted: »

May I suggest a NEW idea for The Walking Dead? How about a prequel game called simply, The Walking Dead: Families It can be a mini series

• they're not anywhere near that

I want season 3 . Pls announce the release date.

• This could be on the first episode of the season 3, it could open as Lee before he commited his crime and we could play as every character in their scenario as Kenny, Lilly, Molly, The Stranger... just like in the 400 days

May I suggest a NEW idea for The Walking Dead? How about a prequel game called simply, The Walking Dead: Families It can be a mini series

• really really cool idea however i don't think telltale will do this because some of those ideas require more or less than one episode like the kenny episode would be quite boring with no real action the molly one would be good but would need more than one episode i think she would need her own mini series on her own and the carver episode again would be its own mini series and while i am sure they would be successful but i doubt they will happen sadly

This discussion has been closed.