Any plans for next year?

Next year is Sam & Max's 30th birthday... think either Steve Purcell or TellTale Games have any plans to celebrate this joyous occasion?

Comments

• In 2013, Telltale did say they had something a little smaller than a full Season planned for Sam and Max, but that it would be a little further off. Perhaps we could get something like a mini series or another Poker Night type game with Sam and Max next year?

• that'd be cool. Or maybe have a 1-game remastering of the original Hit the Road?

In 2013, Telltale did say they had something a little smaller than a full Season planned for Sam and Max, but that it would be a little furt

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2016

I doubt Telltale would do a Hit the Road remaster (as Sony apparently owns the rights to all of the LucasArts adventure games as EA owns the rights to the Star Wars games, and Sony would require Telltale to be a Sony console exclusive - which would go against Telltale's development philosophy).

A Poker Night style game or a Sam & Max miniseries is certainly a possibility since Telltale did state that they plan to have Sam & Max appear in something smaller than a full season (the former is possible because the Poker Night series sold quite well, and the latter is possible because Telltale seems to have trademarked the term "A Telltale Miniseries", so they most likely have plans for small three episode (or similarly sized) miniseries beyond The Walking Dead: Michonne).

Trogdorman posted: »

that'd be cool. Or maybe have a 1-game remastering of the original Hit the Road?

• (Inhales deeply) Inspiration just hit me! I'd be all game for the miniseries idea... but what if it was based on the three On The Road comics!

For those who don't remember:

Issue 1: Prisoners of the Casbah

Issue 2: I Love a Band Leader

Issue 3: Curse of the Faceless Man

...well okay it wouldn't be exactly like these issues, it could be where Sam & Max spend the whole miniseries on the road, and each episode finds them solving a peculiar case.

Jennifer posted: »

I doubt Telltale would do a Hit the Road remaster (as Sony apparently owns the rights to all of the LucasArts adventure games as EA owns the

• I wish a group of fans came together to hack the Telltale engine for the devil's playhouse (or time and space, personally I like the facial animation in that one best) and remade Hit the Road.
    That would be a blast, especially if they found voice actors that matched William Kasten and David Nowlin's voices.

(Inhales deeply) Inspiration just hit me! I'd be all game for the miniseries idea... but what if it was based on the three On The Road comic

• me and my friend could've filled that voice acting void. We've been doing Sam & Max comic dubs for a while now (I play Max and he plays Sam)

I wish a group of fans came together to hack the Telltale engine for the devil's playhouse (or time and space, personally I like the facial

• I might get around to animating something from your dubs in Source Filmmaker if I get around to it :D

me and my friend could've filled that voice acting void. We've been doing Sam & Max comic dubs for a while now (I play Max and he plays Sam)

• O_O if you do, can I see them afterwards? Just be sure to credit me and the others

I might get around to animating something from your dubs in Source Filmmaker if I get around to it

• Sure, I'm pretty busy over the next month, as I'm about to graduate high school and tour colleges. I'll try to give it a shot at some point, though! Here's a playlist of my animation work, starting with my most recent animation.

O_O if you do, can I see them afterwards? Just be sure to credit me and the others

• ooh, very nice! ^^

Sure, I'm pretty busy over the next month, as I'm about to graduate high school and tour colleges. I'll try to give it a shot at some point, though! Here's a playlist of my animation work, starting with my most recent animation.

• Oh my god. Now I'm getting all giddy since it will be their anniversary next year! They'll have to do something involving them. Sam & Max is Telltale's god-child (I guess since Purcell is the father...I don't know). they can't just ignore them on their birthday!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.