Help This Newbie

I have watched the movies but I have yet to play the game and I wanted to know a bit about it before I decide to get it so I have some questions. Is the game relatively close to the movie? Is it based off of all three or just the first? Is it a role-playing game or not? How good is the game?

Comments

• It's based off all three films, and there are references to all of the films in the game. It takes place six months after the end of the third film.

It's like Telltale's games before The Walking Dead, with an emphasis on puzzle solving, but the puzzle solving is a lot easier than their earlier games since the cinematic camera angles clue you in on many of the solutions (plus there's a built in hint system if you get stuck).

The game is quite good in my opinion, especially if you're a fan of the films. The story is really faithful to the films, and the co-creator of Back to the Future, Bob Gale, was involved in the game's story in the role of story consultant. If you can play the 30th anniversary edition on the system you want to play the game (the 30th anniversary edition is available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4), I really recommend that version, as Tom Wilson voiced Biff (Andrew Chaikin voiced Biff in the original version), and the game is much better for it. Not only is it more authentic, but Tom Wilson offers a lot more variety in his role of Biff than Andrew Chaikin did (Andrew Chaikin is still in the game though, in an alternate timeline scene, and that scene actually plays out well (much better than the original in my opinion) with Tom Wilson as Biff and Andrew Chaikin in alternate timeline roles).

• Thanks. I'll have to check it out.

Jennifer posted: »

It's based off all three films, and there are references to all of the films in the game. It takes place six months after the end of the th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.