Why does Fiona hate Rhys in episode 1?

I played every episode but i don't have a clue about why Fiona hated Rhys.

Comments

• edited February 2016

You mean in the future? Or the present Fiona? Because she hates him in both for different reasons. Future Fiona hates Rhys because he lied about Jack (or at least failed to mention him until he was backed into a corner), and present Fiona hates him because he's smug, and most importantly Hyperion.

The level to which she dislikes you in the future depends on if you told her about Jack. In my game after Rhys says "Of course that was all after SHE ditched me on Helios." She replies:, "I can't believe you think we left you intentionally, if anyone deserves to have trust issues here it's me." Instead of defending her actions like if you lied about Jack, she feels regret for doing so.

That's the reasons I gathered for why she seems so cross with him in the future.

• She can hate Rhys because he either never told her about Jack, told her about Jack too late, or decided to rule Hyperion.

• edited February 2016

She hates him for either telling her about Jack but telling her too late, not telling her about Jack and/or for ruling Hyperion.

• I deserve to be triple hated lmao

She can hate Rhys because he either never told her about Jack, told her about Jack too late, or decided to rule Hyperion.

• If we are truly honest, something got rewritten, because based on how you can play, Fiona shouldn't be mad in anyway at all.

For example: I didnt romance Sasha, I told her about Jack, and I didnt rule Hyperion. Doing this makes Fiona just say "Uhhhh...you didn't like...tell me about Jack on time."

• edited February 2016

I don't know if that's necessarily evidence of a re-write but rather evidence of Telltale needing Fiona to be mad at Rhys for the story to work. What I found extremely strange was when Fiona says "You and Jack ruined our lives." and Rhys's reply is: "Are you serious? That's what you're so angry about?" And I was just sitting there thinking: "like what?" That's a pretty serious accusation and Rhys's sarcasm didn't make any sense with that line.

If Fiona said "I'm so angry that you didn't tell us sooner," THEN maybe I could understand that response. But that last line just confuses the whole thing. How is ruining their lives some kind of light accusation for sarcasm purposes?

Poogers555 posted: »

If we are truly honest, something got rewritten, because based on how you can play, Fiona shouldn't be mad in anyway at all. For example:

• Like I said, something changed and they had to make Fiona mad about something. Rhys thought he was abandoned, so that was checked. But whatever originally was going to happen got rewritten, theres tons of unused things in the files, and things Telltale confirmed. I mean Telltale didn't even know who the Stranger was going to be until around episode 3 or 4.

KolbeHoward posted: »

I don't know if that's necessarily evidence of a re-write but rather evidence of Telltale needing Fiona to be mad at Rhys for the story to w

• "You only told us about Jack when backed into a corner."

Biotch, if I was given the opportunity to do so, I would have told you as early as possible.

• Yeah I was a little frustrated I couldn't have done it sooner. I tried to tell them in Episode 3 but the game wouldn't let me.

"You only told us about Jack when backed into a corner." Biotch, if I was given the opportunity to do so, I would have told you as early as possible.

• I wouldn't say as soon as possible, but definitely earlier.

I mean, the earlier on you told the sisters, the less they would have known and cared for Rhys at that point, and probably would've decided to do away with him.

"You only told us about Jack when backed into a corner." Biotch, if I was given the opportunity to do so, I would have told you as early as possible.

• A rewrite did happen. During a Q&A in this forum or reddit? The developer revealed that originally Helios wasn't going to blow up. So we can assume when that got added, maybe Fiona's reasoning for hating Rhys changed?

Personally, I don't really mind her reasons for hating Rhys if you have been nice and good. I just decide to say "Meh...I roll with it..."

Like I said, something changed and they had to make Fiona mad about something. Rhys thought he was abandoned, so that was checked. But whate

• edited January 2017

Yeah I didn't like how b*tchy Fiona was toward Rhys all the time.. When I played as him I always tried to be nice.. And btw it's not like Rhys is frickin obliged to tell her about Jack either, I never understood why they got so pissed about it, or how he and Jack ruined their lives.. Besides, isn't Jack being inside Rhys' head worse for him than Fiona and Sasha?!?..

• In my game she seemed more annoyed that Rhys wouldn't stop flirting with Sasha than anything else (does she want her sister to be perpetually single or something? She likes Rhys perfectly fine otherwise) but it's not like Sasha ever minded. She only got upset when Jack groped her and they cleared that up later.

• Because he's Hyperion scum that's why : D

It depends on your actions like everyone else says. The only time she got aggressive with me was when I lied about Handsome Jack
    I never took over Helios or trusted him in episode 3 so I'm not sure what happens when you pick those choices.

• Yeah they get mad either way. It's kind of lame tbh

If we are truly honest, something got rewritten, because based on how you can play, Fiona shouldn't be mad in anyway at all. For example:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.