Kevin Bruner talks about Batman in interview with Kotaku

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator

In case you missed my thread over in Telltale Talk, Kotaku had an interview with Kevin Bruner where they talk about Telltale's history and future. They talk about how they spent a lot of 2015 changing their internal process and hiring lots of people so they can both release more series at once and release more episodes quickly. However, they also talk some about Batman as well.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/03/the-future-of-telltale-games/

"Our Batman series is looking fantastic. I think it might become one of the best things we’ve ever done. I can’t go into much detail, but the Batman team is amazing and they are really on top of it. It’s not like any other Batman game out there. This game really explores all aspects of Batman, not just the the “fighting in the suit” side of him. There’s a lot of subplots to explore and some really amazing choices that have a big impact on the story being told. I really think it might be the peak of the mountain for us so far."

Comments

• edited March 2016

Awesome stuff. I do love the idea of the impact of 'playing' Bruce Wayne and learning critical information in the daytime at parties or board meetings as much as being the Batman. I can also imagine chats with Alfred in the Batcave and being at the massive computer, inputting the info on crimes found and determining the best course of action. Or conversation with Gordon by the Batsignal or the fun of intimidating those miserable criminals. Curious whether the subplots mentioned might mean whilst there's an overarching story or crime running through all five or six episodes, there could be other matters to deal with in single episodes with some significant criminals. And I hope we might get an idea who the villain or villains might be soon. (Hoping for the Court of Owls personally.)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.